spendin spree

finally saved to my target of $6500.. now its time to spend =)

Any suggestions of mods? any good sites online?

currently have a dint to be removed, need to get my eyelids painted.

also my shockies have gone so i deffinately need new shocks. already have the superlow king springs.

cheers mike.

for that sort of money you could get some serious work :D

What sort of things are you looking for?

bodykit?

wheels?

turbo?

red leather interior?

:P

Well mainly bolt on stuff..

Just enquired with bruce about the TRD exhaust manifold, trd front sway n rear sway and the trd quick shift kit.. totalling about 2000$ .. then i need to get sum shockies .... so another $1200.. still leaves about $3300.

maybe a uni chip? how much r they? supplied n fitted..

Why don't save that for your next car? :P

But mods i will do are:

-Suspension,

-LSD and while the gearbox is opened up,

-Get a set of closer ratio gears put in. Check with C-One japan or ask Bruce if TRD Japan has anything.

-Apexi PowerFC (last mod)

-TOM's flywheel and HDclutch kit

-CAI

-C-One/TRD exhaust

-better wheels/tyres of your choice

Or if you just want looks get a full custom bodykit and respray it GOLD! :D

I can only dream..

Edited by ZEEROLLA

with that much from stock right....

get coilovers

full exhaust system + cold air intake

short shifter, HD clutch, featherlight flywheel

nice set of 17" with really good rubber

safc or power fc ( last mod !! )

should use up all ur money = )

LSD

flywheel

suspension/shocks

wheels

altezza head and tail lights

c-one carbonfibre bonnet

twin exhaust system

race seats/leather

CAI

unichip

c-one pulley

swayabars

quickshifter

turbo

supercharger

blower

stroker kit

nitrous

racing harness

tripple webbers

V8

V6

V12

all wheel drive

4 wheel steering

sports steering wheel

tiptronic auto

hupcaps

spinning wheels

brembo brakes

auto pilot

run on avgas

jet engine

convertable top

double pumpers

and a partridge in a pear tree.lol :D

if i think of anything else ill let ya know

oh yeah and a sock lol

well ive managed to spend ..

CES EXHAUST

C-ONE COOLING PANEL

CUSTOM BOOT ACTION

DVD PLAYER

KONI'S

CAMBER KIT

mate i'd save honestly.. ive decided that i may hang up my modding shoes after Brissy autosalon.. so expensive plus it is just a car in the end... probably should pay the 7,000 left off next then save for overseas and house..

but if your really into it , turbo it and lsd it..

guys hes only got 6500 not 65000 :P

...but yer n e ways obviously depends on what type of driving ur into...

different mods are required for different driving styles i guess....

however the following mods are mandatory for the stivo :P and beneficial to all types of driving :)

TRD CAI - $ 450 (exchange rate pending)

HD Clutch - $ 300 - 500 (Brand & Type will be the diff in price)

TOMs, TRD or Fidanza Fly - $ 500 - 650 (exchange rate pending)

Koni Adjustable Sport Shocks - $ 930 - 1100

* You already have springs so no need for another set :P *

Whiteline Adj. Camber Kit - $ 100

Theres just a couple to get you started off with :)

ps. Dont forget the labour involved to install the clutch and fly ( ~ $300) and the suspension (~ $3 - 400) ....(CAI is DIY & if u want to , u could always try n save a couple a hungee by tackling the konis yaself & than just get a wheel alignment from a sussy shop :D)

One of the guys in Melbourne updated his stivo from a 2003 to a brand-new 2005 model for $4,000.00 -> $4,500.00.

That leaves you with $2,000.00 to spend on CAI and suspension; if money left over wheels or exhaust.

Cheers and have nice one.

Edited by omn1potent

mmm... $6.5k hey.... how about putting $3.3k into a tax deduction investment so you pay less tax, and carry forward the larger tax returns into your car instead! haha~ ;)

penny-wise bud! ;)

Looks like he just need suspension and exhaust. I would buy coilover, but if u don't fancy coilover and considering you have super low, koni will do just fine. Don't forget camber bolt to fix some misallignment.

As for TRD Manifold, based on what I know, its not that worth buying. Maybe you should just bore out the OEM manifold, cheaper and effective. CES catback sounds good.

Clutch kit, well I would buy one when its needed due for replacement.

For ECU, Apexi Power FC is a better buy than Unichip, they're around 1000 dollar if u can spot one. Tuning is more expensive though, and if u live in Sydney, I would reccomend RUF performance and speak to Adrian. He tuned a 2zz-ge with power FC once on celica, it goes head to head with type R he said and he;s a honda tuner.

I do think gear ratio kit from Kaaz is the best mod to make the best out of your 2zz-ge, but its very expensive. Perhaps LSD will do for drivetrain mod. Meridian motorsport once have an OEM LSD for the 2zz-ge gearbox since it is available in Japan, cost cheaper than aftermarket LSD and will do a fine job i think.

If you have to spend all that 6.5K, then go for:

Suspension - Koni or D2 or Cusco zero 1 (zero 2 is too hardcore for street i think)

Power FC + Tuning

Bore out OEM exhaust manifold + CES Catback or similar

LSD

Edited by Danz

I'd go with a combination of what Danz and Wei Wei have said.

You have CAI which save you a bit

You have some nice wheels which saves you a lot...

add to that... in order of installation...

Suspension:

Koni Yellow adustable shocks

Whiteline tower strut brace

Whiteline rear sway bar

Whiteline adjustable front sway bar

Whiteline camber bolts

(you may want to look at upgrading your bushes and U-bolts too)

Gearing:

Exedy H/D clutch kit

Fidanza light weight flywheel

TRD Limitted Slip Diff (though the Meridian motorsport one that Danz mentioned could be an option too depending on price)

Air Flow:

HONDATA heat shield

Machine intake headers

Machine Exhaust headers (or look at getting some custom ones made, TRD ones are a waste of money IMHO)

shop around for an aftermarket s/s exhaust (eg CES Racing)

Engine Management:

APEXi PowerFC (do this last!!!!)

why is everybody saying to do the powerfc last?

It's not that much for a re-tune when you add or change engine components, and the ability to up the rev-limit will allow you to stay in the powerband on shifts with more ease.

Also add-in the cost of an FC-Datalogit of you go for a powerfc, it's well worth the $495.

LSD = Good :)

Suspention???? I'm thinking about going down the TRD route.TRD shocks/springs and getting one of those weird braces as well as the strut supports as well

as for Tuning....

Dave Flood (working out of Premier in Mt.Druit Syd) just done a MOTECH in a STOCK STANDARD Sportivo and got 120kw ATW pretty nasty!!!! this will cost ya about 6500 by its self though :)

I think the ratios are goodactually very good??? where are ppl Faulting em?? i have heard this from ppl a few times.... too long? too short? dont get it...

I'd personally make 1 and 2 shorter to make if easier to stay in lift on the 1-2 and 2-3 change but the downside is that it will affect the amount of wheel-spin on take-off hence will NEED and LSD to match where right now we can JUST get away with not having an LSD and maintain acceleration control.

LSD = Good :)

Suspention???? I'm thinking about going down the TRD route.TRD shocks/springs and getting one of those weird braces as well as the strut supports as well

as for Tuning....

Dave Flood (working out of Premier in Mt.Druit Syd) just done a MOTECH in a STOCK STANDARD Sportivo and got 120kw ATW pretty nasty!!!!  this will cost ya about 6500 by its self though :)

I think the ratios are goodactually very good??? where are ppl Faulting em?? i have heard this from ppl a few times.... too long? too short? dont get it...

$6500 for 120 kw. MMM I've only spent about $1500 on exhaust and intake to achieve close to that sort of figure.

Depending on whether you want to go fast in a straight line and/ or around corners will determine where you spend it.

Firstly get your intake and exhaust sorted. CES cat back and TRD CAI @$1500,

Stock headers ported @$250-300,HD clutch and flywheel@$900, Unichip supplied and tuned @$1200.(these prices are roughly what I know/quoted.)

Secondly suspension. Adjustable Koni's @$1100, Whiteline front and rear sway bars @$390,Whiteline camber bolts @$80-90,Whiteline strut brace@$160, TRD rear strut brace@$240, Fitting and wheel alignment @$650.

This totals roughly $6340. So throw in some C-one wing tips and there's your $6500 spent modding your car to A) perform well, B)handle great and C) some nice wing tips for aesthetics :D

Well i've already got TRD cold air, exhaust. 17's..

I orderd some koni adjustables today. getting done on friday!! along with a whiteline strut brace :) he can only do the fronts on friday as there is a 4week delay on the rears. so for just the fronts, and strut brace incl fitting and aligning hes charging me $1000. and when its time for the rears he is just gonna charge me for the actually shocks. but will fit and align aswell.. it worked out to be roughly bout $1500.

I'd personally make 1 and 2 shorter to make if easier to stay in lift on the 1-2 and 2-3 change but the downside is that it will affect the amount of wheel-spin on take-off hence will NEED and LSD to match where right now we can JUST get away with not having an LSD and maintain acceleration control.

This is a bit tricky ain't it Dylan, i would also hate to lose the current 1 shift to 100km/h (note the TypeR needs 2 shifts to 100km/h due to closer 1-2-3 gearing). More shifts to 100km/h means more time lost. What about changing the final drive ratio to 4.4 (98' Spec DC2 TypeR final drive ratio)? Would that help? Whats our stock final drive ratio anyway, anybody?