My Chaser. Sold.

dorifto

• 3 weeks later...

Update!

Post holidays, I decided to get to work on where/what the car needed most and that was the handling aspect of things. First off was my rooted diff bushes. Every hard shift resulted in an audible and at times brutal 'clunk' noise as the diff would transfer all the power to the drive-shafts without suppression. In the wet, it would axle-tramped everywhere and was just annoying to drive at times. What they looked like:

15i52j4.jpg

Replacements

av6ahd.jpg

Scoured eBay one night and noticed some OEM replacement ones for cheap. Placed my bid and suprisingly won! I guess all the cool kids go poly/TRD/metal but I'm happy with OEM stuff. Once installed, the car was hugely transformed biggrin.png No shudder, no vibrations, minimal axle tramp and gets power down a whole heap smoother! Many thanks to the SG boys for install smile.png

Many after hours at work saw me purchase a KTS triangle brace and TRD castor rod bushes thrown in for good measure. My original bushes were expired so now was a good time do both in one hit, having spare castor rods at home I had the TRD bushes pressed in at work and did the install with a borrowed hoist with one of the mechanics afterwards.

21oa4qa.jpg

Understeer and oversteer explained tongue.png

t7bjhj.jpg

And fitted! Extra mounting points on the castor rods and subframe with a reinforced centre makes me, one VERY happy boy! Incredible turn-in prowess now, especially for such a large car as it is..

dbt5iq.jpg

Car is booked in for another track day at Winton in September. Would like to see high 1.30's (even a 1.39.9!) now with upgraded suspension. Considering upgrading pads as I'm still on OEM Supra pads, already have QFM HP-X's for the rear but need to fit still. Lastly, car may go in for a tune. Need to set the boost controller up and have the SAFC adjusted accordingly.

Car got tinted recently and this is a photo I've had to leech from someone at a dyno day tongue.png

471307_174831812649664_1199953764_o.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Is this for the september tampered day? :spiteful:

The new braces are real chunky and look like a huge difference compared to the stocko stuff!

Shoulda got aqua tint yo! :P

Edited by 4ABHGE

lol aqua-tint, I ain't no Nissan :P

And yeh Tampered day in September but it's booked out (MelbS15 did a deal and filled all spots with another crew/group)

FFFFUUUUUUU!!!! I wanted to go on that day, you reckon you can get me in? :(

huge rear sway !! please fix your go pro this time, I cannot see anything in your last video

That's actually the front sway bar Ben. Slightly bigger but solid bar which makes it count. GoPro belongs to Peter which he knows how to use well so it'll be better next time 'round :)

lol aqua-tint, I ain't no Nissan :P

FFFFUUUUUUU!!!! I wanted to go on that day, you reckon you can get me in? :(

Justin, I had to enter via MelbS15 process so it's up to the guy organising it to get people in. There is a waiting list at is and might be hard to get on as the majority have already paid for entry.

• 2 weeks later...

Not alot of an update but one none the less. So if last update was Suspension oriented, this can be Interior Based (warning: this will get pretty boring lol)

One day while browsing eBay (as we all do tongue.png), I stumbled across a genuine TOM'S steering wheel for a relatively low starting price with minimal bids and was ending soon. I figured I probably wouldn't win, so put in an amount I was happy to pay and left it; a few hours later and damn, I'm now the rightful owner biggrin.png I previously had one in my Corolla (330mm) and thought it was probably the best 'wheel I've owned. This ones' slightly larger at 350mm but in excellent condition and came with the TRD horn button. Sweeeet! Hoping the boss kit arrives by end of week.

2lmtmj6.jpg

Next up were the gauges. Let's back track slightly. The AEM boost gauge/controller I also won off eBay, again I wasn't expecting to win but got lucky as it had just reached my reserved price. About two weeks later I then scored the water temp gauge (new) from another forum at a discounted price. Life couldn't get much better! For a small while they looked like this: (note they USDM gauges hence Fahrenheit readings)

2eyl75x.jpg

I then went on holidays to the 'States and wanted to get an Oil Temp gauge to complete the trio however my cousin ended up purchasing one for me as a gift (sweeeet!). Anyway, get back and thought I'll hit up trusty eBay for a triple gauge pod. That turned to a shi.t-fight when the seller decided to take well over 3 weeks to dispatch the damn thing. Regardless it got here and after a failed attempt; it just looked f.ucking awful; the mount didn't fit well and a clump of wires leading onto the dash was pleading for a canary. On the bright side, they all worked a treat!

35auipx.jpg

Another week would go by before I got some spare time and paid a visit to Autobahn. After getting my ***** reamed for a new DIN mount, I got to work on re-routing the wires from the dash to the centre console and molesting the fascia with the dremel. With numerous test fits yielding good results, I moved the head-unit to the lower half and put everything together and the results speak for themselves! It's like a disco went off inside the car now banana_2.gif SAFC displays graphs and stuff, AEM has all these readings and then there's the Ecliptech shift light on the steering column. Regardless, I'm now contempt with the interior - more-so once the steering wheel goes in.

29oixyf.jpg

QFM Resma brake pads have been purchased with intentions of hitting up Winton for a 'shake-down' test this weekend but work has called me in to cover an emergency shift so that's a slight set back. On the bright side, the Chaser is very close to being fully paid off so I might get abit serious and aim for a '37/38 time with a few additional parts. All this in the space of 10 months ownership sad.png **** cars!

• 2 weeks later...