My Chaser. Sold.

dorifto

I'm actually not too far off (0.2 seconds away) and considering the car did it on road tyres, stock sway bars and full interior - It's not a bad thing! By the time it gets serious, I'm aiming to be in the vicinity of 5 seconds quicker than the Corolla

Went to get some photos with a friend and here's how they turned out. Big thanks to Peter/Duy for taking and processing the shots :)

Recently swapped grilles to a TRD open face style one. Oddly, there seems to be two versions with the original TRD grille protruding more where the edges are. This one sits more in-line or flush with the bonnet.

rb094j.jpg

The car came fitted with aftermarket (white) Mitsuba horns, you can just about make it out. Yeh it's not everyones taste :P

w9bghk.jpg

4ihanc.jpg

More eBay boot lip goodness lol

scc288.jpg

vifnzd.jpg

Front pipe was installed today and so far, so (very) good! Noticeable from 2500 and come 3000rpm, it's loving the juice!

Lookin very clean and schmick ! Have you thought about angel eyes front......and back?

Thanks :) To be honest, it hasn't crossed my mind as the original headlights are HID as standard, not too keen on ripping them apart and getting angel eyes around them. I get enough people asking me if it's some sort of 5-Series BMW as it is lol

Where was my invite for this photoshoot! Would look good with the 92 in there ;)

Honestly, I'd doubt you'd drive all the way down here for some photos, or.. would you...? haha

• 2 weeks later...

Update time!

As some of you may or may not know, I work for Honda Spare Parts and my role is to help the Service guys out with the internal stuff as well as anything/everything a customer throws at me. Anyway, since working there I've gotten to know alot of the technicians fairly well, so I asked if one of the guys could lend me a hand (and a hoist) after hours to fit it. Needless to say, the job was done before I could roll up my sleeves!

zn8pj6.jpg

Check out that nasty welding! The original front pipe comes with a cat fitted but it looks like someone has hastily chopped it off and welded up a pipe to it. Don't worry, my car still has an additional cat as well as a resonator.. New pipe has vastly opened up the mid-range, picking up from 2500rpm and full steam ahead at 3k. On idle, you couldn't hear much of a difference, on boost then you'll know alright!

Anyway, so one day I come home from work and my brothers' busy hacking away at a spare JZX110 air box he got. (Yeh his got a Mark II Chaser). He stops me and tells me I can have the new air filter if it fits the JZX100 box so naturally I go and trial fit it..

30sulux.jpg

So I now have a new filter! When I purchased the car, the previous told me it had an HKS panel filter but instead I was gifted with a filthy, bug laden stock element. Yay!

Ok and for a big update!

I've always wanted to try out a Deca day, it's pretty much a motor-khana event with a big skid pan with cones in which competitors go around to see what times they get. I went for the skids. Needless to say, trolling various forums saw Skylines Aus (SAU) hosting a day so I got on that quick-smart!

Believe it or not; I've never used the handbrake for anything other than it's intended use so today was a first! You'll notice about half way through I mis-shift from 1st to 4th, 2nd to rectify but by that time I'm coasting to the cone so I thought, 'when in doubt, burn out' so hand braked it outta there haha.

Was a very hot day (high 30's) but got through it ok. I still have a few vids of it on the back track but will have to get round to it in the coming days. Car has been registered for the 1/4 mile Off-Street drags March 17th and the day after I'll be doing EXE Deca day on the 18th. Busy times ahead!

422614_341662205872102_100000849761867_888583_1536545013_n.jpg

So I've always been after some plates as my current ones are bent and mangled. Thought I'd get onto Vic-roads and see what was available, after a few goes; 1JZGTE had since been sold which was no suprise and the next available option was 1JVVTI - the JZX100 Chasers' come with the VVTi 1JZ-GTE engines which does away with the twin turbo set up from the Soarer and instead gets 1 bigger (still small) turbo and Variable Valve Timing resulting in 50% more torque in half the revs (2400rpm). I wasn't ready to fork out $655 for the plates though so just left it as it is.

Anyway! So one night while browsing various forums, I stumbled across the above plates for sale and needless to say, I jumped at them. There wasn't much interest so I scored it at a price I'm quite happy with. They're still new and have not been registered to a car since manufactured - woohoo!

Plates should be on the car by mid week

• 2 weeks later...

Random photo lol

426096_344704028901253_100000849761867_895850_1071840869_n.jpg

The white JZX100 is my friends', came over to drop off my jack which my brother needed so he could work on his JZX110 Mark II Chaser. No guess which is mine! My other brother has a Tommi Mak evo so it's a garage full of grey imports lolll

Dyno day tomorrow, let's see if a front pipe and new air filter has made any real difference!

With the staggering amount of interest, I think it's update time :P

Went to a dyno day to see what difference the front pipe had done, if any. Also replaced the panel filter with a new one. Results:

418533_349791485059174_100000849761867_909736_295040512_n.jpg

Up 39wkw from last time. However, I have a feeling that the previous place I dyno'd at was low reading as everyones' car was also reading low. Car runs a whole heap smoother now after servicing it twice; no more miss fire in the top end!

No. Plates are now on and registered to the car, will be doing another skid pan/Deca day next weekend and will hopefully have a few gadgets installed in the coming fortnight. Will see how I go.

Thanks Duy/Justin :)

Here's a pic I found taken from the dyno day

422149_317334661662270_147043518691386_889627_1125306478_n.jpg

Looking forward to Deca day next weekend that's for sure! Actually quite happy with the car now having gotten the brakes/major service completed as well as getting coilovers in. Can't really fault the car besides it's immense thirst (I emptied a $90 tank in 5 days - but hey, that's boost for you!) Will be looking at getting the SAFC in and tuned on higher boost, hoping on 210-220rwkw once sorted but that'll come in due course