My Chaser. Sold.

dorifto

Thanks guys, yeh abit of a hair-raiser with the barrier not too far off - guess I was lucky to come out unscathed. My brother and his Chaser guys who were watching thought it was definitely going to be totalled haha

And another, similar photo taken on the day

121.jpg

A few points worth mentioning in regards to the day. My friend in an S2000 went 1.37 in his S2000 and another clocked a 1.36 in his S14 - both really good drivers. The fastest car of the day managed a 1.35 (has done 33's previously). What I've found is that, I can take a similar line to the Corolla but can't drive it with the same style with the completely different layout and weight of the car. Not to mention the Corolla had some serious suspension work in it. One good thing out it is that the Chaser is stable in the straight line; hence you see me driving one hand down the back/main straights haha

hence you see me driving one hand down the back/main straights haha

And you told me off for driving with one hand! :lol:

The guy that took the last shot, his shots from the day are so awesome!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So not alot has happened really. I bought a set of wheels out of impulse and due to not doing my homework prior; the wheels turned out to be replicas. Regardless, they're 18 x 9 +22 with crappy linglongs on lol. BBS LM's :P

wl9oc3.jpg

Rears scrubbed on the way home from Simo Garage (Garage where all the Chaser guys catch-up and work on cars ect). Will be deciding whether to keep them or not in the coming days/week - have to see what happens

Rather than a mod, some prick decided it'd be a grouse idea to vandalise the car overnight. Went to work the next morning and noticed I was missing both my gaurd indicators, remaining Work tyre valves gone, no passenger washer jet and a nice gouge in the bonnet from trying to pry it out. I forgot to mention that the drivers side washer jet was also munted because numb-skull couldn't get it out. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed however all of it has been rectified now.

Recently, I've changed the fuel filter and yellow-tinted the fog lights. Have a track day coming up this weekend but with no new mods; the challenge will be to PB by just learning to drive the car further.

P.S: A friend noted that by blocking the BOV, the 1JZ would be more repsonsive (a common mod on 1JZ's) as the stock item is prone to leaking boost. So, by undoing one plug - I now have awesome flutter. SuuuuutTuTututu! haha

That sucks! shame you got shafted with the wheels, hope they werent too exxy, but they do look good ^_^

I feel your pain, in my mums subaru i came back out of the shops and it was parked in the middle of no where, but some prick walked all the way over to it and decided the rear passenger door needed a makeover with their foot.... not a good feeling :(

You going to the tampered one this weekend? Will you give the short track a go in the arvo? Best of luck dude!

Also this...

378880_307194319301722_100000334683409_1091878_1206244144_n.jpg

Edited by Toyota_kid

Finally got them gaurds rolled, albeit only the rears as it got dark before I could get to the fronts. 'Least it scrubs a whole lot less now :D

2n8a3qo.jpg

Yep, I yellow-tinted the fog lights with an adhesive. I like it, it breaks it up somewhat :D

2eldn35.jpg

Rears were scrub-central but are good now. Whether or not I should keep the wheels or not is my next dilemma..

Forgot to mention that I've also fitted a Broadway 360mm Convex rear-view mirror (awesssssoome!) and also scored an original Chaser drivers' side mirror glass. It's blue tinted from factory (to dim HID lenses) and is angled at the side so you can see your blind-sight. Needless to say, I've now got a whole lot more vision of the car which is good as it's one, very big car haha

Rims look real nice, i say keep them on for a bit :)

I was thinking about one of those broadway mirrors, im gonna assume that you like them? :P 360mm concaved... damn, you dont find that too big?

Whether or not I should keep the wheels or not is my next dilemma..

SHOTGUN~~! :D !

Wheels look good.

Paint the centres silver or gunmetal and keep them for a bit then Jeff can have them ;)

Gold is a bit, ummm, you know....

Thanks guys :)

Well as you may/may not have known, I went circuit racing today at Winton Raceway, again. Since joining the Chaser fraternity, I decided to see who was keen to battle it out for the title for the fastest Toyota Chaser/Mark II and boy did a battle ensue! All up there were 7 JZX100's: 4 Chasers and 3 Mark II's. Also in our group were 3 Lancer Evolutions, 1 Accord, 1 Renault and a Liberty B4 - essentially a battle of the Sedans' if you like!

Below gives you an indication of how the JZX100's stacked up:

1. Chaser - 1:42.1600 (200wkw/lots of experience/drift-car (also a Chaser) has done 1.39)

2. Chaser - 1:42.1700 (285wkw/ LOTs of mods/ shagged R888's)

3. Mark II - 1:44.0320 (BPU+/ Federal 595 RSR's/ v.good driver)

4. Chaser - 1:44.9440 (BPU+/ Federal 595 RSR's/ first timer!)

5. Chaser(me) - 1:46.3550 (BPU/ Falken RT615's/ 2nd w/ Chaser)

6. Mark II - 1:47.6130 (BPU+/ Federal 595 RSR's/ lotssss of mods, average driver)

7. Mark II - 1:47.9500 (Same as above but w/ Advan AD08's)

And onto the picsss!

Meeting up with the boys for the convoy to Winton

IMG_9254.jpg

IMG_9269.jpg

Anyone remember my friends Evolution 8 MR? Well since racing with us and managing a 1.47 (last November), he topped the boards with a 1.38.3640 - ahead of an Ariel Atom. Money, does not buy talent!

IMG_9378.jpg

Part of the line up

IMG_9402.jpg

For reference; the car in front is a Mark II and the Chaser is behind it. Both are JZX100's

IMG_9327.jpg

Battttttle!

IMG_9391.jpg

Balls-all-out corner entry haha check out that body rollll yo!

IMG_9244.jpg

IMG_9264.jpg

Various pics

All photos can be viewed in the link below:

http://s419.photobucket.com/albums/pp274/boso28/winton181211/?action=view&current=IMG_9264.jpg

And finally, heres' a break-down of my Sessions

Session One

1:59.8660

1:50.2710

1:48.8580

1:48.4100

1:49.1830

2:33.9510

No PB. Cool weather - Sad monkey

Session Two

1:58.8150

1:50.2810

1:49.0640

1:47.8700 PB

2:35.8560

Despite spitting rain at the start, weather cleared and managed a few good laps.. with a passenger! Beat previous PB by about 0.4 of a second

Session Three

2:19.0020

2:02.8620

1:51.3890

1:57.5050

1:47.9210

1:47.3340

1:46.3550 PB

Re-adjusted tyre pressures. Grew some balls and gave it all I had, yielded good dividends!

With the only exception of changing oil/oil filter, the car has remained unchanged since the previous track day. I'm still using the brake fluid from the last day haha! The idea was to go out and 'improve' upon the time by learning my capabilities further in a RWD format; had it be technique or driving lines, I tried it all and went from 1.48.1460 to 1.46.3350; a difference of 1.811 seconds. Admittedly, unplugging the BOV and Traction Control plug did make the car slightly more responsive but the tyres are now no good. At least I got my moneys worth!

Anyway, I'm stuffed and need sleeps. Will post up new pics when/if I get them. Thanks for looking

Good stuff!! Any vids of the day? car is turning out to be surprisingly quick, with a few more mods who knows how quick this thing will be! :D

Also, just wondering how do you get the breakdowns of timing in each session?

good stuff, sometimes next year, I will come back again.. let's have fun together !!

i:44 for first timer, WTF

Do you think you can push harder on current set up?

Edited by ben yip