My Chaser. Sold.

dorifto

Wow good stuff matelooks much better than before

Thanks!

wouldnt it discolour in about 3-4 months time ?

or does it last long before it starts to haze again \?

Yeh it will go hazey next time so when it does, I'll be refurbishing and clear coating it.

Best to use "Headlight Restoraion Kit" made by Invision and come with a bottle of sealer.

If you just polished the headlights, they will become yellow again in a few months.

Yeh it will go hazey next time so when it does, I'll be refurbishing and clear coating it.

Loving this car.....great purchase.......

Dump it on its *****.

My friend has a Series 1 Chaser and has dumped it, his is more of a cruiser..

dsc1202n.jpg

You should check out the current Performance Import. It features some crazy powerful Chaser. 400+ wHp.

Thanks for the heads up, I might do that!

Small update

Ok so I bought another item..

2vjww3s.jpg

New Toyota Supra 4 calipers front with OEM pads and offset caliper bolts to suit the JZX100 hubs. These won't go in for a long time as I need to get rotors, (better) pads, fluid ect first.. Got them at a relatively price so couldn't pass up the opportunity really

Thanks for looking

• 2 weeks later...

Small update

o7tu8k.jpg

Earlier in the week I had an alarm/immobilizer fitted. I won't say which exact model for obvious reasons but it definitely wasn't cheap and even though it may not deter would-be theives it's bound to make life somewhat harder. It's got some sweet functions too!

2l94ps3.jpg

Also with the help of some friends, in went the Tein coil-overs. Car sits a tad too low at the rear (doesn't show) so I'll raising her up in the coming days. The handling has improved greatly but I still want to get some sway bars before the track day so I'll work on that. Man, double wish bone suspension makes fitting/removing parts so hard in comparison to the Corolla!

Off-topic, I scored a full time position working at Honda in the Parts Department so that will make life quite interesting. Quite ironic that I use to race against Honda's and they were/are the biggest match-up against my Corolla and now I'm employed by the biggest dealers in Melbourne haha. Anyway, got another update to come but I'll have to work on it.

Thanks for looking

Edited by dorifto

Duy, you loveit ;)

24b0oxc.jpg

As some of you guys know, the rears were sitting a tad too low for my liking so out came the C spanners. Raised her about 15mm at the back but still slightly low so I'll raise her another 10mm or so during the week. Not keen on dropping the fronts as I scrape enough and don't want to attract unwanted attention.

Onto other news, I've picked up a pair of Work CR Kai's in bronze just like the wheels on my car. Only they measure 18x9.5 and will be fitted on the rears, my current rears (8.5 wide) will be relegated to the front once I get tyres, which should be soon I hope :)

Pics up soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Another update

2e6bwhv.jpg

Picked up some Falken RT615's with some tread left for a good price so brought them and the pair of 18x9.5 Work CR Kai's to my Bridgestone Tyre centre. As they worked on the wheels/tyres I went to raise her up abit but the bloody drivers' side is still damn hard. Whatever!

ea4k6b.jpg

Wheel alignment. How awesome, the Chaser comes' with adjustable camber bolts as standard; Hellllooo -3 degrees!

qpq9ea.jpg

And at home. The rears are flush and the fronts still sit in slightly but a whole heap better than the previous 7.5 fitted at the front. Finally have concave all 'round!

28vx1l1.jpg

Finally have concave all 'round! And boy them Falkens aren't bad either I must say :D

Onto other news, my brother who previously had a JZX100 Chaser has sold his Liberty. His picking up a JZX110 Mark II interstate today so that will make an interesting garage haha

Thanks Mick!

Duy, initially I didn't: I was 14th on the waiting list at last count. However, my friend who is good mates with the organiser had 5 spots set aside for him, I requested a spot but he could only manage 5 so missed out on that too. After about a week or so my friend said one of the spots became available so he emailed Kam (organiser) if it was alright for me to take the spot: so all turned out well and I'm in!

As to how I knew I was 14th on the waiting grid; another friend has 'insider' news so he got the list but I'm sure it's subject to change