My Chaser. Sold.

dorifto

Given that;

A] The weather wasn't exactly great

B] there were only 3 Sessions on the Long Track

C] my PB was done on my last flying lap

I think there is potential to go faster and either match/beat the Corolla's 1.46.1460. Either way, no stress; very happy with the time regardless!

Edited by dorifto

• 2 weeks later...

Not much of update

70ho45.jpg

Bought an oil cooler (Just Jap) for cheap. Still needs hoses and a sandwhich plate - that'll come eventually. Also have an alloy radiator ready to go in, want to get the cars' cooling capabilities up to scratch before the next track day. Hoping to go 1.44 or better so that means more speed, = more heat

Decided I've had enough of bronze and did the sacrilegious thing of sanding and filing them down so I can paint it another colour. Silver-on-Bronze wasn't cutting it for me so a change was due.

24ytssm.jpg

Bottom is untouched and top one is after I attacked it with wet/dry sand paper and a file to get rid of existing scratch/chip marks.

1250wfo.jpg

Fast forward after being primered, painted and let to cure overnight. Also managed to clay-bar 3/4 of the car in 41 degree heat before I ran out of detailer haha

Have a custom boot lip spoiler on order, hopefully see that in a few weeks time.

Bought an oil cooler (Just Jap) for cheap. Still needs hoses and a sandwhich plate - that'll come eventually. Also have an alloy radiator ready to go in, want to get the cars' cooling capabilities up to scratch before the next track day. Hoping to go 1.44 or better so that means more speed, = more heat

More fasts = more air through the radiator anyway :P

Make sure to keep an eye on the oil temps while driving on the street, I find mine over cools and I have to block it off with a plastic cover that I remove for the track. But mine is 19 row and only on a 1.8 NA.

She looks great!

Holy ****, Corzza still drops by!

Thanks guys! Have another part coming, hopefully it arrives some time this week - will get pics up then.

A little bit off topic; Caught up with an old family friend who recently acquired a TRD Aurion. He told me to take it for a test drive and shi.t that thing hammers! The real difference is that it's Much smoother in terms of power delivery. Didn't dig the interiors plastics but a nice torque-laden cruiser nonetheless!

Woohoo! My boot lip spoiler arrived today :D Purchased it from eBay but had it custom cut and also colour matched to Toyota 1CO Metallic Silver. Only a few small issues;

1. It's a tiny bit short on either sides

2. It's got another layer of clear so it looks unmatched at certain angles

3. The end part doesn't conform to the shape of the bootlid

Overall, very happy with it for the money paid!

2ytzms1.jpg

jf92zq.jpg

Always felt that the boot/rear felt abit 'empty' so this ties in all better I think.

I've been thinking about getting one of those lips but been skeptical of the quality and plus sticking it to the boot. 3M tape???

I've been thinking about getting one of those lips but been skeptical of the quality and plus sticking it to the boot. 3M tape???

mine is, you should get it ! :D ! i got mine for 20 bucks :lol:

It's made from what I think, a flexible plastic that's fairly pliable. Paint is top notch for the money paid as well, woo!

hahas ~ didnt wanna colour code mine looks awesome though ;) !

• 3 weeks later...

Not much happening with the car lately but progress nontheless!

Managed to pick up an Apex'i SAFC II Black Edition for a good price. Was in good condition and came with the loom and manuals. Will be good to get the car running better with BPU (Basic Performance Upgrade) items.

14bi4wn.jpg

Also scored a front pipe of eBay. It deletes the compliance cat but still retains the standard cat so it's still relatively quiet. As is, the HKS Hi-Power Silent has a mid-muffler as well so it'll be good to see how it goes/sounds once fitted

2a2jpx.jpg

Good bye cat! Hello flames :P

Car has changed slightly aesthetically so I'll get some pics up once I receive them. Forgot to mention that the car will be going down the 1/4 mile this weekend to see what it can run and is also booked in for a Deca /Skid-Pan day at the end of the month; need to learn the limits of the car and my capabilities, something that really needed done as I went from an under-steer prone fwd with 60 something wheel killer wasps (lol). Funny thing is, the Corolla is still quicker than the Chaser around Winton haha