My Chaser. Sold.

dorifto

you are on the edge already, i cannot find any mistake on 10-12 minute on the video...It was brilliant driving.... to get another few tenth is not easy, given that you push that hard already.. unless you do something else to the car or tyre. I guess

Edited by ben yip

Im thinking she needs moar boost to crack that sub-40 barrier lol

Good job dude, it was entertaining just watching you lug that giant thing around the corners! :D

you are on the edge already, i cannot find any mistake on 10-12 minute on the video...It was brilliant driving.... to get another few tenth is not easy, given that you push that hard already.. unless you do something else to the car or tyre. I guess

There are two main corners I need to work on. The first one is the one leading onto the back straight; I hit the apex abit too early and don't use the end of the corner enough. The second is the corner exiting the last clevage in the back section, similar deal. I did adjust one main line: through the sweeper I'm now doing that corner as a double apex - far cleaner line for me. I used to run wide and go in fast but would mess the exit. Now, it's around a 140-145k entry with no brakes and hitting apex 1, run wide, hit apex 2 and fire out. Works well!

1.40!!! O_O

lol Duy, here's what the other Chaser guys' managed on the day:

Adam 1:42.0

Simon 1:45.0

Winston 1:46.5

Benrys 1:49.6 (JZX110)

Im thinking she needs moar boost to crack that sub-40 barrier lol

Good job dude, it was entertaining just watching you lug that giant thing around the corners! :D

Thanks Justin, you wouldn't be wrong with the power equation. I think if she had about 20-30rwkw more, all in the mid range - I'd see a 38. All, if not most of the cars doing mid to high 30's are well under 1400kg or have some decent power to them. At 200rwkw and 1550kg + driver, she's alot of mass to move!

As for the entertaining part; here's the outside footage of me catching Adam haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAcBZ1GXJto&feature=player_embedded

Briliant work mate, if you didn't point out point out the 2 corners that need work i would never had picked it.

Thats some pro type driving, :clap:

You still need some Defyant style loving to those sexy lights , Really make it stand out as you hunt them down :spiteful:

• 2 weeks later...

With another track day coming up on Tuesday, it was time to get the car sorted; a trusty member from these forums was able to loan me some wheels that had been in storage for quite some time and this is the result;

30rwtg0.jpg

That's with my 245 sized semi's fitted so there's a fair amount of scrubbing which I was expecting. The upside is, they are rediculously light! The CE28N's measure 18x9.5 (+22) all 'round and even with the 245/40 sized tyre, it's still a few kilo's lighter than my front 18x8.5 Work CR's with 235/40 tyres. Imagine the rears! I had them filled with Nitrogen as well while at the tyre shop only because it was available :P

Guards will get rolled and pulled tomorrow along with the usual service (oil/filter/plugs) before the track day. I was contemplating about going with a new/smaller battery through work but we'll see. There's still two corners I need to sort out at Winton which should see a '39 if I don't screw up but right now it's the weather that dictates anything. Forecast is for high 20's, numerous showers, mostly cloudy and epic skids. Should be good either way!

points at face and laughs* hahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

• 1 month later...

Decided to put the car up for sale now that I have a company car to get me 'round. I also have either of my brother's JZX110 Mark II or Evolution 6 TME to drive so no point me keeping it

It's a '99 model with a 5spd speed Factory manual gearbox and torsen rear diff. Overall, car is in very good condition, it does have a few stone chips on the bonnet and had a rear end recently repaired. Mechanically A1. I'll add the Carsales link but heres' a quick run down:

100k service completed with Genuine Toyota parts

P/S, A/C, electric everything

Engine

Aftermarket FMIC/front pipe/air filter

HKS Hi-Power Silent cat-back exhaust

NST alloy radiator

200rwkw tuned by Status Tuning.

Suspension/brakes

Tein Super Street c/overs

Cusco sway bars F/R

KTS triangle brace

TRD castor rod bushes

TRD front strut brace

OEM diff bushes

Supra 4 piston calipers front w/ Remsa pads and RDA slotted rotors. HPX pads rear

18' Work CR Kai wheels w/ Federal 595SS tyres.

Interior/Exterior

Nardi 330mm Classic s/wheel

TOM'S 5spd g/knob

Apex'i SAFC2 Black Edition

replica BRIDE Vios 3 seat

AEM oil/water temp gauges. AEM boost controller/gauge

Fire extinguisher

Alpine headunit w/ iPhone4 compatibility

OEM Series 2 kit

Toyota sports grille

Toyota clear side lamps

clear guard indicators

yellow tinted fog lights

M3 style boot lip

Ganador mirrors

Darkest legal tints by A1 Tints

Misc

Gearbox/diff/brake fluid and fuel filter all changed. Wipers replaced with Toyota 'aero' items (same as Lexus). No. plates not included but can be negotiated upon but does come with registration until Dec 2013. Car has ma

11j9ag1.jpg

5xssao.jpg

1sgmzb.jpg

30db9lz.jpg

Carsales link: 1999 TOYOTA CHASER TOURER V JZX100 Sedan Private Cars For Sale in VIC - carsales.com.au

Asking $19,500 for a well rounded package with some money spent, I'm not in a hurry to sell so no need for low balling. Definitely no test pilots or tyre-kickers. Would like to see it go to someone from the boards :)

If this doesn't sell in the next 10 months I'll buy it :D Gotta behave until fulls -.-

Good luck with the sale, one of the cleanest Chasers going around these days :)

haha thanks guys!

I've been reluctant to sell it and only put it on the forums yesterday; of which an interstate buyer has expressed interest and may come down to view it - if he doesn't, YES more driving! Oh and a friend linked me to a photo of the car taken some time back at a car meet

465590_10150623661221091_1376401728_o.jpg

Awesome photo!