toyota dealer at gleb is bad

Shadow_

i bought my aurion new in 2010 i notice the cup holder at the gear box doesnt look like new to me IT have new burn marks on the cup holders so i told them they reply me its new nothing wrong with it. few days ago i have a close look at the cup holder i found out the cup holder crack it self a big long line from south to north i was worried i place cold drinks on it will leak waters into the gear box.. so i make a booking to the dealer they reply me say it cause buy human we'll not replace it.. if you like $190 we will order you a new cup holder.

Get it replaced mate!

BTW it's a FWD Auto No gear Box the transmission is front mounted east to the engine.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong..

How could it be caused by human if you claim it isn't? Dodgey dealership I'd ay. Reading you say that they had a look at the cup hlder and couln't fault whil something was clarl eveident seems unfeasible to me. They'd probably didn't even check it and let it go. And $190 does seem excessive.

Wouldn't factory warranty cover it??

They would have to replace the whole centre console that pops out. wouldn't they? that's the usual way they deal with replacements I thought.

They would have to replace the whole centre console that pops out. wouldn't they? that's the usual way they deal with replacements I thought.

factory warranty being that it wasnt caused by a human,

eg, you mustve jammed something big in there to fit, and caused to crack.

• Like 1

factory warranty being that it wasnt caused by a human,

eg, you mustve jammed something big in there to fit, and caused to crack.

OK, take out the cupholder middle bracket thing. and it fits a Ice coffee carton nice :P hehe

It's black hard to see it's cracked at sitting driving position, as I mention few day ago I hear some plastic hitting sound so I use torch have a close look then I saw the crack.

i do work 12 hours per day all 6 day got no life how could i spend sometime to have a close look at A CUP holder? crack or not..i would not be so ****** IF the dealer didnt say this caused by me..i got better things to do then crack my cup holder and wanted $190 :(

Edited by Shadow_

Any cosmetic damaged not brought up for 12 months after purchase you will have a very hard time claiming as a warranty issue unless it's something which appeared to have aged prematurely (ie clear coat flaking off). Still in many cases it's always a hard run to get them to agree to repair these things under warranty as is usually blamed on the owner. It may not sound fair, but from a business perspective it makes perfect sense. You may not have had time to check it but that also means you can't guarantee you didn't cause the damage yourself.

Further no one is going to believe you couldn't once find a 5 minute window to do a close inspection on the console in a 12 month period.

If you don't wish to pay new prices for it, then I suggest contacting a wrecker and obtaining one from them. They are out there now and the cost saving should be substantial.

However please be aware that this might take up to 10 minutes on the phone and then collecting/installing - it might take as long as an hour or 2! You should probably organise to take holidays from work given your busy schedule before attempting this.

It was most likely caused by you. You are probably just not aware of it. Now you don't want to pay the money for a replacement so you are bad mouthing a dealer who probably has done nothing wrong. With the arrogant attitude you have towards this, if I were a dealer, i would not help you either.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

i'm been too nice to toyota dealer.. i still remember last year at this month i bought this aurion.. it was raining season i took my family in to have a look at the car i wanted to buy there is a kids play ground inside the toyota building all the sudden the bloody ceilings falling off and hit my sister,, the following day the sydneyofcity toyota CEO ring me up say apologize...i let it go i didnt want to be a mean person. BUT i should have being a mean ***** and sueing them.. being nice to them this is what i get at the end. this is real im not making it up.

And what legitimate injuries were sustained from this ceiling tile or whatever hitting your sister? I'm guessing none at all because you would have taken action if there were.

People suing others just for the sake of it and and not to get compensation for something legitimate is just plain stupid. Your just digging your hole further and making it sound like you are just complaining because that's what you do.

Personally, what they have said about the cup holder is nowhere near out of line. They have all the reason to blame you for the crack even if you really caused it or not. The asking price for it may be a lot, but not something unexpected either for a genuine part. Car manufacturers are like that... not just Toyota. If you can spare the 10 minutes, you'd have more luck with a tube of 5 minute epoxy. Otherwise like Steven suggested, a wrecker.

• Like 1

1. best of luck to you sueing a large organistion like the motorgroup that owns Sydney City Toyota....

2. Some times crap just happens like the ceiling fallen in under massive rains. Modern delearships have maddive roof ruface aras with all sorts of angles that hold tonnes of water. During heavy rains the massive gutters and down pipes cant hold the amount of water that comes off our roof on our dealership. Ours is only just over half the size of Sydneys showroom...

3. If you only just noticed that it has a creak one year after pickign the car up and only just nwo hearing the ceackign noise isnt it fair to say that you have accidently broke it just recently... no dealer is going to replace that a year on. espcially if your blaming them. Can you appreciate how often people palm off broken thing on there cars as the dealers fault when half the time is peopel just tryign to take advantage. the best your dealer could do is try and make a claim but i doubt the would get the appoval as it would be seen as a human error not something that has actually gone wrogn with the car. you would need to prove it was broken from day one. and im sure the dealer is making out that you go around braking stuff on your car as you ahve noithing better to do...

i bought my aurion new in 2010 i notice the cup holder at the gear box doesnt look like new to me IT have new burn marks on the cup holders so i told them they reply me its new nothing wrong with it. few days ago i have a close look at the cup holder i found out the cup holder crack it self a big long line from south to north i was worried i place cold drinks on it will leak waters into the gear box.. so i make a booking to the dealer they reply me say it cause buy human we'll not replace it.. if you like $190 we will order you a new cup holder.

$190 for a cup holder? what a joke...mate... i did wrote a compliant to toyota i hope they reply to this.

It's black hard to see it's cracked at sitting driving position, as I mention few day ago I hear some plastic hitting sound so I use torch have a close look then I saw the crack.

i do work 12 hours per day all 6 day got no life how could i spend sometime to have a close look at A CUP holder? crack or not..i would not be so ****** IF the dealer didnt say this caused by me..i got better things to do then crack my cup holder and wanted $190 :(

i'm been too nice to toyota dealer.. i still remember last year at this month i bought this aurion.. it was raining season i took my family in to have a look at the car i wanted to buy there is a kids play ground inside the toyota building all the sudden the bloody ceilings falling off and hit my sister,, the following day the sydneyofcity toyota CEO ring me up say apologize...i let it go i didnt want to be a mean person. BUT i should have being a mean ***** and sueing them.. being nice to them this is what i get at the end. this is real im not making it up.

Dude, I think it's very obvious that you strongly believe you were hard done by. But the responses you've had so far, while pretty harsh, have truth in them. It's a bit late now to try and fire off a claim considering the amount of time that's passed.

I'm not saying that there's no chance of you winning the claim, but for your sake, I hope you've got a wheelbarrow for what you're trying to push uphill, ya know what I'm sayin'??

Hey Shadow, you aren't into bikes are you? Had a mate called Shadow into Kwaka's.

Spider.

geez talk about talking off topic <_<

shadow. its plain simple. as harsh as it may seem, you aren't going to win. people above have said enough and made it clear. however if you r still willing to push it further, good luck. for your "no life" I would waste my time for 190 bucks. in effect typing a reply on this thread equals the time you take fixing it yourself. so really instead of complaining, u would have fixed it urself already or halfway into finding a second hand one from the wreckers.

Hello David

Thankyou for the information.

Because your car is still within the Toyota Warranty Period, you will need to contact the Toyota dealer, directly via telephone on 1800 869 682 to make a booking they'll order the parts in and replace for free.

Quote this numbers:T653143

They will be able to assist you.

Regards

Brian Hurley

Admin Manager

Toyota Insurances

That's good to hear Shadow!!

I think you guys have been way to hard on this guy!! even if he did break it so what! that just means it's is poor build quality and should be replaced ASAP!! I have stored all kind of stuff ranging from 1 to 5 KG in the cup holder on the way home from Bunnings and it's never split, cracked or shown any signs of wear.

I know all of you disagree and once someone popular disagrees it's like a chain reaction. The bottom line is if it's under warranty it should be replaced with little questions asked.

If it was stone chips from a long trip then I would agree with you all, but the interior in the Aurion is crap! and I can imagine that some are worse! I had my dash and air vents replaced due to squeaks and general poor quality! without any back talk what so ever. So why cant Toyota pay the same respect to everyone.

Edited by Marty0001

That's good to hear Shadow!!

I think you guys have been way to hard on this guy!! even if he did break it so what! that just means it's is poor build quality and should be replaced ASAP!! I have stored all kind of stuff ranging from 1 to 5 KG in the cup holder on the way home from Bunnings and it's never split, cracked or shown any signs of wear.

I know all of you disagree and once someone popular disagrees it's like a chain reaction. The bottom line is if it's under warranty it should be replaced with little questions asked.

If it was stone chips from a long trip then I would agree with you all, but the interior in the Aurion is crap! and I can imagine that some are worse! I had my dash and air vents replaced due to squeaks and general poor quality! without any back talk what so ever. So why cant Toyota pay the same respect to everyone.

True to certain point. Aurion's interior is cheap In terms of rattles and quality. But that doesnt mean if it's the owner's fault, toyota should be held responsible.

Not saying i don't believe shadow. But taking from experience and from the fair side of toyota, it's unlikely to be replaced after almost a year. Poor quality and broken ones are 2 different scenarios on who is held responsible. What aurion lacks in interior, it contributes more in other department.

Just like any service companies, there are always procedures to be followed.

Good on ya mate for getting it replaced. Now u need to edit the title of the thread.. :lol:

Like VF-X has said, that can be true to a point, but it's much like buying anything which is mass produced. If you break it due to ewear and tear, you can't simply expect a free replacement due to your own cause.

Sometimes people expect too much from others. Good on the OP for getting it fixed under warranty but if he didn't in the end, I wouldn't have been surprised. I personally think this falls into the category of Toyota doing it to get the customer off their back.