Australian price announced

450HP/tonne

Well when you're ready mate, being in Victoria, PM me. I'll look after you. :)

Thnx heaps, you'll be hearing from me soon :)

Have to sell the ZZE first :P

I heard somewhere that the GTS is sold out?

Apparently, only the base model is available.. so who's rocking the steelies look..? lol

By the way, have they announced a release date? You see them everywhere else around the world except here.. freaking retarded.. >_<

http://www.ozft86.co...ft-86-sold-out/

I'm not sure where all the sold out talks come from. As I've mentioned we've got a Red GTS auto coming in first up which is unsold. Though we have sold two GT's prior to launch.

Also, the GT will still have 16" alloys, not steelies.

jason: if thats the case then i'd be happy to it if i wanted.

scud: something that i would expect from a person who works in a dealership. like i said, i'm not saying that it will follow the same pathway as the stivo did. just something to keep in mind when buying a car (its not only directed at the 86). also sir, correct me if i'm wrong but it seems that you think i'm a moderator of a toyota forum so that i cannot voice opinions against toyotas? that makes u perplexed?

Your comment was overly defeatist, simply stating that it must be **** because it's cheap. I would expect someone who is a Toyota enthusiast would be nothing but excited about something like the 86.

We have arriving for our dealerships on Thursday a GT manual in Sonic Blue and a GTS manual in Thunder silver, with a 3rd one a Fuji Red GT manual arriving later in the month which im going to assume is our dealer principals car. KEEENNNN

Lucky you guys have manuals coming! Not sure how we got stuck with an auto but if the auto GTS ends up being our demonstrator I'm going to be disappointed!!

Any idea on waiting time if someone was to order one??

Also, would you know if it comes with a mechanical diff as well?? I've read somewhere that it comes with a Torsen Differential instead, and that a mechanical diff and the LSD might have to be an optional extra?

LSD is standard on everything but the automatic GT.

As for waiting periods, it all depends on what stock is available. Depending on your spec, trans and colour choice there may be a car around, but there also may not. As for waiting times, if you submit an order it should usually take 3-4 months for turnaround from the date you order. However, if there is a massive amount of orders going into the system your order could potentially blow out longer.

Yeah there was some talk that it looked like our first one was going to be the auto but we have ended up with a bunch of manuals so thats a bit of a score!

Your comment was overly defeatist, simply stating that it must be **** because it's cheap. I would expect someone who is a Toyota enthusiast would be nothing but excited about something like the 86.

We aren't all like the bunch of Apple fanboys out there :lol: Just because we are "Toyota enthusiasts" doesn't exactly mean we have to like everything about Toyota.

I like it. I will be getting it... not any time soon though :(

Looking forward to making it go around corners like its on rails... drifting is lameee :P

Edited by 4ABHGE

disappointed about the power... i like the idea of FR, but for a car with as much options as my 15year old AE111 and barely 15KW extra, it's hard to justify...

for it's weight and being NA it really needs to be closer to around 180KW to make it move and compete with S2000s, silvias and 350/370Z..

what concerns me is the aftermarket potential, with F20C, SR20s, RBs, Kseries, Bseries there is alot of aftermarket support and alot of tuning potential, I would like to see what the tuning houses can do with the car before i jump into one.

Edited by fillit

I would like to see what the tuning houses can do with the car before i jump into one.

If you look around, they've already moved on to engine swaps....

disappointed about the power... i like the idea of FR, but for a car with as much options as my 15year old AE111 and barely 15KW extra, it's hard to justify...

for it's weight and being NA it really needs to be closer to around 180KW to make it move and compete with S2000s, silvias and 350/370Z..

what concerns me is the aftermarket potential, with F20C, SR20s, RBs, Kseries, Bseries there is alot of aftermarket support and alot of tuning potential, I would like to see what the tuning houses can do with the car before i jump into one.

On the dyno you'll find the FA20 will put down closer to 25-30kw more at the wheels compared to the 20V. It's got more power and torque throughout the whole range than a 2zzge.

Here's a dyno graph of the FA20 v's 190hp 2zzge in the elise:

FR-S%20vs%20Elise.jpg

That's an american dyno but you can see it's ~123kw which is quite a bit more than the typical 80-90kw a stock 20V will put down. They're already getting 5kw atw gains from cat-back exhausts alone, I'd expect 10-15kw more and deletion of the torque dip with full exhaust and a reflash with ECUtek or Romraider.

Edited by CHA54

All this talk of power now lets get serious boys and girls .... when is someone going to turbo one ? ....... unless of course i look into...... NO NO NO i think ill be chucked outta the house if i land another custom turbo setup in the garage .... sorry fellas someone else is gonna have to pull their socks up LOL

Turboing it will be a bit of a bitch given its high compression ratio (12.5:1)... Once lower comp pistons are available for it then perhaps its an option.

However, subaru are doing a tubo version of the FA20 in the legacy (I think!) that is 10:1... so maybe its pistons (or engine) are an option...

Not cheap though!

On the dyno you'll find the FA20 will put down closer to 25-30kw more at the wheels compared to the 20V. It's got more power and torque throughout the whole range than a 2zzge.

Here's a dyno graph of the FA20 v's 190hp 2zzge in the elise:

FR-S%20vs%20Elise.jpg

That's an american dyno but you can see it's ~123kw which is quite a bit more than the typical 80-90kw a stock 20V will put down. They're already getting 5kw atw gains from cat-back exhausts alone, I'd expect 10-15kw more and deletion of the torque dip with full exhaust and a reflash with ECUtek or Romraider.

Don't forget the FT86 is about 200KGs heavier than an AE111, 0 - 100 on the FT86 is 6.9 seconds, IMO my AE111 would achieve/beat that...

Even disregarding an AE111, a S2000 has much more power, with the same weight.....

All this talk of power now lets get serious boys and girls .... when is someone going to turbo one ? ....... unless of course i look into...... NO NO NO i think ill be chucked outta the house if i land another custom turbo setup in the garage .... sorry fellas someone else is gonna have to pull their socks up LOL

Placing my order for a silver GTS tomorrow Bill, you know I like high compression turbo setups ;-)

I'll be purchasing a spare long motor just in case though :P Luckily there is a supply of the ~100km old test motors available and not much demand for them.

This may also be of interest to some of the track oreintated guys, stolen from another forum:

The lap by the non-tuned 86 w/ standard tyres:

1iUbu.png

What about changing to 17inch w/ better rubber?:

kF6jz.png

Lap time with the 17inch wearing Advan Neova 215/45/R17:

yRuiG.png

What about changing to 18inch with better rubber?:

1PJVZ.jpg

Lap time with 18inch wearing Advan Neova 235/40/R18:

DIojU.jpg

Edited by CHA54

Turboing it will be a bit of a bitch given its high compression ratio (12.5:1)..

Doesn't direct injection get around a lot of the problems of high compression turbo motors?

Canberra's 4 or so 86's are all on hold (sold pending test drives) so the dealer won't let me drive one!!

Was advised a new batch is coming in at the end of the month....

added: I told him I wanted to drive the manual but he insisted the Automatic gearbox was great and a lot better.. Interesting!

Edited by Brad - SX6

bill thats the biggest bs i have heard in my life. i bet ur already got a turbo for it and the 86 is already sitting in ur garage. selling garlic sauce really is lucrative... maybe i should start selling some :)

Canberra's 4 or so 86's are all on hold (sold pending test drives) so the dealer won't let me drive one!!

added: I told him I wanted to drive the manual but he insisted the Automatic gearbox was great and a lot better.. Interesting!

That coming from the salesguy doesn't suprise me at all, given they've got a surplus of auto's in the first allocation.

That coming from the salesguy doesn't suprise me at all, given they've got a surplus of auto's in the first allocation.

Yeah that doesn't surprise me... Even if the gearbox was great in the Auto I'd never inch from my plans of a manual.

Saw one in the background of one of the morning news shows... Blue, it looked great!

Added: Also Canberra thinks they'll have a BRZ in for a test drive at the end of July.

Edited by Brad - SX6

• 6 months later...

I remember back in the seventies when I was with my father at a Toyota dealer and I first laid eyes on the original Celica. It was love at first sight. My dad was the one buying a car but within a week the Celica was in my garage. The 86 has the same sort of appeal but I can't help thinking I'd be buying a Subaru. If they could drop a 3.5 litre V6 into it similar to what Nissan did with the 350Z I'd put my order in tomorrow.

Another thing that bugs me about the 86 is that light and bonnet look. It looks like someone left something on the bonnet and it melted and the car looks angry about it. Reminds me of new Mazdas that look like they are melting.