Jaay's AE112 Corolla

jaay

IMAG0419_zpsa4d3e8e3.jpg

Ended up getting a standard grille since the last Levin grille got sold! :(

Will yellow tint the foggies by the end of the week as well as the indicators just to see how they look.

Also had thoughts of a black roof...but not sure if that will work out..

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the foggies. Not too sure about the pipe man lol

Lol don't no what Toyota were thinking haha but its doing its job!

Foggies look good man. Ill be doing mine on Sunday

Thanks mate.

If you need any tint just let me know.

Ps I want new rims.

Saw your twin today in Brisbane however with different wheels. Looked like Advanti's in gun metal. Don't really dig the tinted foggies... Just doesn't look right in my opinion. Each to their own :)

Saw your twin today in Brisbane however with different wheels. Looked like Advanti's in gun metal. Don't really dig the tinted foggies... Just doesn't look right in my opinion. Each to their own :)

Yeah I took them off anyways haha I wasn't that keen on how they looked either. I thought it would of turned out better than I though. But it was worth a go!

Haha AE112's are getting popular these days!

• 2 weeks later...

Since I have the whole week off from work, I decided to repaint my strut brace.

When I first got it, it was this funny yellow colour. I then decided to just spray black over it for the mean time.

But I thought today would be a good day to strip back majority of the paint and prepare it for a new coat of paint!

A couple of days ago I got some paint stripper and applied it to the brace.

IMAG0448_zps90cf15b1.jpg

After the paint stripper did its magic, I scrapped all the crap off it getting it ready for sanding.

Sanded what I could today. Some of it wasn't coming off! Eh I don't care haha

IMAG0450_zps1925b83f.jpg

IMAG0451_zps2916490a.jpg

Washed it after and then applied my first coat of primer.

IMAG0452_zps7249d3da.jpg

After 3 coats of primer, I gave it a ruff sand and then I applied 3 coats of paint.

IMAG0454_zps2be24f0e.jpg

And the finished result

IMAG0455_zpsda724c67.jpg

Now I need to figure out how to wire my foggies haha

D.I.Y whore!

looks god mate :D GL with wiring ya foggies

Haha! Thanks man!

Yeah its going to be a pain, if I had a wiring diagram then yeah would of been alright haha

were those fog light films precut?

Nah man I bought a roll off ebay and cut it to the shape of the foggies.

Bought it off this guy

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vinyl-Car-Tint-Smoke-Film-Sheet-Cover-12-x-48-For-Headlight-Taillight-FogLight-/110984594024?pt=AU_Clothing_Merchandise_Media&var=&hash=item19d7328268

? out of the levin grille?

I thought the sportivo grille was equivalent to the levin grille.

It is. But at the wreckers he sold the last one he had...not Toyota if that's what your talking about lol.

The website you posted a while back, justjap auto parts. I checked their site and it seems they have 4 sportivo grilles in stock. But then again I don't know if their business sells only locally and cant do shipping to other states. So sad, its so hard to find these levin grilles. I just recently bought a plain grille from eastern states for 35 dollars inc shipping. I am intending on trying to put 'u' trim chrome on it to see what it looks like.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/U-Style-Car-Air-Vent-Grille-Chrome-Trim-Door-Edge-Strip-Hood-Trims-Silver-/320969301992?pt=AU_Clothing_Merchandise_Media&var&hash=item4abb42dfe8&_uhb=1#ht_5801wt_1344

But first I'm going to cut out the vertical lines and the toyota badge area and do some diy to make a grille that is just horizontal lines.

Yeah I don't think they update there website, that's why I gave them a ring and they said there's no more :( there also on eBay as welI, so I would assume that they will post Australia wide. But man I should of brought it ages ago haha. But yeah its very hard to find them these days.

Chrome grille thing is different haven't seen that before. Give it a go man nothing wrong about trying!

On eBay as well there's those slim weather shields, there hard to find as well. I'm thinking about getting them! Have a look if you haven't already!

• 2 weeks later...

And also this....

IMAG0479_zps4ccaa510.jpg

Big LOL. These are either SPC camber bolts or whiteline and SPC use the same bolts ahha oh well I've got them now.