Jaay's AE112 Corolla

jaay

did you pick up those foggies off ebay from Lativa?

Foggy inserts just go to the wreckers. Won't find them on ebay or the likes. Chopping your current one won't work because you're missing one mould clip. You can get away with zip ties :whistling:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you pick up those foggies off ebay from Lativa?

Foggy inserts just go to the wreckers. Won't find them on ebay or the likes. Chopping your current one won't work because you're missing one mould clip. You can get away with zip ties :whistling:

Nope, I got these from the wreckers man. Last pair as well!

The only two things are missing is one cable for the lights at the back but I think its quite easy to find a replacement, and the little mould piece (the right foggie in the photo) that inserts into the bumper is missing. I should be able to mould something on it.

The inserts are hard to find man seriously. These guys only had bits and pieces from the car. Only good stuff was the foggies and the Levin Grille (which im thinking of getting, only 50 bucks) Ive got the part number for the inserts, but I can imagine Toyota charging an arm and leg for them. Ill still ring around and see if anyone's got any lying around.

Yeah copping my current covers didn't work :( massive fail. Wiggles all over the place and not secure. but eh no rush to put these in ill just keep looking for the inserts :)

Yep! That's my plan!

I'm tossing up between keeping the front colour coded or just go original...

I also need to respray my rims. They really need a repair :(

But yeah if it wasn't for insurance that is due this month I would of defiantly grabbed a kit off ebay :)

But thanks for that peter!

Interesting photo; really emphasises how much cars have evolved. For example, look how much bigger the pillars, lights, mirrors and even door handles are on the newer Corolla, yet... not a huge difference in power or torque. Toyota needs to bring out more Sportivo hatches I'd say.

Car looks good, very clean :)

Your right dorifto Nood's car looks huge in comparrison, you'd think the trend would be for cars to get lower and sleeker, not higher and boxier. But you really couldnt get any lower and sleeker then Jaay's without it being a lambo or fer :D

Very interesting to see the evolution it's a damm good pic Nood's with 2 really sexy lookin cars.

Yes, I say bring out a new sportivo! At least another turbo like the AE112 Sportivo had or something.

But thanks guys appreciate it. And thanks to Noodlez for the crazy photo!

Yes, I say bring out a new sportivo! At least another turbo like the AE112 Sportivo had or something.

yeah high hopes for some kind of ridiculous 50th anniversary limited edition Corolla Sportivo Levin Levin Sportivo Sprinter release in 2016.

Got bored and took a few photos off my phone.

IMAG0332.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

IMAG0334.jpg

I defiantly need to repair/spray these rims. I can see the paint slowly fading away. Either I go silver or matt/gloss black again.

I'll probably spray these first before I get the sportivo body kit.

And also I lowered the rear a couple of cm.

:)

Yeah probably. I've been meaning to get it from the wreckers but I want to do other things to the car before that. I want to respray my rims first then roll my guards, camber bolts etc

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

So I stole these off a Levin...

Lol jks

I now have these to complete my foglights!

IMAG0344_zps44dcd6f5.jpg

IMAG0343_zps1af7d2cc.jpg

So happy I have the covers! All I need to do it paint my grille black to match or get the Levin grille and then tint the foggies yellow ;)

If Lawz is looking at this now, I have the part numbers if you want them. :)

hahah yeah my grille is so dodgy!

but i went to the wreckers yesterday and picked up another grille for the car!

so i sanded it back, some plastic primer, some paint and clear coat!

and the outcome....

(attached photos)

and also painted the toyota badge black smile.png

I will wait till the engine blows first! haha then i will make my plans to do a blacktop conversion! wink.png

i've been searching desperately for a grill for my ae112r. Where do you suggest i get one? and with the mesh inserts and that, how do i install them?

hahah yeah my grille is so dodgy!

but i went to the wreckers yesterday and picked up another grille for the car!

so i sanded it back, some plastic primer, some paint and clear coat!

and the outcome....

(attached photos)

and also painted the toyota badge black smile.png

I will wait till the engine blows first! haha then i will make my plans to do a blacktop conversion! wink.png

i've been searching desperately for a grill for my ae112r. Where do you suggest i get one? and with the mesh inserts and that, how do i install them?

You can pretty much find AE112 grilles at any jap wreckers.

Try these guys out. I would recommend them though.

http://www.jjautoparts.com.au/

As for the mesh insert thing, I traced the grille onto the mesh with a texter, then I cut the mesh following the outline of the grille. I used pop rivets to hold it in place which wasn't a bad idea. But the outcome turned out crap. I only had it for a while and then got myself another grille and colour coded it.

Looks good man. So I take it you ordered new covers LOL.

Are you hooking the fog lights to separate switch or are you ripping the stalk off a wrecker also?

All good mate. My rolla will be up for sale once I get the safety cert. done.

Those spoiler risers make a hell of a difference. I like a good factory spoiler :clap:

As for your rims, personally - I went gloss black for my own rims because they turn matte after a week of brake dust anyway!

Plus they POP heaps when they are clean with fresh tire gloss ^_^

Looks good man. So I take it you ordered new covers LOL.

Are you hooking the fog lights to separate switch or are you ripping the stalk off a wrecker also?

All good mate. My rolla will be up for sale once I get the safety cert. done.

Haha yeah ordered them in. They were $90 for both :)

As for the wiring, I'm missing the two connectors from the fog lights which I need!!

Here's a photo..

IMAG0345_zps11e81b5b.jpg

I'll probably just run it to a switch. Easier for me anyways lol.

Does a Sportivo sound tempting? :P lol

Those spoiler risers make a hell of a difference. I like a good factory spoiler :clap:

As for your rims, personally - I went gloss black for my own rims because they turn matte after a week of brake dust anyway!

Plus they POP heaps when they are clean with fresh tire gloss ^_^

Haha thanks mate!

Yeah I had to take the spoiler risers! They were cheap man couldn't resist! Lol

Yeah I was thinking of either gloss black or silver. I'm still not sure yet!

Maybe plasti dip fluro pink with orange lip :P (jokes)

• 2 weeks later...

So Im kinda getting over the loudness of my exhaust, so I bought a stock muffler.

This is how it looked when I got it.

I did a small amount of work before I took this photo. Only cleaned up the tip of the muffler.

IMAG0385_zps466816ca.jpg

I wasn't that bothered to put to much effort on this side as you cant really see it anyways.

IMAG0395_zpscc71ca72.jpg

Here's a half done job I did to compare how it looked before. (this is the other side of the muffler)

IMAG0386_zps9b3cb507.jpg

Here is the other side completed.

IMAG0388_zpsa100cb53.jpg

Gave it a bit of a polish when I finished it.

IMAG0391_zpsab39f239.jpg

IMAG0394_zps68094081.jpg

I did my best to restore it. There are a couple of places were it still shows blackness, but overall I'm happy with it :)

Btw, I started at 1:54pm, finished at 4:50pm :(

**** that muffler came up good man! I'm in the process of doing that I want to put my stock muffler back. Sound is getting annoying haha

Haha thanks man! Yeah a bit of elbow grease and some steel wool and it will turn out very good!

Says he wants to make the car faster.

restricts exhaust and lowers it more.

Cmon Jay!!

LOL

Nah I'm kinda getting over it man. Especially when I go on long trips its gets annoying! Haha but I'm going to get the exhaust man to put a flange on both so I can swap them over whenever I want to :P