Spring opinion

Otaka, so that is standard rolla with the Stivo springs???

Got pics???

I mainly want to reduce the body roll, without going down the roll bar path...

Price of these retail???

EDIT: $317....fark off :o

If you want to reduce body roll, u need swaybar. Spring, well, a little, esp if its only 1.25 inch drop, probably not going to change much.

Well Bobjones, after reading your edit I'm not sure you're interested, but anyway...

The Stivo comes off the line with the exact same springs installed as your Ascent/Conquest/Levin.

The 'Sportivo Accessory Springs' (Sportivo as a brand, not a car) available as a genuine accessory from Toyota are a stiffer spring than the one fitted as standard to the Corolla. As I mentioned, there is increased body control and a drop I enjoy.

Trust me, I'm glad I didn't have to pay retail.

Well Bobjones, after reading your edit I'm not sure you're interested, but anyway...

The Stivo comes off the line with the exact same springs installed as your Ascent/Conquest/Levin.

The 'Sportivo Accessory Springs' (Sportivo as a brand, not a car) available as a genuine accessory from Toyota are a stiffer spring than the one fitted as standard to the Corolla. As I mentioned, there is increased body control and a drop I enjoy.

Trust me, I'm glad I didn't have to pay retail.

Thanks for that, me thinks the Kind Low's may be the way to go...

Also Danz, thanks for the input, I set up drag cars and track cars...and as I said in my post I do not wish to go down the swaybar path on this car as once you start this there is a host of other things you SHOULD do...all I am doing is lowering the centre of gravity thus reducing initial inertia and subsequently body roll, sway bars would enhance this, however they will be limited in their effectiveness at this stage due to the high centre of gravity of the car to start with...

Also the springs assist in reducing the affect of unsprung mass (which also affects body roll), thus why standard shockies wear out quicker resulting, unless sprung to heavily, is greater road holding, especially when you consider that most front wheel drive cars have a tendancy towards understeer, made worse by heavily weighted springs causing massive bump steer. In the end there is a compromise, especially for a street car. Geez, sorry about the short novel.... :D

Edited by Bobjones

superlows please... check my garage. my car drives fine with superlows on stock rims no rubbing/scrapping anywhere, tyre/rim choice doesnt make a difference also.. im on 18s at the moment again with no scrub/rub or scrapping...

check my garage

superlows please... check my garage. my car drives fine with superlows on stock rims no rubbing/scrapping anywhere, tyre/rim choice doesnt make a difference also.. im on 18s at the moment again with no scrub/rub or scrapping...

check my garage

Mate by looking at your pic in your garage your about the same height as guys on King Lows, are u sure that you got superlows ?

well i ended up with the lows.

although i didnt have much time to do it at work cause we were flat chat. i had to do it over a two day period. yesterday i could only do the fronts. nevertheless it looked like a damn 60's hot rod. i fitted the rear this morning and a wheel alignment after work. finally no more 4wd stance.

well i ended up with the lows.

although i didnt have much time to do it at work cause we were flat chat. i had to do it over a two day period. yesterday i could only do the fronts. nevertheless it looked like a damn 60's hot rod. i fitted the rear this morning and a wheel alignment after work. finally no more 4wd stance.

Can I just ask you a couple of questions ... firstly, did you look into the Sportivo accessory springs (given your position and potential discount) and if so, what was your view on them?

Secondly, are you able to find out why Toyota only specify the Sportivo accessory springs to fit the hatch and not sedan and wagon, when other manufacturers such as Kings supply the same product no. for all three body styles?

Cheers.

check my garage

What the, with superlows a can of pepsi can still even fit underneath the car with stockies on?

Standard Ride Height has been covered before...

A Standard ZZE122 Ascent/Conquest/Levin sits about 15mm lower than a standard ZZE123 Sportivo. They do not have the same springs. Although taller, the standard Sportivo has slightly stiffer suspension setup to a standard Ascent/Conquest/Levin.

Adding the ‘Sportivo’ accessory springs to a Sportivo, i.e. the ones you can buy as an option/accessory from Toyota will make the Sportivo sit 15mm lower than a standard Sportivo.

Adding the ‘Sportivo’ accessory springs to an Ascent/Conquest/Levin will make the car sit about 15mm lower than a standard Ascent/Conquest/Levin.

Kings ‘Lows’ will reduce a standard Sportivo by approx. 30-35mm, therefore bringing the vehicle down to about 15mm lower than a standard Ascent/Conquest/Levin.

Adding standard Sportivo Springs (not the accessory ones) to a Ascent/Conquest/Levin will actually increase the ride height by 15mm.

To answer Buddha’s request, I just got off the phone to Sci-Fleet parts and he advised me that the standard springs in the Wagon are the same part number as the standard springs for the Sedan/Hatch. Knowing Parts Departments thought, I would probably call another 2 or so dealers for confirmation before preceeding.

Actual time taken to swap the springs though shouldn’t take too long, unless you keep getting interrupted. SILVABULLIT & I did mine in under 2 hours, including taking photos, taking the Kings from the strut setup with Koni’s and washing the bits down as we did it. Also allow about 20 minutes either side for removal and replacement of trim.

Standard Ride Height has been covered before...

A Standard ZZE122 Ascent/Conquest/Levin sits about 15mm lower than a standard ZZE123 Sportivo.  They do not have the same springs.  Although taller, the standard Sportivo has slightly stiffer suspension setup to a standard Ascent/Conquest/Levin.

Adding the ‘Sportivo’ accessory springs to a Sportivo, i.e. the ones you can buy as an option/accessory from Toyota will make the Sportivo sit 15mm lower than a standard Sportivo.

Adding the ‘Sportivo’ accessory springs to an Ascent/Conquest/Levin will make the car sit about 15mm lower than a standard Ascent/Conquest/Levin.

Kings ‘Lows’ will reduce a standard Sportivo by approx. 30-35mm, therefore bringing the vehicle down to about 15mm lower than a standard Ascent/Conquest/Levin.

Adding standard Sportivo Springs (not the accessory ones) to a Ascent/Conquest/Levin will actually increase the ride height by 15mm.

To answer Buddha’s request, I just got off the phone to Sci-Fleet parts and he advised me that the standard springs in the Wagon are the same part number as the standard springs for the Sedan/Hatch.  Knowing Parts Departments thought, I would probably call another 2 or so dealers for confirmation before preceeding.

Actual time taken to swap the springs though shouldn’t take too long, unless you keep getting interrupted.  SILVABULLIT & I did mine in under 2 hours, including taking photos, taking the Kings from the strut setup with Koni’s and washing the bits down as we did it.  Also allow about 20 minutes either side for removal and replacement of trim.

Cheers, Azza, thanks for that. Dunno if it changes anything in the short term, but we'll see how we go.

They do not have the same springs.  Although taller, the standard Sportivo has slightly stiffer suspension setup to a standard Ascent/Conquest/Levin.

Are you sure? My understanding was that they share the same springs but the stiffness is due to different struts/dampers.

They do not have the same springs.  Although taller, the standard Sportivo has slightly stiffer suspension setup to a standard Ascent/Conquest/Levin.

Are you sure? My understanding was that they share the same springs but the stiffness is due to different struts/dampers.

Yes

• 4 weeks later...

Yes

If King Lows make the Stivo 30-35mm lower ... how much lower do they make the Ascent? is it still 30-35mm lower but will just be lower compared to stivo?

i got king lows isntalled and just got my car aligned....

cant add pics cos the my global space is too low

they look similar to azza's ride height tho!

the back, however should be lower =p

its perfect i can go over humps no worries about scraping my body kit~

the cornering is awesome compared to stock stivo~

ride comfort is not bad!!

interesting info during my search on springs...

springs are either cold wound (eibach, h&r) or hot wound (e.g. kings, whitelines, lovells, pedders).

cold wound springs delivers tighter production tolerances. e.g. spring gaps are more even, dimensions right on spec within 2% variation.

hot winding springs may see up to 10% variation. also hot wound springs causes hydrogen embritlement and reduces fatique strenght

• 2 weeks later...