Spring opinion

Ill keep this simple guys.

05 stivo, stock wheels

king springs lows or super lows.

really scratching my head on the decision for this one. a couple of questions come to mind. do the super lows scrub at all. i would also like to see some cars with the super lows as i cannot find very many fotoz of members cars that have them.

so any help you guys can assist me with would be great.

i have been told that the super lows were too low [hence their name]. but i would still rather judge for myself.

Superlow please.

Haha, love how you phrased that one Danz, especially the please. However i would have to agree with Northy, in terms of practicality i think super lows (although they look great and are still legal) introduce restrictions on the way one needs to drive (like the sideway driveway technique as BigBum said).

When i get around to it i really need to get me some Lows dammit, so much work, so little cash <sigh>

Ill keep this simple guys.

05 stivo, stock wheels

king springs lows or super lows.

really scratching my head on the decision for this one. a couple of questions come to mind. do the super lows scrub at all. i would also like to see some cars with the super lows as i cannot find very many fotoz of members cars that have them.

so any help you guys can assist me with would be great.

i have been told that the super lows were too low [hence their name]. but i would still rather judge for myself.

Super low sportivo will : have 1 finger gap front, and 3 finger gap rears when settled.

Super low sportivo will : have 1 finger gap front, and 3 finger gap rears when settled.

That sounds higher then my Corolla and I have no problem whatsoever getting everywhere I want. I do not have a bodykit tho. That combination could be a bit to much to clear everything. And rubbing??? I sit on 18/7.5's with 225/40 tyres. No rubbing exept for when i't my own foult: 2 people in a car, fast corner AND bumps in the road. In those conditions I noticed some slight rubbing. Happened 2 times in 8000 km's.

How much lower is the Sportivo over the normal Rolla???

Also does anyone have any pics of a normal rolla running 16's with low kings???

I managed to rangle a set of kings new for $100 (labour=free) but deciding if I want to do it to the run about is another thing...

I managed to rangle a set of kings new for $100 (labour=free) but deciding if I want to do it to the run about is another thing...

have a look in some of the "garage" site.... (e.g. mine...) you'll find a few cars with king lows... and super low...

i've got pictures of my car on king lows.... on stock stivo 16x6 and enkei 16x7 wheels... as well as 2 sets of 17x7...

also mate if u av a look a couple of posts up ^^^^ ul find that azza has posted a pic of his car with stock rims on 'lows' :rolleyes:

also mate if u av a look a couple of posts up ^^^^ ul find that azza has posted a pic of his car with stock rims on 'lows' :rolleyes:

Yeah I saw that but I was asking if the stivo was the same as the other run of the mill 4wd ride height rolla to start with...

Pippy, Thanks for garage insight, I had a look at some others but not much help. Yours was good, thanks!!!

Edited by Bobjones

I know a few of you will disagree with me on this but the Stivo sits higher than a normal rolla. No questions about it, i parked beside a conquest when I had standard wheels and springs and my car was about 15mm higher.

Now I am confused...

I will have to go out to one of these meets to compare me thinks...

Last night I jumped into the skyline after driving the rolla for a week...OMG they are such different cars...need to lower that rolla...

I stayed back after work last night with one of the techs and got my Sportivo Accessory springs fitted that I got with my discount. They gave about a 25mm drop in the rear and about a 20mm drop in the front.

I love them, ride comfort is relatively unchanged, but body control has significantly improved. Makes for a much flatter more direct ride.

Cheers Carlo for the recommendation.

Next step.... wheels. Cmon 17!

I stayed back after work last night with one of the techs and got my Sportivo Accessory springs fitted that I got with my discount. They gave about a 25mm drop in the rear and about a 20mm drop in the front.

I love them, ride comfort is relatively unchanged, but body control has significantly improved. Makes for a much flatter more direct ride.

Cheers Carlo for the recommendation.

Next step.... wheels. Cmon 17!

Glad you're happy with them. Next... Wheels ! :D

Otaka, so that is standard rolla with the Stivo springs???

Got pics???

I mainly want to reduce the body roll, without going down the roll bar path...

Price of these retail???

EDIT: $317....fark off :o

Edited by Bobjones