TRD Aurion owner new to TOCAU

Hi guys,

I've recently moved to the Melbourne area from QLD.

I've owned my TRD Aurion build No.32 for a year and a half now. After a moment of weakness in Xmas 2011 I lost my licence for 6months thanks to my right foot. So now I'm looking to modify the car into a nice looking daily and more than capable track car (shouldn't be too hard with the platform I've started with)

Mods I've already done are mostly cosmetic, they include HID's for high and low beam, Pioneer AppRadio2 headunit, K&N panel filter, removed lower resonator (in the process of getting a plastic welder to seal the hole left and cut out and seal off upper resonator) on intake, LED's on all interior lights, parkers and number plate lights.

I hope to make some track aimed improvements soon. Wheels and tyres, coilovers, improved brake discs and pads. Pictures to follow as the car transforms.

Cheers,

Liam

post-30652-0-41371600-1357171317_thumb.j

Focus on your cosmetics for than your performance, cause remember

You're not going to race everyday but ppl will be looking at your car everyday ;)

Next mod should be wheels and suspension ;)

You're not going to race everyday but ppl will be looking at your car everyday ;)

That's terrible advice! What if he is happy with how it looks already, doesn't care what other people think of his car and wants more power from it?

I'd love to see someone performance mod the crap out of a TRD!

How do you find the HID high beams?

Do you have issues waiting for the HID to "charge"?

Still waiting for pictures.............. :whistling:

Edited by 2XS

That's terrible advice! What if he is happy with how it looks already, doesn't care what other people think of his car and wants more power from it?

I would love to see a TRD fully modded. Then again you can't go over 110km/h since that's the legal speed limit. (Not like anyone always listens lol)

But idk you won't be at the race track everyday. But you will be showing off your car looks. TRD looks nice stock but it will still look 10 times better lowered and have some 20s or keep 19's but lowered

I would love to see a TRD fully modded. Then again you can't go over 110km/h since that's the legal speed limit. (Not like anyone always listens lol)

But idk you won't be at the race track everyday. But you will be showing off your car looks. TRD looks nice stock but it will still look 10 times better lowered and have some 20s or keep 19's but lowered

Opinions are like a***holes and yours stinks!

Opinions are like a***holes and yours stinks!

I didn't ask you anything nor did I ask for your opinions.

And my ***** is pretty clean lol.

Have you smelt your ***** or something before bro ??

Edited by REBZTRD

And nor did he ask for yours.

You have your own way that you modify, that's all well and good. It does not mean other people want to do it that way or hear about it in every thread you comment in. :)

How do you find the HID high beams?

Do you have issues waiting for the HID to "charge"?

Still waiting for pictures.............. :whistling:

Pictures of what? Lol I posted a picture of mine on my original post. Lol.

As for the HID's my low beam 35W charge really quick, but the 50W high beam's take about 7-10sec to fully brighten (dependant on outside temp) I was concerned about not being able to dip people and have them notice it, but I was driving behind my girlfriend one evening and I dipped my high's at her, she said it was still super bright, so that was good. Only bad point, it's REALLY hard to see people's beams when approaching a crest while high beam is on. But yeh, quick answer, love them.

And nor did he ask for yours.

You have you own way that you modify, that's all well and good. It does not mean other people want to do it that way or hear about it in every thread you comment in. :)

Obviously he posted this thread so ppl can see what he's done and at the same time get Advice and opinions. What's the point in a thread if ppl can't give and take opionins.

Some ppl start with performace some ppl leave that till the end. Everyone's different. If we were all the same world would of been boring and ****

Edited by REBZTRD

Lol chill guys. The next mods I will be doing will be coilovers (BC Racing) and body stiffening (ultra racing) at the same time, then wheels. Not too worried about power, I'm not going to be playing HP heroes on dynos. If I can make it look good and have it enter a corner flat and exit a corner fast then I'm happy. All the power in the world means **** on a track if you can't turn it.

Wow, I need to smack an Aussie all the way from here in the US. Bloody stupid comments.

Form > Function is for ricers.

Liam, AWSOME to see you want to track the car. I plan to track my '96 later this year. I can;t wait to see what you do.

I'm currently building a custom motor for it.

Wow, I need to smack an Aussie all the way from here in the US. Bloody stupid comments.

Form > Function is for ricers.

Liam, AWSOME to see you want to track the car. I plan to track my '96 later this year. I can;t wait to see what you do.

I'm currently building a custom motor for it.

Very nice! I can't wait to see what you do! I'll post pics when the coilovers are fitted. Saving my pennies to have the bracing and coilovers fitted at the same time.

A nice set of coilovers, along with a couple braces and a really good set of tires does wonders on the track. I have some friends that race thier Camry's here, and really surprise the hell out of everyone with how well they perform. One friend who regularly races has an '03 Camry V6 Auto, stock engine, some suspension mods, and front big brake kit I put on, and another who regularly races has a '94 V6 5spd (swapped from Auto) with a TRD Supercharger @ 7PSI on coilovers with a couple braces. He took the Camry to a BMW Track Day (His daily is a 5 series), and he passed everyone in his class, lol.

I actually just swapped out my TRD Springs for a set of ISC Coilovers, and it is a night and day difference in handling.

A nice set of coilovers, along with a couple braces and a really good set of tires does wonders on the track. I have some friends that race thier Camry's here, and really surprise the hell out of everyone with how well they perform. One friend who regularly races has an '03 Camry V6 Auto, stock engine, some suspension mods, and front big brake kit I put on, and another who regularly races has a '94 V6 5spd (swapped from Auto) with a TRD Supercharger @ 7PSI on coilovers with a couple braces. He took the Camry to a BMW Track Day (His daily is a 5 series), and he passed everyone in his class, lol.

I actually just swapped out my TRD Springs for a set of ISC Coilovers, and it is a night and day difference in handling.

Yeh I'm getting a full set of UltraRacing braces (strut brace, lower front brace, lower rear brace and a rear sway bar) with fully adjustable coilovers and some new discs and pads should set it off nicely for the track.

Sounds like some healthy Toyota motorsporting over your way. What's the custom engine you're putting in yours?

I;m not going crazy like some of my friends. I'm building my original 1MZ-FE that came in the car (currently running a stock 2MZ-FE). My heads are at my friend Tony's shop (DynaMotorsportsTuning) in Toronto Canada getting ported and polished. For the block itself, all I'm doing is custom pistons to bump the compression from 10.5:1 to 11.0:1. The higher compression will be fine since I am not planning anything crazy. I had the TRD SC on and will be putting it back on with the new engine once it;s done.

My friend Tony who I mentioned above has a '94 Camry with a 3MZ-FE block (3.3L engine) with the 1MZ-FE heads, completely built up. Currently putting down 934whp. I know you guys don;t do whp there, but for a comparision, it;s almost the same as a Bugatti Veyron, lol.

I also have another friend with a '95 and yet another with an '01 that are building thier engines right now for around 600whp.

Up to a couple years ago not much was going on, but for some reason it has just gone crazy and people are building them now. There are also a few other people building thier camry but I don't know too much on them yet. Couple of the posters in this thread are really good Camry modders as well. :)