Supercharge or turbocharge VVTL-i

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been looking at both flips of the coin but the major factor in turbocharging is keeping the thermal issues in check. Since a turbocharger uses the transfer of heat to spin the turbine (not exhaust flow) as most people believe the radiation of heat in the engine bay is extreme to say the least. Now seeing as the motor has the exhaust on the rear side of the engine, there is little airflow to cool surrounding ancillaries from the effects of the turbocharger. This is why ceramic coasting and thermal wrapping plus heat shielding must be used widely to avaid further problems with power steer, brake fluid and the like (not too mention paint on the bonnet). I really think a well setup low boost setup could achieve excellent results.

Turbo (gt28rs - good boost response curve for motor .64 exhaust housing) $1200

Manifold (steampipe manifold resistes cracking and it coated in HPC) $1000

Intercooler (I would always use a PWR kit for street car) $1000

Exhaust ( custom dump pipe and front pipe HPC coated) $700

ECU ( Fitted and installed a interceptor such as Emanage or Motec) $1500+^$3000

Fuel pump ( increased fuel flow requires hiflow pump such as walbro) $200

Ancillaries ( always allow for breakages and dyno + build costs) $500

Total = $6200 -----> $7700

Now this is would only allow upto a max of 0.5 bar boost due to compression ratio and fuel injector flow limits

Yip for anything more i would get forged pistons and possibly get 4Xsupra injectors and fuel pumps!

TRD dont make any forced induction parts for the 2zz-ge engine. Super Charger kit + install bout 9K, you will then also need new pistons, LSD, new suspension, exhaust, rims/tyres and better brakes.

turbo bout 5-6K and you will also need new pistons, LSD, new suspension, exhaust, rims/tyres and better brakes.

nobody in Aus has done either. So you will have to shop around for sombody willing to do it.

THANKS FOR THE TIP, NORTHY. I'LL BE ASKING AROUND FOR THE KITS PRETTY SOON.

I've been saving up for a major performance modification for my VVTL-i Corolla Sportivo and some of my

friends have advised me that supercharging it would be better. I still would like to know more about this like

how much would it cost me to have a turbo kit or supercharge kit? What are the best aftermarket or Toyota

Racing Development products that are compatible with the Corolla Sportivo VVTL-i engine? And what shops and

where in Melbourne, Victoria can I go to purchase these kits? Your advise is appreciated, Thanks

Rigoli has done 3 VVTL-I Turbo installs. $7800

I've been saving up for a major performance modification for my VVTL-i Corolla Sportivo and some of my

friends have advised me that supercharging it would be better. I still would like to know more about this like

how much would it cost me to have a turbo kit or supercharge kit? What are the best aftermarket or Toyota

Racing Development products that are compatible with the Corolla Sportivo VVTL-i engine? And what shops and

where in Melbourne, Victoria can I go to purchase these kits? Your advise is appreciated, Thanks

Rigoli has done 3 VVTL-I Turbo installs. $7800

anymore info on this?

• 1 month later...

so the greddy don't run intercooler like the Blitz. Good thing is, you can slap in cold air intake in there and run some aquamist to act as cooler. THis looks more like TRD unit for the 1zz-fe.

wow, U$3000 cheaper than Blitz too, I think the 2zz-ge USA fellas will all buy this s/c kit.

the fensport rolla would have cost them over 100 grand i would reckon, as they had to get a runX from SA to get the AWD stuff.

why would they need to buy a runX from SA? i thought the fensport rolla had a 3S-GTE in it ie. already 4 wheel drive.