Sticky Dashboard?

Deb Moran

Moment of truth, I have an 07 Aurion, have just brought it in to have the dash inspected, will see how it goes.

Not surprised that the rep I spoke to initially quickly mentioned it wasn't a Toyota issue and it will have to be paid for; so had no knowledge about the issue.

Edited by Kyl
Additional info

Hi guys!

I have just bought 08 Aurion yesterday and noticed melting dash issue this morning when went to wash the car. Which of Perth dealers would replace dash board at no costs?

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, rockyacity said:

Hi guys!

I have just bought 08 Aurion yesterday and noticed melting dash issue this morning when went to wash the car. Which of Perth dealers would replace dash board at no costs?

Thanks!

The Facebook page has a list of all of the dealers that people have had luck with so far.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/803730803039477/

• 1 month later...
On 2017-3-19 at 2:41 PM, rockyacity said:

Hi guys!

Thanks!

Hi Max

City Toyota in Northbridge did mine without any fuss.

I had a 07 Presara and the dash as deteriorating just along the edges, to be honest I would have been fine with it since it was a 10 years old car but the dealership decided it was damaged enough to be replaceable.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just bought a S/H Aurion..Three days later we had a HOT day.. I was alarmed to find the Dash was sticky.. Had a look at this site and realised I had bought a "problem".. Made an appointment with SciFleet.. Two days later I was told in no uncertain terms that Toyota would do nothing as my car was 2 weeks out of the W'tee period.. I argued that this is not a w'tee issue but a manufacture issue and now becoming a TRUST issue.. The bloke couldn't give a hoot.. Since he represents SciFleet and Toyota ,to me.. I must conclude that these businesses don't give a damn about their customers.. AS they demonstrate in their advertisements -- If you have a toyota you can go JUMP..

I had this with my 06 camery the "Sticky Dash", I contacted Toyota, they said no worries bring it in, and we will order the dash to be fitted, got a call no more then 10min later , sorry we cant replace the dash , my mistake I was so ****** grrrr

Hello, 

Yes, there is a limitation on the age of cars.   This is an out of warranty replacement.  It's not a recall.   Therefore, they will only replace to 10 years of age.  We have had a few 07 go through but they must have still been within the time frame.    Please feel free to visit the Melting Dashboards page on Facebook.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/803730803039477/    Sometimes, you will have more luck with one dealer than with another, and you may find a dealer in your vicinity on the page because we are listing dealers who have replaced.  You can use the search bar on the side, or introduce yourself.  There are plenty of people who are only too willing to try to help.   I am really sorry to hear of your experience with this.   Dashboards take a while to melt.  It doesn't happen overnight or on one hot day.  It is a slow process where they go from looking a bit shiny/greasy to sticky to melted.   This is the experience of everyone in the group.   Best wishes, Helen

While on the hunt for a used aurion, i contacted my local dealership regarding this issue to see if a melted dash was a deal breaker or not, and was told they evaluate these on a case by case basis, and you have to be the original owner. Would not like to try my luck there!!!

11 minutes ago, Metal_Head said:

so where would one go to from there? Just curious, because the dealership was trying to wipe their hands of any involvment

Inform them that there have been many others that have.

If you haven't already, join the "Melting Dashboards in Toyota, Mazda, Lexus cars Australia" Facebook group as well.

You don't have to be the original owner.  You don't have to have always had your car serviced at a dealership.  And it doesn't matter if it has high ks.    Where you may run into difficulty will be if it is over ten years old.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there

Ive also experienced the sticky dashboard problem in my Aurion sportivo. Its now in a terrible state im thinking about just buying a cheap dashboard cover an forget about it. Dont want too but there doesn't seem to be any solutions!  

35 minutes ago, J Pedd said:

Hi there

Ive also experienced the sticky dashboard problem in my Aurion sportivo. Its now in a terrible state im thinking about just buying a cheap dashboard cover an forget about it. Dont want too but there doesn't seem to be any solutions!  

Not if it is a 2006 built vehicle. 10 years is the cutoff.

Hi Jess.

If it is under 10, it will be replaced.  If it over 10, the other option I have seen on the Facebook page is people buying a dashboard from the wreckers.   A dash mat will stick to it, and probably never come off, so if you go down that road, make sure you choose one you like!    Very sorry to hear that you are going through this.  Cheers.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:37 PM, GreenFence said:

Just bought a 2010 Aurion and the dash doesn't seem to have the 'sticky' issue. Were these models affected? Is it something I should monitor? 

Daniel,  There is a ten year cut off.   If it's getting sticky now, don't leave it.  Take it to a dealership.   Cheers.

7 hours ago, HelenC said:

Daniel,  There is a ten year cut off.   If it's getting sticky now, don't leave it.  Take it to a dealership.   Cheers.

So lets just say you were out of the ten year period, how much would a replacement dash set you back?