NEVER ! Replace a TIRE AGAIN !!!

krigeroz

Ooh excellent, I did not pay attention to this product at all. Good to know that it is sold here as well. I don't mind to spray my wheels to get another few years out of them.

Last weekend I did my tire rotation, my front wheels were pretty worn out, and the rear wheels where just as new. Now car drives much better. I have Bridgestone Turanza, 119k on them.

I think in the video he is referring to "AEROSPACE PROTECTANT" the one sold in Autobarn 

Edited by krigeroz

21 minutes ago, nswnotill said:

If this stuff is as good as the promos allege, will it be any good as a preservative to prevent the 'sticky dash' syndrome?

As good as it is, I doubt it. It's only a matter of time before all dashboards go. Not if, but when.

12 hours ago, nswnotill said:

If this stuff is as good as the promos allege, will it be any good as a preservative to prevent the 'sticky dash' syndrome?

It makes no difference unfortunately.
I had already been using it in my TRD when the dash started breaking down, and it didn't cover the stickiness either.
Think of it like sunscreen - it'll stop you from getting burnt skin, but it won't stop you from dying inside :)

I've been using 303 Aerospace for years, just not on the whole tyre !.

Imagine the look on the guys face at the tyre shop when you tell him you want to spray the inside carcass of your new tyres before he puts them on ??

I wonder if spraying the 'WHOLE' tyre would this compromise the grip levels in the wet.

If you want more 303 products you can get them here:

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/products/303_products

52 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I wonder if spraying the 'WHOLE' tyre would this compromise the grip levels in the wet.

Wondering the same myself. As per the video, I would expect that the treadwear rating of the tyre must be higher to achieve a longer life. Quite possibly by increasing this rating there could be a minor side affect upon the traction rating.

Anyway, I took the plunge and bought the 303 Aerospace last night with the 10% discount on eBay.

https://www.coopertires.com.au/the-cooper-difference/tyres-explained/what-are-utqg-ratings/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Tire_Quality_Grading

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2017 at 12:12 AM, krigeroz said:

Just came across this video: 

What do you think? Do we have somethings similar here in Australia? I never heard of "303 Aerospace Protectant"...

Checked with the "boss" that she wanted to stay home last night so spent the afternoon doing the tyre treatment on both of my Aurions. For the initial treatment, I went overboard removing wheels and giving each tyre multiple spray and a hand rub to work it into the rubber. Inside of the tyre was given extra attention.

Reckon next time, I will just be able to jack up the car to rotate and spray the tyres.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

100% bull$#it.

In the video he says the hard old belt wears faster. Look at tyres (rather than a belt thats not made to be used in the same way), soft = grippy and short life. Hard normally means lower grip and long life. 

Tyre ‘rubber’ is a mix of chemicals made up to do a specific job which is not to be filed or the same as a drive belt. 

If this is true, no wear, then it goes against the normal way every other friction material works. As a good test, spray this on your bike tyres and go for a ride and try the brakes. If wear decreases, grip surely must decrease too. 

It might be a good product for something else, but not for tyres.

Let's just say that I never bought the video headline.

However I am expecting that UV protection should result in longer tyre life.

After reading the following URL, I should put some of this protectorant upon my trailer tyres which are cracked and grey being about 10 years old.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/how-to-protect-your-tires-1409.html

• 4 weeks later...

I think sometimes youtube videos can be clickbait. 

The heading is also highly misleading as it implies if you use the product your tire will last like 80000KM

I highly doubt you would preserve your tyre life by more than say 5000km

• 3 weeks later...

So say this product does what it claims. 

What about grip?

Surely the gain in longevity would come at the price of losing grip?

You could be turning your tyres into roller skates, particularly in the rain.

No thanks

• 3 weeks later...

This is simply going to make the tyres rock hard. Manufacturers can make a tyre that lasts 200,000kms already, and I think Coopers already make a few product lines with very hard compounds to lasy almost 100,000kms, they don't need a secret recipe aditive to formulate these compounds. But when cars running said tyres ended up wrapped around trees every time it rained or it got featured on "The Project" for having a tenth of the grip of a normal tyre they would stop selling them again. Tyres are a compromise longevity, wet and dry grip, noise and comfort. What a dumb video for trying to promote it as some special secret or having no ill side effects, although If I had a complete hunk of junk to test it on I probably would give it a go for giggles.

They used to do very hard compounds in the old days, I had a pair on my 1985 Golf GTI some old grandad had fitted them. It was a complete death trap, especially in the rain.

What a mong for putting on a belt, the belt won't last forwever, it'll crack and split.

Edited by squibby

To put things in perspective, consider the Title to be Click Bait. What I particularly noted from the video is that you have to repeat the application every 3 months or so.

I have applied the product to both new and used tyres. The used tyres on the front have worn down and due for replacement with other used tyres that have also been treated. New tyres are on my project backyard queen.

What the product provides is essentially UV protection as I stated in my post on 9th January.

In my brief use of the product, I have not noticed any difference in tyre grip in the dry or the wet.