Echo 2zz conversion

Grey-Rolla

when i was looking for one best i could get $4000 with 60,000km

Apparently Micky_tee offered you a 2zz motor for $2000 and it only had 18,000k's on it, but you declined it.

i have herd this from few people, but i dont recall ever talking to him about it..... :blink:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i was looking for one best i could get $4000 with 60,000km

Apparently Micky_tee offered you a 2zz motor for $2000 and it only had 18,000k's on it, but you declined it.

i have herd this from few people, but i dont recall ever talking to him about it..... :blink:

Ah ya poor bugger. Don't worry man you got brand spank motor now anyway. $8000 difference but hey, it's 'brand' new.

$4000 is way too cheap and if the wreckers let that 2zz got for $2500 they should be shot, when i was looking for one best i could get $4000 with 60,000km on the clock and that was for engine only...also you would need to modify things like the suspension also?? what about the brakes? 2zz on stock echo brakes = suicide.....

echo's front disc and calipers are the same as the heavier 1zz corolla. i think it should JUST cope with a stock 2zz.

so if they want to convert it, it won't be too hard either

Negatron recommends to get a fully sik brembo break kit with slotted and crossdrilled discs. Whilst your're at it, the aerodynamics of the echo will cause the tiny car to never have traction.... UNLESS... you put a fully and furry sik HUGE as spoiler (rip one off a suprahhhhh).

And just for street cred, remember the hello kitty dolls inside.

Don't forget the Alternator. If a stock 2ZZ alt doesn't like CAI, Exhaust & PowerFC then a stock Echo alt won't like a 2ZZ. Especially considering anyone with a 2ZZ Echo is gonna wanna drive it like a biartch too.

No doubt there will be doof doof to boot....definitley get the alt done....

...why would you use an echo alternator on a 2zz??

The alternator comes with the motor pack from the wreckers. Corey's alternator wasn't his problem.

Hey guy the mechanic said all the main parts will be stivo parts so yeah. This will be interesting. As for egineer, he said that u can get it if ya want it wont be hard, but u dont have since the cops wont be able to tell. I might buzz him tonight to find out what cracking.

Hey guy the mechanic said all the main parts will be stivo parts so yeah. This will be interesting. As for egineer, he said that u can get it if ya want it wont be hard, but u dont have since the cops wont be able to tell. I might buzz him tonight to find out what cracking.

The reason you get it engineered is to satisfy your insurer and to make sure it's safe to drive on public roads... not to get an easier time from the police.

if you have an "at fault" accident in the unengineered car, watch the insurance company laugh as they bend you over for the reaming of your life, without lube.

• 4 weeks later...

he guys just thought u be interested,i was at the wrecker that sold the engine,its true, i seen it , the engine is in , the just got to do the wiring,got some pics but im not going to post them, so yeah his not bull****ting

cheers

he guys just thought u be interested,i was at the wrecker that sold the engine,its true, i seen it , the engine is in , the just got to do the wiring,got some pics but im not going to post them, so yeah his not bull****ting

cheers

pics or ban :P

Well i had a mate that did this convo b4 but the main problem is due to the location of the engine mounts and the power that was produced from this block it kept braking mounts after afew times of strengthening the mounts it got too much and the stock block went back in the 2zz-ge was sold and he bought a S15.......The other problems was the traction and brakes!!! :lol: It was fun while it lasted though!!

As i thought the finished date has been delayed, but everythings is done now. I havnt really spoken to him recently but he said it will be completed soon. Sorry for the late reply i havnt been really busy. I will updated soon guys. :huh:

There was one here in NZ built for racing(not sure on class), but it was unable to be used on normal roads due to the amount of chopping needed, there is mention of it on toyspeed.org.nz (a NZ toyota enthusiest club) in their(our) forums, a search for "2zz AND Echo" or "2zz AND Vitz" should bring it up.

From memory it was a bit of a monster, and thoroughly kicked ar5e

yeah not the best pics, but keep them coming.

would have been good to have all that stuff removed off the engine before taking the photo.

p.s. that workshop has some major OH&S issues.

p.s. that workshop has some major OH&S issues.

My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't have said that it looks exactly like a high quality workshop. Wouldn't like to be test driving the car after the completion of the job and have those pliers fly out from somewhere and do some damage....

I too would like to see a pic if the engine in the vehicle (focused) that shows a 2ZZ in their. And not just the engine cover. If you look at the side of the engine, the word YAMAHA will be stamped on it. Photgraph that....