CES CAI

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I love all the people who bitch in these forums its what makes this stuff such a joke.

To clarify my modification results I tested the car on the same dyno twice so far at the Benowa Tafe on the Gold Coast nothing beats Government paid dyno time lol

My stock standard car made 103.2kw @ the wheels on first run with 769klm on the Odometer

After fitting CES intake and exhaust I had my car on the dyno to check AF ratios as the car felt it increased in power significantly I didnt wanna leave it to chance.

Car put out 122.6kw @ the wheels with 10345klm on the Odometer on the Tafe dyno.

Surprisingly the Air fuel ratios were in acceptable levels and no need to modify ECU currently.

I think this is an often overlooked thing when u modify the Intake an exhaust it pays to ensure your cars vitals are in check.

Currently I have the power runs saved on the Tafe dyno as a student broke the printer (quality govenment repairs) as soon as I have em Ill scan em and post em

Next Dyno day? When?

I suggest, just go and do baseline dyno now before you add the exhaust. From there on we can see the gain made by the full exhaust system.

Just look for percentage of gain increase, its a much more accurate figure than comparing who got highest number.

Let me get this straight Danz, your suggesting that a baseline dyno now (today, tomorrow etc) will be comparable to a dyno in a few days/weeks time at the dyno day?

Thats bull**** and you know it. As rollamods has mentioned previously, the ONLY way to replicate the conditions completely and have a TRULY accurate reading, is to do them on the same day, same dyno, same engine temp, same inlet temp, same this, same that, same undies (I prefer red ones, they go faster) etc etc etc. BTW your going to need an OBDII tool. Knowing as much as you do, you should already know all this . . . . . .

Then again, we could always bin the dyno and compare MPH at the end of the strip. Anyone?

same undies (I prefer red ones, they go faster) etc etc etc.

With or Without Skid Marks - lol :D :P :D :P :D

Cheers :P

With of course, gotta put smoke a show on for the crowd . . . . :P

Edited by -JC-

On my car(pre facelift) a gain of 9kw from the exhaust and TRD CAI a gain of just under 5kw. CES CAI had approximately 4kw more than TRD CAI with same filter.

Purely speaking on cai gains, are you saying the CES cai alone gave you an extra 4kW more than the TRD making it a total of just under 9kW? (not mentioning the exhaust). Thats some serious performance coming from a replica with a slightly larger diameter pipe. We are talking 100% improvement.

On my car(pre facelift) a gain of 9kw from the exhaust and TRD CAI a gain of just under 5kw. CES CAI had approximately 4kw more than TRD CAI with same filter.

Purely speaking on cai gains, are you saying the CES cai alone gave you an extra 4kW more than the TRD making it a total of just under 9kW? (not mentioning the exhaust). Thats some serious performance coming from a replica with a slightly larger diameter pipe. We are talking 100% improvement.

i saw the back to back dyno and it was very impressive..

so, answer this question that went unanswered previously.

Were those two dyno runs done with the same filter, both with an ECU reset prior to each run, and with a scantool to make sure the run was done with exactly the same coolant temp? simple question, yes or no answer. You could also indulge us with what coolant temp the two runs were done at.

One degree difference in coolant temp can make up to 4kw difference in the top end.

Next Dyno day? When?

I suggest, just go and do baseline dyno now before you add the exhaust. From there on we can see the gain made by the full exhaust system.

Just look for percentage of gain increase, its a much more accurate figure than comparing who got highest number.

Let me get this straight Danz, your suggesting that a baseline dyno now (today, tomorrow etc) will be comparable to a dyno in a few days/weeks time at the dyno day?

Thats bull**** and you know it. As rollamods has mentioned previously, the ONLY way to replicate the conditions completely and have a TRULY accurate reading, is to do them on the same day, same dyno, same engine temp, same inlet temp, same this, same that, same undies (I prefer red ones, they go faster) etc etc etc. BTW your going to need an OBDII tool. Knowing as much as you do, you should already know all this . . . . . .

Then again, we could always bin the dyno and compare MPH at the end of the strip. Anyone?

eerr...looks like someone needs a pill here.

If you said same this, same that, you tell me how are you supposed to fit new parts during the same time when you run your car on dyno? Hey same everything as you suggested. Even temprature change during the day.

I reckon if you go back the next day with the new mod, keep the dyno setting the way it was the previous day, its still ok. Considering you're not one of those dyno read freaks who likes to see numbers and hence choose the coolest day during the week to have the car dynoed.

By the way, those who went to 1st melb dyno and then came back for the 2nd run (after 2-3 months), get same results. So JC, I think you need some chill pill.

I just think it's another thread to try and flog off the ces cai system, after all they do need to sell some now that they are making them, and what better way to advertise. No friggin way this thing gives you that much power than a trd unit, sounds like a scam. This whole ces thing has devalued the forum in my opinion!

I just think it's another thread to try and flog off the ces cai system, after all they do need to sell some now that they are making them, and what better way to advertise. No friggin way this thing gives you that much power than a trd unit, sounds like a scam. This whole ces thing has devalued the forum in my opinion!

Actually I dont think so ... being someone neutral ... not for or against ...

Someone is just writing about a new mod for their car ... and wants to share their excitement ..

I know with all my mods I love to share it with everyone (including my elmo) ... and isnt that what this forum is about ...

so stick with the topic and congratulate the man ... he is obviously over the moon with his purchase .. and good on him ..

In regards to the difference and comparison of power etc .. it has been discussed in a different topic .. which has been closed ... hence no need to discuss it ..

We are all smart enough to make our own decisions based on what has been written in previous subjects .. and if they want more info Im sure they can work out who they need to contact ....

Well done campeon ... !! enjoy your mods ... and keep it up ..

We are all smart enough to make our own decisions based on what has been written in previous subjects .. and if they want more info Im sure they can work out who they need to contact ....

Smart enough to make our own decisions on what has been written? thats exactly the problem. Based on what has been written? Had i made those decisions, i would have been several grand out of the pocket with maybe a blown engine or two. After someone has modified something, they will not have the balls to say it was a waste of money to make themselves look stupid now would they? They hide between figures which themselves are being led to believe hence lying to themselves.

Smart enough to make our own decisions on what has been written? thats exactly the problem. Based on what has been written? Had i made those decisions, i would have been several grand out of the pocket with maybe a blown engine or two. After someone has modified something, they will not have the balls to say it was a waste of money to make themselves look stupid now would they? They hide between figures which themselves are being led to believe hence lying to themselves.

NO !

you have just proven my point .. you have read all thats on this forum .. and you are smart enough to make your own decisions ..

I have read all thats on this forum ... and I have choosen a different modification path ... and no one flames me for it ... so why should ppl cause a kerfuffle when someone chooses something else ...

No one is forcing anyone to buy anything ..

Ppl read and make a decision .... who says that this is the only forum they are on ... who says they dont have another source of information ..

Just be glad that a fellow rolla owner has decided to mod his car ...

lets leave it at that .

If people do not like CES, then don't buy it.

If people do like CES then buy it.

This is a car forum designed to share ideas andf thoughts about car related issues and products. What is the harm in someone writing their positive experiences about a particular product if one feels it has performed well? Love or hate CES, you can not argue with satisfaction.

Rock on campeon, it good to see someone has the brass ones to say they are happy with something that has caused so much controversy.

I say we stop arguing about CES and be glad that the product is getting good responses.

If you don't like it Lucio, then don't buy it. It is no secret you weren't happy. You made your post about it. Do not discriminate against someone essentially doing the same as you did and posting feedback if the feedback does not agree with your own thoughts and ideas.

i think its funny that 3 little letters create such controversy on these forums.

i vote that the word CES should be added to the banned words list, so when someone types it it comes up as *** :P :P :P :lol::lol::lol:

To me it doesnt matter which brand it is. Im with Lucio on this one. Im trying to work out how 1/4 inch has made an extra 4 kws difference.....For you guys that are newer to the forum than others, you may or may have not read the early posts about CAIs, exhausts and any other mod for our cars, each to their own there were alot of expensive hits and misses and there still is. Im with rollamods, get a stock car and test it stock then with a TRD, Injen, AEM, CES and then post the results.

I for one will not flame anyone if their CAI did not perform as well as the others, not matter how much the cost. For all you know, someone may have made a backyard job (no offense tot he DIYer's) that out performs all the branded CAI's.

Others log onto this forum and laugh at how the internal fighting is destroying this forum.

What part of this

I say we stop arguing about CES

or this

lets leave it at that .

do ppl not understand ...

Get over it !!!

and its the ppl debating about F U C KIN chalk n cheese that is F UCKING it up for everyone else ..

I know this is off topic...but just letting the mods know...

This thread is goooone.

Kill this thread...KILL IT NOW! lol

I warned everyone early on in this thread to keep it on topic .....

Any posts after this that are not related to the review of this product is going to get nailed.... yes ive warmed up the wooden spoon .....

Im neither for or against .... I use wat i feel like using at the time

I personally have a TRD CAI .... Am i looking to get a CES ... probably not .... will it make my car perform better .... To be honest with you i dont really care .... I dont have budget for another CAI so im not getting one .... Am i interested in the results .... Well yes but i dont biatch & moan if i think they are scewed ... if i thought they were scewed am i even in a position to comment ? well no not really because i wasnt there ... i didnt c it happen .... i cant scrutinise something i didnt see .....

If you dont believe in the results presented by a manufactorer of a product and i say ANY MANUFACTORER simple. DO YOUR OWN TESTING !!!!!!!

One more ill post and the thread is gone .... And i will be monitoring the rest of your posts.

Its simple .... this is a forum ... everyone's entitled to an opinion and their own idea's .... respect others and they should give you the same in return ... if they dont or you dont trust me you will hear about it from me!!!!!!

Cheers

Bill

Now you girls have got all that of your chests, I'd just like the following answered on the forum to substantiate the "4kw gain over TRD" claim. >>>

so, answer this question that went unanswered previously.

Were those two dyno runs done with the same filter, both with an ECU reset prior to each run, and with a scantool to make sure the run was done with exactly the same coolant temp? simple question, yes or no answer. You could also indulge us with what coolant temp the two runs were done at.

One degree difference in coolant temp can make up to 4kw difference in the top end.

Northy wants me to use a specific filter on the CES in my dyno comparison next month, I don't think it really matters as I'm using the same filter on ALL the pipes being tested. I'm not looking for overall figures, I'm looking at comparative figures between various CAI designs.

Cheers Bill.

Ok now that the thread has life again I'll say this.

Us Canberra boys are, well you could say, "suspect" about CES's products for our cars. We're just paranoid. It's unfortunate none of us have anything CES equipped down here to actually see and touch. We're probably more interested in the cat-back system and reponse/gain you achieve with it, however the headers and CAI we'd like to look at as well. Big ask...but is there anyway we can test this stuff down here and come to a conclusion before we fork out 'alot' of money? If not it's understandable. That's just how business works sometimes.

Cheers