Wheels Magazine - 200kw Corolla and 140kw+ Force Fed

Just toady read in Wheels June 2006 about the development of a 200kw 3.5 Litre V6 heading into the 10th generation corolla. Not coming here ofcourse:(

However, in another article it talks about the further development of TRD in Australia, refering to the new Aurion and also speculates in late 2007 a force fed Corolla producing 140kw+ yummy:) Its a good read have a look.

Edited by ar44

Further development of TRD in Australia, refering to the new Aurion and also speculates in late 2007 a force fed Corolla producing 140kw+ yummy:) Its a good read have a look.

Development of TRD in Australia refering in late 2007 a force fed Corolla producing 140kw+??

Smells like the "Compressor" to me! Really who is Toyota kidding!

there is going to be a rebadging of the top shelf or higher level/cost toyota vehicles they will be baged TRD got this info from toyota themeselves,, for example the 3.5l v6 Aurion will be blown and have TRD badging ,, but no word as to the continuation of the stivo as of yet..

there is going to be a rebadging of the top shelf or higher level/cost toyota vehicles they will be baged TRD got this info from toyota themeselves,, for example the 3.5l v6 Aurion will be blown and have TRD badging ,, but no word as to the continuation of the stivo as of yet..

toyota are going to keep the sportivo line as there "sports" models from toyota themselves

it looks inevitable and would be in their best interest to produce a performance corolla, considering both holden and ford have just released their versions

I have two concerns ... firstly, the pics in Wheels make the sedan look pretty vanilla bland, almost like the last of the 323's at the front (to my eyes, anyway).

The other problem is they're talking about dropping the wagon! <_<

my next car could be a Focus XR5!

They've become another Golf GTi

Dealers are already quoting XR5 waiting list as March Delivery! Ford Aus is only able to get around 40 per month nationwide...

If Toyota Aus is smart they can really take advantage of this... If they're smart...

I'd say Toyota must offer equivalent package as the XR5 (power, interior, exterior etc) with a matching price to beat. I am sure they can do it if they want to.

It would tough to beat Xr5 value for money. Standard wise the car is a real tricked out car already; recaros, turbo, wheels, suspension yadda yadda yadda. For a mere $35,000 this is like how sportivo used to be - a true bang for your buck hot hatch.

And we still have two other super hot turbo hatch coming up, the VXR and Mazda 3 MPS. Both offer similar packaging and competitive pricing too. Everyone will be racing their hatchback soon. This market segment is jam packed with hot hatch turbo - renault and vw are there already.