Please explain?

ok so far ive gathered that a catback has something to do with the exhaust.

what does it do?

can it fit any exhaust? (i got sportivo exhaust)

how does the car benifit by adding it on?

jase

catback is commonly used when talking about how long the exhaust in question is

an engine back exhaust is from the engine, to the back of the car

a catback is from the catalytic converter to the back of the car

axel back is from the rear axel back ;) just the muffler basically

depends what kinda exhaust u are lookin at. i assume u have a sportivo catback to go on a 1ZZ? good choice, bolts straight on, many people have done this mod, try talking to tom (blue_rolla) as he has only done it recently as in pretty cluey with those kinda things ;)

The most common reason for getting a CatBack is to not only replace the muffler, but the midpipe as well. Increasing the diameter of the midpipe through a highflow muffler is a surefire way to get more hp and torque. Just short of getting rid of the cat, or replacing with a highflow and dropping some headers on the car. Not sure about the Aussie 2ZZ but the American version loves a good amount of backpreasure and we've got some pretty straight headers to begin with. The optimum size most people agree on is a 2.25" or 2.5" (depending if you're trying to free up some torque, or if you're CRAZY about top end) stainless steel mandrel bent pipe with a compact resonator. Standard upgrade for basic bolt on performance. Once again not sure about the Sportivo, but the 2ZZ XRS's main power robbers from the factory are 1. Intake and 2 Muffler... So you'll see a lot of people just going with an Axel back.

The stivo cat back is almost a bolt on to for the other rollas in the series.

i believe i was one of the first to have a stivo cat back fitted on to a 1zz, i've got a levin, have a look in my garage for the different in the 2 pipes.

the exhaust would require some cutting and welding to get it on a 1zz, but a simple job.

cheers.

I have a stivo catback too :lol:

it only costs 60 bux to install - simple cut off old pipes @ the cat and weild on sportivo pipes

- you should b able to get more torque and responsiveness from it too :D

The sportivo muffler that you have -pretty much axle back - can be catback by just going to the exhaust gurus and requesting u have a new catback setup of say 2.25" from the catback and "hey presto!" a "sportivo" catback exhaust setup! :rolleyes:

The stivo cat back is almost a bolt on to for the other rollas in the series.

i believe i was one of the first to have a stivo cat back fitted on to a 1zz, i've got a levin, have a look in my garage for the different in the 2 pipes.

the exhaust would require some cutting and welding to get it on a 1zz, but a simple job.

cheers.

can this be done from sportivo catback into my wagon? :unsure:

u'll need an additional few bits of pipping as the wagon is slightly longer

:D but yes! i don't see why not...it would be mad to see a wagon dumped, rims and all!!!

i got quoted $200 bux for a custom made catback setup - 2.25" all the way through, with choice of red back muffler :o - so maybe a catback for a wagon shouldn't be too expensive?

I have a stivo catback too :lol:

it only costs 60 bux to install - simple cut off old pipes @ the cat and weild on sportivo pipes

- you should b able to get more torque and responsiveness from it too :D

The sportivo muffler that you have -pretty much axle back - can be catback by just going to the exhaust gurus and requesting u have a new catback setup of say 2.25" from the catback and "hey presto!" a "sportivo" catback exhaust setup! :rolleyes:

hahah i knew it would cost a lot to install it..

a guy said... $100 to install the catback...

RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by XploShun

Mate,

Try Liverpool Exhausts (Very good Customer service). I changed my dronny cannon axel back :blink: (it came with the car), to a catback system with a lukey muffler and twin swepped up tipps... Cost me $450, but it was well fitted and i didn't mind paying a little more cause of the service provided.

They'll probably charge you heaps less for an axel back, but it all depends on what type of muffler you're going for

if i have the sportivo catback...

and the xforce s12...

will these 2 fit?

does the muffler come with the axel back?

and how long is the catback?? from pippy's garage.. it seems to be the length of the car...

if thats so.... i think ive got a problem... taking the metal home... :(

our hatchback wont fit....

Edited by XploShun

yes u can fit a sportivo catback into a corolla hatch, just ask me or tom (blue rolla)

goes from the edge of the boot over all the seat almost to the dash