X-Force S10

i just got the the nice red pipe on my stivo and i have a nice hummmm indeed so im still debating changing mufflers, although i wouldnt mind a nice twin tip they look the goods on a rolla

Yeah agreed. I think if you're going single tip then 3 1/2 to 4inch tips look awesome, twin tip? well I've seen some nice 3inch twins, and even 4inch mutha twins like the magnaflow brian and johnny had haha.

I want a twin tip...but...I think I'm too lazy haha.

In terms of performance, I personally think it makes jack all difference what you get so long as it is free flowing it will be better than stock. I have used a cannon and a magnaflow muffler on the same system and there was no difference in output at all. I think it really comes down to sound, cost and look - what suits you.

so in the end peformance wise is it worth getting a twinloop on a 2zz? If i get the same type of performance compared to a spoon or buddyclub then im sold id rather get the s12 cause its waaay cheaper, but i havent read anything regarding the twinloops performance over the stock muffler.

To my knowledge the twin loop is fine man yeah. I may end up being a lazy b@stard myself though and just get a different tip for my stock muffler (for the rear skirt). The CAI is going to make enough noise for my liking lol.

CAI isnt enough noise rob! thats wat i said and now i want a new muff

:huh: I got is s10 installed today a western muffler. I rekon its still pretty loud? is there a way to quiet it down? coz i really miss my induction noise?? Also, mines so floopy when i was driving down Parramatta Rd it was banging around back bumper? Also do you guys find the s10 hanging too low? coz mine scrapes abit. Lastly, the gap between the muffler and the bumper seems so big? Whats the meansure for you guys with the s10? coz mines like atleast 3cm between the muffler tip and back bumper?

Danz and Gazoom does ur fit flush? Mines pretty straight its just the gap and the fact it sits so low. I like my new system but at the sametime i dont coz, it doesnt seem like it was wat i expected. :unsure: It ended up costing me $320 :unsure: <_<

Hope to get it fix.

Cheers all

Well you never know man, I'll change my mind later haha.

Yeah I'm after a new muff as well. Been chatting up this one that works at the video store now :lol:

How does she sound in lift :lol:

Dude I hope I get to find out lmao.

Btw it'd be the muffler brackets I think grey-rolla. hmmm, not cool. shouldn't be hard to fix though.

Yeah I'm after a new muff as well. Been chatting up this one that works at the video store now :lol:

Btw it'd be the muffler brackets I think grey-rolla. hmmm, not cool. shouldn't be hard to fix though.

They didnt make a muffler bracket they just wraped it with a steel surrouding and hanged it i think? arent they suppose to welf brackets on them, so it wont move? I asked the guy and he said its suppose to move with the engine? If its stiff he said it will snap? is this true? help me out guys....

They didnt make a muffler bracket they just wraped it with a steel surrouding and hanged it i think? arent they suppose to welf brackets on them, so it wont move? I asked the guy and he said its suppose to move with the engine? If its stiff he said it will snap? is this true? help me out guys....

There's the rubber join that hangs the muffler. Hmm. It shouldn't move that much though. Where abouts are you? Sydney? Melbourne?

that sounds like dodgey work to me mate oh baddboyz found this other night what you think?

http://www.passwordjdm.com/product.asp?num...=&PT_ID=314

they have made buddyclub for the U.S market so you can get a universal muffler thats the same efficiancy as spec 3. But for that price im a bit apprehensive thats its a copy, but they seem to be legit sellers.

that sounds like dodgey work to me mate oh baddboyz found this other night what you think?

http://www.passwordjdm.com/product.asp?num...=&PT_ID=314

they have made buddyclub for the U.S market so you can get a universal muffler thats the same efficiancy as spec 3. But for that price im a bit apprehensive thats its a copy, but they seem to be legit sellers.

Dude you know I'm all for buddyclub haha. That seems to be ok as they are legit sellers to my knowledge. Harold, a mate in the US, has delt with them I think.

On another note (pardon the pun HOHOHOHO) the Spec III is in fact BLAADY loud in lift if I remember correctly. I have been told though that it has very subtle cabin drone though until up high.

Man...I think we'd get defected straight away if we were running the pro spec...buuuuuut seeing as if it's a universal bolt on it might be worth the gamble. You can always just whack the stock one back on.

Brian had me sold on this muffler man, but I've been backing out because I don't think I have the balls to run something this loud in Canberra haha.

cumon rob!! DO IT!!!!

Yeah well...it'll have to clear the rear skirt as well :P

I'm getting a different tip on my stock muffler for the time being. I'll see how I go later. I know I can grab spec III's from bb's garage down in melbourne.

ahahah thats good man. sometimes u jus gotta let ur balls hang low and do it!

back on topic, how much do these s10 mufflers go for? and is it a direct bolt on for the sportivo?

Edited by x_tarcy33

back on topic, how much do these s10 mufflers go for? and is it a direct bolt on for the sportivo?

http://www.bestmufflers.com/

Have a chat to this guy man. He was so friggin nice on the phone to me that I thought fairy floss was going to come out from the handset. He knows his stuff. As soon as he heard I had a sportivo he recommended the twin loop straight away. Best sounding muffler he's heard on them he said. $180 he quoted to if I remember??

I think his name was Paul, although don't quote me on that :S

Have a chat to this guy man. He was so friggin nice on the phone to me that I thought fairy floss was going to come out from the handset. He knows his stuff. As soon as he heard I had a sportivo he recommended the twin loop straight away. Best sounding muffler he's heard on them he said. $180 he quoted to if I remember??

I second that!! i spoke to those gusy last week. Couldnt beleive th eknwoledge the guy had one the phone about the 1zz and the genie wildcat headers they have for $280 + fitting. He said changing the Cat to high flow is useless he just recommended a new flew pipe to be less restrictive.

I second that!! i spoke to those gusy last week. Couldnt beleive th eknwoledge the guy had one the phone about the 1zz and the genie wildcat headers they have for $280 + fitting. He said changing the Cat to high flow is useless he just recommended a new flew pipe to be less restrictive.

Very very broad Bill. He's one of those performance guys who is a walking encyclopedia on many many cars. Very rare person ;)

There's the rubber join that hangs the muffler. Hmm. It shouldn't move that much though. Where abouts are you? Sydney? Melbourne?

Im from Sydney mate

:huh: I got is s10 installed today a western muffler. I rekon its still pretty loud? is there a way to quiet it down? coz i really miss my induction noise?? Also, mines so floopy when i was driving down Parramatta Rd it was banging around back bumper? Also do you guys find the s10 hanging too low? coz mine scrapes abit. Lastly, the gap between the muffler and the bumper seems so big? Whats the meansure for you guys with the s10? coz mines like atleast 3cm between the muffler tip and back bumper?

Danz and Gazoom does ur fit flush? Mines pretty straight its just the gap and the fact it sits so low. I like my new system but at the sametime i dont coz, it doesnt seem like it was wat i expected. :unsure: It ended up costing me $320 :unsure: <_<

Hope to get it fix.

Cheers all

What was the diameter of the exhaust you put in???

Seriously the S10 is a very quiet muffler. You can tell by the size of the dam thing. I can still hear my induction sound but I guess thats because it is an SRI and not a CAI.

Danz's one is louder than mine but I think the main thing for him and me was we came from a Redback Muffler which was deafening.

There are youtube clips of our muffler sound on this post you can hear for yourself along with other Xforce twin tips clips.

My muffler sits straight and as for the gap I have a rear skirt on the car but before that it was sitting flush just under the rear bar.

Where is Western Mufflers? I'd recommend Westside mufflers at Padstow to ya but Xploshun was not 100% happy with his install.

But I have to say this when they installed my X-Force there was no problems with the gap or the direction it was pointing. Then after I got the rear skirt installed they cut the tip off and added an extention and the positioning is still perfect.

I personally am happy with the results but not sure what happend when Xploshun went there.

If you want it quieter I think you may need to install a hot dog.

Edited by GAZOOM

Althugh mine is louder, its only at high rpm. Almost dead quiet on cruise.

Few nights ago, when the tempt is cold and dry, I went to freeway and hold the 3rd gear running at 100km/h, and its should be 4000rpm ~ 5000rpm. I kept it there and I listened, I was surprised all its there is this high pitch throatty noise but its not ear deafening or droning. Just pure crisp high flow noise.

I just realised the car is less asmathic on top end too. I'll attend next dyno day if there's any, see if there is something changed with this muffler.

damn gazoom.. stop saying im happy with them... :P

i think they're ok... its just they r sooooo far from me.. 30min drive up and down...

and i have to get a friend (50mins drive) to pick up me from WESTSIDE... and drive me home...

then pick up the car again... he has to drive 50mins

i wasnt that happy before coz they installed gazoom'z perfectly...and mine was not that straight (high expectation :lol: )...

but its alrigth i guess..... coz mine is s12...

for the price... $220 for a S12 and INSTALLED!!! thats like the cheapest... a group buy for s10 is like 180 it think... and LEVIN got his sent down to MELBOURNE from bestmufflers for 160 i think...

so... if you can find a place to install the muffler for $40-60... GO FOR IT!

gazoom told me it was 210 for him... well.. the price went up by 10... <_<

they installed mine for $300 (was $260)... because i bought the sportivo pipe (2.25") from silver...

they had to weld it on and all.....

they tried to charge me $360 before due to BS they made up.... but i told them they told me a different story thru a phone... so we settled for $300... which was OK coz some guy from another FORUM said..... it will cost like $5XX!! i was like... WTF!!?!

i give them 9/10!!!! so overall im happy with my new muffler...

Hey guys i got the zorst adjusted today with no dramas, now it looks good, and im really happy with it. Apart from a tinny (ting ting ting) noise, not sure what it is, but i will get the fixed soon.

I really do recommend western mufflers. They are very helpful and honest, also very professional. I got my zorst readjusted for free today and it too em like 30 mins.

So if you guys wanna do a group install, i can help you guys contact em. With a group install it will be cheaper.

Cheers guy :toast: