Tein Coilovers or Cusco zero-2 ????

YDOIT4

Hey pplz

I dont start hardly any threads but i cant get any real info on the tein coilovers and nobody sells cuscos for less than 3k that ive found

So my question is does anyone know anyone who sells cusco zero 2s for an affordable price otherwise i can get a set of Tein SS coilovers for $2100 installed or i can go for the current TOCA craze of D2 coilovers

I really dont care what brand i get as long as they are comfortable not to hard so i dont need a kidney belt and my girlfriend will still want to ride in my car

But of course they have to have the performance side round corners as well as comfort on the daily drive

So does anyone know about the Teins about how they stand up against the d2s or g4s and all the other brands for our cars or prices for the Cuscos is what i really want if i get a good price they are what i really really want

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best way to access which ones suit u is to probably drive or hitch a ride in a rolla that has coil overs first. That way you can understand or get the feeling of the spring rates etc... and whether or not your kidneys can hack it . Have you considered konis yellow + spring combination as well?

BangN gave me a ride in his stivo and i totally feel in love with coilovers :yahoo:

Fact: Nearly went TEIN's for $2300 installed (the SW/SS hybrids). Rought. They leak like crazy.

Cusco Zero 2's are hard hard hardcore. They are insane. Very $$$ though, out of my budget.

Looked at D2's, they are track rated, but I can take the bumpiness so I grabbed those for $1300.

G4's are better on your kidneys as they are a softer rate, that is about the only difference.

G4's are $1400 from JustJap and are 36-way damper adjustable, pillowball mounted, camber (i'm sure) and ride height adjustable as well obviously.

Both G4 and D2 are bloody good value for money.

The best way to access which ones suit u is to probably drive or hitch a ride in a rolla that has coil overs first. That way you can understand or get the feeling of the spring rates etc... and whether or not your kidneys can hack it . Have you considered konis yellow + spring combination as well?

BangN gave me a ride in his stivo and i totally feel in love with coilovers :yahoo:

Sorry to hijack thread but I've got a question with a spring + shocks combo...

I dont really wana spend like over $1k for shocks which are what Koni's are... so is it k to go with like a non-adjustable set e.g. monroes or peders or somethin

I have a set of Tein coilovers in my corolla, although i cannot compare them to Cusco's, D2's of G4's, in my opinion they are a very good coilover. They have the ability to be very very tight and very sturdy and gives you the choice to have any ride hight desired, my only problems are they can be bouncy and uncomfortable on bad roads. The front seats are ok, but my passangers fight for the front seat because the rear ones are very painful. Then again i bought them for a specific purpose and for myself not my passangers. I also choose Teins because they are locally distributed (e.g. Fulfrum Suspension) and offer services to rebuild the coilovers, where as this is not available for Cusco's.

On another note, $3000 for Cusco's Zero2's is to expensive, i was quoted between $2200-2400. As for Teins they are around the $1700-1800 mark.

I dont really wana spend like over $1k for shocks which are what Koni's are... so is it k to go with like a non-adjustable set e.g. monroes or peders or somethin

you could go something like a 50mm drop with KYB shocks man.

you could go something like a 50mm drop with KYB shocks man.

onli really wanted a 30-35mm drop bt iv heard on hear that if u just change the springs ur stock shoks will b gone in no tie flat

I have a 35mm drop on stock shocks and that's fine. They'll wear out a little bit more but not much. 50mm isn't too bad either to be honest, but that's why I recommended different shocks.

50mm drop looks way way better IMO. 35mm still makes mine look like a 4x4. 50mm isn't that low where you'll be scraping everywhere. Just have to be careful tis all.

I have a 35mm drop on stock shocks and that's fine. They'll wear out a little bit more but not much. 50mm isn't too bad either to be honest, but that's why I recommended different shocks.

50mm drop looks way way better IMO. 35mm still makes mine look like a 4x4. 50mm isn't that low where you'll be scraping everywhere. Just have to be careful tis all.

ya i wantd to but insurance r bstrds + iv got LOTS of speedhumps in my area

Insurance? You're with the NRMA aren't you.

Speed humps haven't been an issue with the coil overs on for me - when first installed BB's Garage (BangN) left the previous ride height of 10cm off the ground..

YDOIT4 - it really depends on how much money ur prepared to spend $1200 - $1500 puts u in D2 and G4 country, where as if you go slightly higher, Tiens and Cusco's will be achievable. I guess you could always shop aroudn for a second hand pair? Mine are second hand, which i got for $850 - Pippy may be able to sort u out? Yahoo Japan auctions also have a few. Good luck

G4's are better on your kidneys as they are a softer rate, that is about the only difference.

G4's are $1400 from JustJap and are 36-way damper adjustable, pillowball mounted, camber (i'm sure) and ride height adjustable as well obviously.

on that... G4s are the same rates as D2, though you can choose the spring rate you want when you buy them.

They are also 24 way adjustable as opposed to the 36 ways on the D2 (ie you get 2 more turns of the dial)

no my cousin was n they cancelld his in surance 4 lowerin too far + gave him a lecture lol ( i jus assumed insurance companies were all the same)

I dont mind paying up to 2k-2300 or so im not going to be unreasonable i no cuscos are the ones to get they are the $hit but if the price is unreasonable then yea i will go for 2nd best if i REALLY have no other choice but wanted some opinions on other options first before i think of going 2nd best option

i just need that partnumber so i can get serious prices from ppl as a guy told me that the cusco zero 2 are jap spec and they wont fit the auzzie model

im like but their is about 5 guys i no at least who have cusco zero 2's and they dont have an auzzie spec

hes like " ohh ok then give me the part number and ill get a price"

So part number is #1 priority hehehe :yahoo: lets go cusco lets go :yahoo:

prey you dont bend or break a cusco, as you will be up for a new set if one breaks or your damage it. Driving a car into the gutter is a good example of an accident that will require a full new set of coilovers, not to mention labour charges of un-installing broken items and re-installing new items.

Go the teins.

no my cousin was n they cancelld his in surance 4 lowerin too far + gave him a lecture lol ( i jus assumed insurance companies were all the same)

what I don't get about NRMA is even though the car is legal (higher then 100mm at lowest point) they will still not insure you for dropping more then 30mm (30mm is very different on different cars)

I dont mind paying up to 2k-2300 or so im not going to be unreasonable i no cuscos are the ones to get they are the $hit but if the price is unreasonable then yea i will go for 2nd best if i REALLY have no other choice but wanted some opinions on other options first before i think of going 2nd best option

i just need that partnumber so i can get serious prices from ppl as a guy told me that the cusco zero 2 are jap spec and they wont fit the auzzie model

im like but their is about 5 guys i no at least who have cusco zero 2's and they dont have an auzzie spec

hes like " ohh ok then give me the part number and ill get a price"

So part number is #1 priority hehehe :yahoo: lets go cusco lets go :yahoo:

Dave the people to contact are JDM Yard... you will not get a better price (except perhaps through greenline, but then you need to worry about import tax yourself)

what I don't get about NRMA is even though the car is legal (higher then 100mm at lowest point) they will still not insure you for dropping more then 30mm (30mm is very different on different cars)

yea i noe... lol but the lady stil gave my cuz n his mum n earfull ova the fone (some1 who took their job wayyy to seriously :lol::lol::lol: )

Edited by grima88

on that... G4s are the same rates as D2, though you can choose the spring rate you want when you buy them.

They are also 24 way adjustable as opposed to the 36 ways on the D2 (ie you get 2 more turns of the dial)

That's right sorry guys. I had a feeling the dampers were different but was sure they were the same.

Your cousin obviously lowered it further than legally allowed if they gave him a lecture man. 50mm is perfectly legal, you're still 130mm odd off the ground with that I think (100mm being the limit).

The NRMA will only allow you to lower 30mm from the factory ride height otherwise you'll void, as they are morons :)

good point black200, that was another reason why i got my teins.

that was the reason I got G4s, every piece can be individually replaced if need be, and the aftersale service I have received is second to none. The guys at Just Jap are great and know my car well now :P