Tein Coilovers or Cusco zero-2 ????

YDOIT4

if you dont like your springrate, you can get whatever rate springs you want in whatever length you need from kings in their prosport range for $50ea

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as shao said mate, if you want better cornering without jeopardising ride (or paying through the teeth) your best bet is something like konis+prosport king springs (selectable spring rates) + sway bars. You won't scrub, ride will still be good and cornering will not be too far off a fully decked out ride suspension wise.

anyhows, my analysis of G4's - I run mine on around 66% dampening (100% being hardest dampening)

performance - 8 - they handle really well i think, but if i had my choice over i would have gotten softer spring rates (i have 7/5 and its too hard for the crappy roads around my way). I have swaybars as well...the only issues i have in handling now is my crappy tyres and their lack of dry traction/sidewall flex.

comfort - 3 - coilovers are not comfortable and as others have said...its generally if you want more performance your ride is going to suffer and vice versa. That being said i have adjusted to these well and i don't mind the ride anymore. I have mine pretty low though (sitting around 90mm at the front) and on certain bumps it scrubs, but you just need to avoid the dips/potholes in the road that you know will cause damage :lol:

As Dylan said earlier as well, a great advantage of these coilovers is to be able to interchange parts and of course, they are pretty cheap!

Ok after looking around and getting some prices i found the cusco zero-2 for 2500 from japan shipped to my door

So i will be ordering it tomorrow when i go into the bank and deposit the cash

So now i need to get them installed

Anyone know anywhere or anyone who can install my cusco Zero-2's ?????

:whistling::whistling::whistling: Anyone want to volunteer B) B)

Ok after looking around and getting some prices i found the cusco zero-2 for 2500 from japan shipped to my door

So i will be ordering it tomorrow when i go into the bank and deposit the cash

So now i need to get them installed

Anyone know anywhere or anyone who can install my cusco Zero-2's ?????

:whistling::whistling::whistling: Anyone want to volunteer B) B)

PM Bul (xoom) ;)

• 4 months later...

so has anyone had any experience with the TEINs for the corolla, or do you all just rubbish them without experiencing them first hand?

That's a good point haha.

Mate there is a fella on here with a rolla who was running Tiens, but he's dissapeared :(

Might try and hunt him down actually...

i know someone in melb sportivo using tein coilovers. bangn knows him too. i can find cusco zero 2 for under $2k so i would probably get them since tein would cost more.

so has anyone had any experience with the TEINs for the corolla, or do you all just rubbish them without experiencing them first hand?

That's a good point haha.

Mate there is a fella on here with a rolla who was running Tiens, but he's dissapeared :(

Might try and hunt him down actually...

I'm still lurking around somewhere.......

The teins for corolla is not too bad...handles pretty well and is also quite comfortable...the spring rate it came with was 3kg front and rear..but u can request for harder spring....i ordered it through fulcrum suspension...pm me if u want any more info

i know someone in melb sportivo using tein coilovers. bangn knows him too. i can find cusco zero 2 for under $2k so i would probably get them since tein would cost more.

Teins arent over $2000, and are cheaper than the Cusco Zero-2's. Sets can be bought for $1600 roughly.

Edited by ar44

Teins arent over $2000, and are cheaper than the Cusco Zero-2's. Sets can be bought for $1600 roughly.

Not the ones we're quoted for here in Australia lol. They are a hybrid of SW/SS. I was quoted $2200 and $2000. They would not go lower.

yea my tuner at

Tunehouse

he sells tiens he is a official seller of tien so id say have a look with them and see what they can quote u on i had them priced between the average 2k -2400 installed but im sure you could get it somewhere round there if you ask nice enough lol

The guys at tunehouse where ****** at me when i got the cusco's they said why would u want a jap suspension on a aussie car our roads are sh#t here compared to jap and the cusco's are to hard which i agree our roads suck and the cuscos do have trouble on some bumps it feels a bit to bumpy but i dont mind it my coils are set to the lowest setting as i did some testing and my gf wouldnt get in the car anymore without holding herself down and wearing a sports bra and crash helmet before getting in the thing lol but with the cuscos on the lowest setting it is nice and cumffy now and i can still corner hard

But back to my point the guys have tiens on their cars at tunehouse and they love them they said it isnt like being on coilovers they are soft and not bumpy like all the other coilovers and really have a nice smooth feel about them id say go for the teins they are the only coilovers made that i can think of at this time in the morning that are made in aus for aussie roads so it sounds like a winner to me :D

yea my tuner at

Tunehouse

he sells tiens he is a official seller of tien so id say have a look with them and see what they can quote u on i had them priced between the average 2k -2400 installed but im sure you could get it somewhere round there if you ask nice enough lol

The guys at tunehouse where ****** at me when i got the cusco's they said why would u want a jap suspension on a aussie car our roads are sh#t here compared to jap and the cusco's are to hard which i agree our roads suck and the cuscos do have trouble on some bumps it feels a bit to bumpy but i dont mind it my coils are set to the lowest setting as i did some testing and my gf wouldnt get in the car anymore without holding herself down and wearing a sports bra and crash helmet before getting in the thing lol but with the cuscos on the lowest setting it is nice and cumffy now and i can still corner hard

But back to my point the guys have tiens on their cars at tunehouse and they love them they said it isnt like being on coilovers they are soft and not bumpy like all the other coilovers and really have a nice smooth feel about them id say go for the teins they are the only coilovers made that i can think of at this time in the morning that are made in aus for aussie roads so it sounds like a winner to me :D

mabey some people dont want a soft ride, i love my zero 2's and would buy another set without blinking an eye...each to there own, but to rubbish one of the best brands in JP for making a coilover that acts like a coilover is a little lame....sounds like those guys should have got a set of low spings and shocks.....