Tein Coilovers or Cusco zero-2 ????

YDOIT4

The NRMA will only allow you to lower 30mm from the factory ride height otherwise you'll void, as they are morons :)

nah he onli onestly droppd it like 40mm + he put 17" rims on it (it was stil completely legal)

Edited by grima88

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll be fine man. they don't care really as long as everything is within the legal limits.

I didn't go 50mm because I thought it would be too low as well, I was wrong. I want 50mm now. I shouldn't have gone 35mm but oh well.

Just don't want you to end up feeling unfulfilled like me lol

You'll be fine man. they don't care really as long as everything is within the legal limits.

I didn't go 50mm because I thought it would be too low as well, I was wrong. I want 50mm now. I shouldn't have gone 35mm but oh well.

Just don't want you to end up feeling unfulfilled like me lol

haha thanks 4 the heads up man... il hav athink abut it n c wat happens

If you can't pilot your car around gutter, holes or speedhump with ultra low height, don't lower your car. All suspension will be damaged infact. So do take care when you lower your car.

Cusco is meant to be more durable than Tein because of its Monotube suspension. Tein itself is not a bad coilover, but in my opinion the contruction design in Cusco is better and more flexible in terms of tuning it. No longer you have to sacrifice strut travel when you lower the car due to their dual height adjustments. The equivalent of Cusco Zero is Tein Flex. Higher end type coilover all runs monotube, where as the TEIN SS is still twin tube design. You can study the advantage of Monotube over twin tube design, its worth knowing before you decide to buy :)

But of course you don't have to go that far with coilover if you're not into tracking, cheaper D2 coilover is also great value for street use. G4 is the same as D2, you can read my research over Taiwan made coilover and why its not as bad as people would think.

Given that Brian has entered the room again Jared, you could always get a set of coilovers.

We're both running a set of D2's and Dylan (blue_stivo) G4's.

dont think my kidneys were built for coilovers except for DMS which i hav heard r smooth as (*sigh* if onli they werent $3k)

PS r d2's really a real bumpy ride as evry1 sais

Edited by grima88

Given that Brian has entered the room again Jared, you could always get a set of coilovers.

dont think my kidneys were built for coilovers except for DMS which i hav heard r smooth as (*sigh* if onli they werent $3k)

True man. I'm used to it from my other car. Very very stiff.

No they arn't as bumpy as every one says they are. The D2's are damper adjustable so u can fix ur car to max soft if 'comfort' is an issue - but than again max soft isn't really max soft...get me? :spiteful:

BangN's ride is on D2's street, and his settings are *MINT* - allowing u more time to focus on hard core cornering :toast: 36way adjustment = lots of time fiddling aruond to perfect ur ride .... mine arn't damper adjustable :( ...two way height adjustable Yahoo!! :yahoo:

What Danz said about piloting your car is true - you should be more cautious/attentive of the road when having coilovers, cuase all it takes is a pot hole to ruin ur day, ur ego and pre-empt a visit to the loo :whistling:

Cusco is meant to be more durable than Tein because of its Monotube suspension. Tein itself is not a bad coilover, but in my opinion the contruction design in Cusco is better and more flexible in terms of tuning it. No longer you have to sacrifice strut travel when you lower the car due to their dual height adjustments. The equivalent of Cusco Zero is Tein Flex. Higher end type coilover all runs monotube, where as the TEIN SS is still twin tube design. You can study the advantage of Monotube over twin tube design, its worth knowing before you decide to buy :)

What Danz is trying to talk about in both pictures and words :D

Just Cars will let you lower it as long as it is 'legal' ... i.e. 10cm i think ... hehe BangN just entered the house. is ur ride fixed yet? B) i miss hearing her at night, screaming along mannigham rd

Edited by RME1

No they arn't as bumpy as every one says they are. The D2's are damper adjustable so u can fix ur car to max soft if 'comfort' is an issue - but than again max soft isn't really max soft...get me? :spiteful:

BangN's ride is on D2's street, and his settings are *MINT* - allowing u more time to focus on hard core cornering :toast: 36way adjustment = lots of time fiddling aruond to perfect ur ride .... mine arn't damper adjustable :( ...two way height adjustable Yahoo!! :yahoo:

What Danz said about piloting your car is true - you should be more cautious/attentive of the road when having coilovers, cuase all it takes is a pot hole to ruin ur day, ur ego and pre-empt a visit to the loo :whistling:

Is there any1 in sydney that has street spec d2's that wants to take me 4 a drive so i can c how they feel lol ???

I really dont care what brand i get as long as they are comfortable not to hard so i dont need a kidney belt and my girlfriend will still want to ride in my car

But of course they have to have the performance side round corners as well as comfort on the daily drive

erm... why did u want coilovers, again?

But of course they have to have the performance side round corners

He said it right there :P :P :P :P

Dave im not sure other than my cusco's (which you've had a ride in) or the guys with the G4's (Dylan) and i know mish & mario have some other brand ask them for a ride but on that i dont know if there are any other brands installed around the sydney scene 4 u 2 try .... Guys ????

well my tuner can get me a lift in a different car with Tein SS installed but i mean the G4 and D2 are very similar in most ways so i guess i just need to have a ride in the dylans g4 induced corolla then i guess i will have a better feel for the difference to the cuscos to the other brands

But on that note who has been in a car with d2s g4s teins cuscos and has had ride comfort and performance at a rating of 1-10 so rate the difference between the brands in

comfort / performance vs brand 2 brand

i guess that will give a general concensus

so a rating out of 10 for comfort

a rating out of 10 for performance

what brand the coilover is

i hope this makes sense as im on this crazy detox diet where i cant eat anything i can only drink water and this weird lemon water so im sort of woozy and stuff so any moderators if u see this doesnt make sense just edit it so it does hehe :clap:

Dave im not sure other than my cusco's (which you've had a ride in) or the guys with the G4's (Dylan) and i know mish & mario have some other brand ask them for a ride but on that i dont know if there are any other brands installed around the sydney scene 4 u 2 try .... Guys ????

it just sounds like he doesn't need coilovers, that's all.

more like a set of nice springs, stiff shocks and swaybars.

:whistling:

it just sounds like he doesn't need coilovers, that's all.

more like a set of nice springs, stiff shocks and swaybars.

:whistling:

Pretty much what you had hey Master Shao?

yeh shao rocked the yellow koni's with king spring lows (the king springs have been noted to be a lil on the soft side), and c-one front sway and trd rear sway.

i got my zero 2 thru JDM Concept and the price i paid was around $2500, mind u this was a while ago and from what i understand prices have gone up a lil since then.

n e ways heres the part number for n e one thats interested

Cusco Zero 2 - 166 60L CN

Note: If u are one that likes to corner hard (i mean hard), and will hit the track and mountains frequently, than an advisable option is to specify stiffer springs when ordering ya zero 2. The factory setting of 7K - 5K front and rear respectively is a lil too soft i find.

At the height i am right now (100mm) and with 7k-5k spring rate and with setting 4 on the damper (2nd hardest) and also with a semi stripped interior, i will scrub on some corners depending on the speed in which im travelling.

However, if ya one that will never see a track or mountain for that matter, than coils might not be ya best option, as Shao mentioned a nice set of aftermarket shocks and good springs will be ideal.

But if ya still uber keen on getting coils than Tein, D2, G4 etc can also be looked at.