Mesh Lower Grill and Fog light area

Hi ,

I'm thinking of putting mesh on the lower grill and the fog light area.

Has anyone done this before and how hard is it to do?

I think the fog light area is pretty easy as the whole thing comes out but the lower grill do you have to take the front bar off to do this??

Also the Mesh from autobarn, repco and supercheap is that what most people us or is there other stuff?

If so whats the difference

Cheers,

Gazoom

ive been planning to do this too! (pippy inspired me)

mesh at bunnings is like $3 a metre or something and they have all sorts of thicknesses

in terms of getting the bumper off- the screws u can see after popping the bonnet then the bar is jst attached with a few clips.

thanks i did on a 2003 and i guess the facelift would be similar. interestingly if you look behind the front bar there are holes and clips which look like that some sort of factory part is available to install back there and in asia they get a plastic mesh!

the mesh you get at supercheap/autobarn is aluminium which is light and makes easy cutting. there are varieties like different colour and patterns the one i used was black and small mesh as i did not want it to stand out. the quickest way you can fix the mesh is by using auto silicone. good luck

the mesh from bunnings for $3 is that for gutter guard? you may like to make sure what you use does not rust or catch water stains also its easy to use something flat packed if it is rolled you will need to spend time flattening it

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=2419

thanks i did on a 2003 and i guess the facelift would be similar. interestingly if you look behind the front bar there are holes and clips which look like that some sort of factory part is available to install back there and in asia they get a plastic mesh!

the mesh you get at supercheap/autobarn is aluminium which is light and makes easy cutting. there are varieties like different colour and patterns the one i used was black and small mesh as i did not want it to stand out. the quickest way you can fix the mesh is by using auto silicone. good luck

the mesh from bunnings for $3 is that for gutter guard? you may like to make sure what you use does not rust or catch water stains also its easy to use something flat packed if it is rolled you will need to spend time flattening it

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=2419

kcorro...=I went to bunnings last night and get those clips for the upper hole....went to supercheap for the wires...can't find 200mm height...only 280mm.. :(

what did you use to secure your lower clips? :unsure:

mesh at bunnings is like $3 a metre or something and they have all sorts of thicknesses

in terms of getting the bumper off- the screws u can see after popping the bonnet then the bar is jst attached with a few clips.

Same here!

Im gonna get some mesh and get it professionally done so the mesh is moulded in flush.

Same here!

Im gonna get some mesh and get it professionally done so the mesh is moulded in flush.

Let us know of the cost and finish ayy ;) Thanks dude

Had the front bar off today to put the mesh on.

It just didn't look right.

The face lift rolla has open grooves in the lower grill where the black horizontal lines from the grill meet the front bar.

By replacing the lower grill with the mesh I found that you expose the open grooves in the bar.

May use the mesh for the fog lights still.

kcorro...=I went to bunnings last night and get those clips for the upper hole....went to supercheap for the wires...can't find 200mm height...only 280mm.. :(

lower clips you can use vacuum caps or a blob of silicone. if you can only get 280mm then you can cut it with scissors and the cut will not be seen as it will be hidden behind the front bar.

Had the front bar off today to put the mesh on.

It just didn't look right.

The face lift rolla has open grooves in the lower grill where the black horizontal lines from the grill meet the front bar.

By replacing the lower grill with the mesh I found that you expose the open grooves in the bar.

May use the mesh for the fog lights still.

Yip thats why im gonna send mine in to be done. Going to get them to shave those pieces off and fit the mesh flush.

I've done this to shadow's car.

it actually works awesome! :)

i'll get some piccys up so you guys and have a look... i don't know if it is the same as what you guys have in mind.

but Daz, if you still have the piccy i sent you ages back, maybe you can post it up too.

cheers.

lower clips you can use vacuum caps or a blob of silicone. if you can only get 280mm then you can cut it with scissors and the cut will not be seen as it will be hidden behind the front bar.

thanks kcorro!! :yahoo:

done in 15 minutes :whistling:

mesh.jpg

mesh1.jpg

Edited by 1zzfewagon