Octane Boosters

OK guys, need some for dyno day so I can finally crack 120KW, no more of this 119.8 crap :P

What are the best ones and the best places to get them?

I'm thinking of getting Nulon Pro Booster, is it any good?

I've never used octane booster before so just looking for what others experiences are.

Cheers

Nulon Pro Strength is the stuff to get, make sure you have a clean fuel filter though as it's good at cleaning out dirty ones...

You will also want to be running it a few days beforehand so the ECU can learn it's advanced ignition maps.

Edited by rollamods

Nulon Pro Strength is the stuff to get, make sure you have a clean fuel filter though as it's good at cleaning out dirty ones...

You will also want to be running it a few days beforehand so the ECU can learn it's advanced ignition maps.

another vote for this stuff.

Yeah I have a relatively long cruise on Saturday as well (about 350km from Wollongong to Terrigal and back), so I was going to put the booster in when I fill before that and it should be running sweetly for Sunday.

But what I personally found that works better is "Boost 104+, the green bottle - imports peformance boost (http://www.goldeagle.com/104plus/products.htm)", not the red or black bottle (and yes, I have tried them as well).

where can you get this stuff in Australia though?

Hey Guys..Working for a Automotive retailer,Ive sold everything from the Nulon,Interject,Fuelset,OE Holden & Ford fuel cleaner,Ive come to the conclusion The redline oils SI-1 fuel system enhancer is the go,It not only goes up five to six ron,it cleans injectors & lines without dismantling,recommended by most european & american OE dealerships,if its not in the original bottle its in a OE labelled bottle.

Ive used it on the quarter mile (ecu set at racing) & once an awhile long trips in the country &i can feel the difference in pulling power & see the difference in Fuel economy..Ive also used the Nulon Prostrength Octane booster together in race situations and driving situtaions ,alone or together thier very effective & a bonus in gaining a lil more power..good luck on the Dyno run

i didint know u ppl use octane boosters for dyno days.... no wonder i didint get so high as u ppl :blink:

Octane Boost is nothing.... I have seen several Sportivo owners up here in Brisbane secretly packing Dry-Ice down around their CAI to try and get a better dyno reading :o

Also +1 for the Nulon, I used to run it constantly when I had the 20 valve (as its ecu was expecting 100ron) and you could deffinately notice the difference when i didnt have it in...

Edited by MAP81

i didint know u ppl use octane boosters for dyno days.... no wonder i didint get so high as u ppl :blink:

Octane Boost is nothing.... I have seen several Sportivo owners up here in Brisbane secretly packing Dry-Ice down around their CAI to try and get a better dyno reading :o

why? wouldn't that increase the partial pressure of CO2 in the intake, lowering the partial pressure of Oxygen in the process, hence effectively reducing the combustion efficiency? ;)

Around an intercooler I can understand as none actually enters the intake system, just the veins of the cooler itself. Around an intake would have a -ve effect.

Why not just run C16 Race fuel, ends up being cheaper and a lot more effective, where is this dyno day at?

it's the Toymod's Dyno Day

why? wouldn't that increase the partial pressure of CO2 in the intake, lowering the partial pressure of Oxygen in the process, hence effectively reducing the combustion efficiency? ;)

Around an intercooler I can understand as none actually enters the intake system, just the veins of the cooler itself. Around an intake would have a -ve effect.

:lol: don't ask me mate I am in IT your the rocket scientist :P I think their reasoning was to cool the actual CAI piping (hopefully so it cooled the intake charge) as it was packed around the section above the filter.... whether it had any effect of not who knows....

I've also seen ice packs too!! :P

Well... there's a way around it too... try and get yourself a run as early on as you can and NOT let anyone bump you down!!

Speaking from expreience, coz a sure way to get a lower reading is if you got moved down the list so your car will be sitting there in the sun then your car will be a warm (not hot start) with a bonnet (or intake) hot enough to cook a steak! :P

:blink::huh::clap::lol: I say WTF for ! :lol:

I'd be more interested in knowing what my car actually does on its own. Octane boost I can understand and got no problem with because for the most part you're just optimising the fuel in use. But Ice around the intake is just too funny :D

I've also seen ice packs too!! :P

Well... there's a way around it too... try and get yourself a run as early on as you can and NOT let anyone bump you down!!

Speaking from expreience, coz a sure way to get a lower reading is if you got moved down the list so your car will be sitting there in the sun then your car will be a warm (not hot start) with a bonnet (or intake) hot enough to cook a steak! :P

don't worry I'll be there early as always, and Toymods are well organised with their 1st come 1st served policy. There is never any issues of bumping people unless they are not ready to run.

:blink::huh::clap::lol: I say WTF for ! :lol:

I'd be more interested in knowing what my car actually does on its own. Octane boost I can understand and got no problem with because for the most part you're just optimising the fuel in use. But Ice around the intake is just too funny :D

I think it's because it's a competition and there are prizes/trophies to be won. Hence, do as much as possible to get the highest reading.

My vote for nulon pro strength. Used it heaps and you will find that your exhaust note will burble a bit more on back off. Best results I have had using it were combined with Shell 100 octane.

Dylan another thing if you're close to being due for an oil change do one as fresh light oil will also help punch out better numbers. I got an extra 5 odd kw from one week to the next(sat to sat) on the same dyno(time the same as temp etc) from just changing my oil and that fuel/octane boost combo.

update...

I got 119.1 using a bottle of that 104+ that omn1potent suggested with Caltex 98

Bec got 117.7 using a bottle and a bit (2 successive tanks) of Nulon Pro Strength (I don't know what fuel she uses)

hehe maybe you left your aircon on, draining that ever so tiny amount of power

I reckon my headlights drained the 0.1kw that stopped me from getting 68 :P j/k