Road laws

Simo

Anyone got the low down on some resources where i can research this ****???

I got caught 40 clicks over the speed limit on wednesday and my car was unregistered, luckily i acted uber stupid and got out of the unregistered thing with a warning........ but yeh, the fine wasnt on the spot and he mailed it to me today so i was kinda thinking can they do this??? he also didnt mention if i was being filmed or not so who is to say i actually did this if that makes sense.... Also he was following me when he caught me, not stationary......... how come he dosent get a speeding fine too?? cause he followed me a good Km after i slowed down to 80 before he pulled me up

umm they'r cops... they can do wateva they want... not that i would know since i've never had any contact with local police authorities :)... the best thing is to contact a lawer specialized in those situations but he'll prob tell you that u'll get screwed if you go to court with it

which city you in would help as rules are different.

i think law enforcement can speed or you could just outrun them.

if you went to court it would be your word against a sworn law enforcer.

nah mate they can do what they like :(

only way u cant get caught is if an NSW policeman pulls u over in ACT. Then u can tell em to get stuffed.

sorry simo :(

was he the only cop in the car?

i was in the exact situation as you, cop following me for a good km till he pulled me over in an undercover car. He was the only cop in the car, I personally think he was on his way home, or way to his shift. I was doing 20km over the limit and he just gave me a warning. I think the reason he gave me a warning was he had no hard evidence to fine me, the car didn't look like it had a speed camera in it and if he offered me to look at the camera i would of taken up the offer.

Also since he was the only cop it was my word against his i guess?

isnt 40km over like immediate suspension for 3 months and a massive fine?

soo close... you wouldv ended up just like my friend... got busted by an undacover doin 45km over... his suspension was for 6 months n i think a $700 fine

40kmz over the limit?

id be b!tching if i was fined for driving 2km over the limit, but 40km - theres no excuse 4 it!

no variables would or should be considered if you are speeding that far over.

road rules are there for the safety of all drivers.

just pay it.

Just pay for it.

If I did 40km over here in VIC I would instantly lose my licence and wouldn't get a warning for driving a non-registered vehicle too.

Just be happy you still have your licence, and cop it on the chin.

Sometimes if you're followed you can be fined for more than one offence, eg speeding, not indicating etc etc.

I was under the impression that 30kph over the speed limit in NSW is an automatic suspension for 3 months.???

i believe it is 45km+

"There are licence suspension periods, similar to the minimum disqualification periods applied by a court, for exceeding the speed limit by more than 30 km/h (3 months), and by more than 45 km/h (6 months).

If police catch you speeding by more than 45km/h over the limit you may have your licence immediately suspended and confiscated at the roadside for 6 months."

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations...s/speeding.html

30 km over you will loose it for 3 months, but not on the spot ... (a friend of mind got caught, took 6 months too actually loose his licence)