Ultra Racing Strut Bar

Pumped

For anyone interested in whether the Ultra Racing Strut Bar made for 2006+ Toyotas Camrys will fit on the aurions,

the answer is yes :D

Fitting the unit is very straight forward, just takes a small tap with a mallet to allow for the strut bar to fit on perfectly

Heres some photos of the Strut Bar

Strut1.jpg

Strut2.jpg

Strut3.jpg

Strut5.jpg

Strut6.jpg

strut4.jpg

strut7.jpg

I havent had a chance to drive the car yet, ill post up my thoughts when i get the chance :lol:

• Like 1

I'm not liking how there isn't much bolt left on the strut tower for the nut to join onto. I'd be curious though to see how much of a difference the additional bracing would provide, given that the Aurion already has additional strut bracing there to start with.

In regards to a few of the questions

I bought the Strutbar from the Trader on this forum "Ultra Racing Australia"

The bar was $193 + postage

If you look at the photos where it looks like there is not much thread left for the bolt, the bolt was not done up at that stage and just sitting on,

When the bolts done up its fine

I havent had a chance to drive the car yet to see if there is an improvement

will post up my thoughts when i get the chance to drive :)

If you look at the photos where it looks like there is not much thread left for the bolt, the bolt was not done up at that stage and just sitting on,

When the bolts done up its fine

Phew... that's a relief. With the way all the photos were taken, it seemed like installation was complete by that point. Mind me; just being a bit too safety conscious there.

putting a camry's stuff onto a TRD AURION? u sure it improve cornering or anything?

tat bar is for a camry... how much R&D is put onto trd?

can anyone clear this up from my mind?

Well I guess it's effects can't really be detrimental right? He will soon find out whether or not it has helped. It's labelled as a Camry strut bar, but that's for fitment purposes. Since the Aurion and Camry pretty much share the same frame, the the bar would be a perfect fit for the Aurion. I'm sure there was extra R&D put into the TRD, but if you looks at the standard strut bracing (that is integrated into the car body), it is no different to the non TRD Aurions.

As well, if Ultra Racing was to market a strut bar for the Aurion, I could guarantee you that it would be exactly the same as the Camry one.

Well I guess it's effects can't really be detrimental right?

ummmm, yeah it can...

some people believe that putting on a strut brace makes everything better... thats not so correct... you really need to upgrade the whole suspension...

if you only touch the front and not the back, it MAY make it understeer/oversteer a lot worse...

just my 2c...

Well I guess it's effects can't really be detrimental right?

ummmm, yeah it can...

some people believe that putting on a strut brace makes everything better... thats not so correct... you really need to upgrade the whole suspension...

if you only touch the front and not the back, it MAY make it understeer/oversteer a lot worse...

this is wat i guess too..

• 2 weeks later...

:P lol no huge difference, its noticeable the front ends a tad stiffer, definately no negative effect

Havent had a chance to drive the car proper hard yet though, weathers not been the best on the weekends :(

Wouldnt mind upgrading the rear sway bar as ive found that a big help with other cars ive owned, Although the Ultra Racing RSB is only 1mm bigger then the standard one so i doubt much of a difference would be noticed?

Anyone know of other Rear sway bars available ?

• 3 months later...

thanks to Elgin (TRD Aurion Owner) we now also have Ultra Racing strut braces. Service wasnt the best but it eventually got here. i put mine on today (unfortunetly Elgin's strut bolts were a bit tighter than mine and werent able to get them all off so he was braceless for todays cruise). There is a reasonalby noticable differance, the turning is alot more sharper and responsive, the car now leans to inner tire on the corner and really sticks to the road apposed to before where that side of the car sort of rised and bubbled its way around the corner.

good mod anyway guys well worth the money!

heres some pics

post-9153-1229252598_thumb.jpg

post-9153-1229252612_thumb.jpg

Nice!! Glad to see there's a noticeable difference. I've just dropped my car off at Valley Car Clinic to get it installed ($50 installation fee to get that blasted bolt out!!!). Will pick it up later this afternoon YAY!

Next stop, rear sway bars....

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

:o $50 wat a rip...all they need to do is undo 1 bolt...

u can really notice its there when u do quick left to right swervs (as if your warming your tires)

post up your thoughts after u giv it a stick :D

Edited by eSEXSIX

thats sick!

my mate has gone to indonesia + malay, his comming back with a front and rear struts for both our cars (camry gen6). apparently cusco makes these as he told me. if you guys are intrested maybe i can organise a group buy?

thats sick!

my mate has gone to indonesia + malay, his comming back with a front and rear struts for both our cars (camry gen6). apparently cusco makes these as he told me. if you guys are intrested maybe i can organise a group buy?

Yeah.

If we can make it, count me in for both front and rear struts.

How much would that be anyway?roughly??

:P lol no huge difference, its noticeable the front ends a tad stiffer, definately no negative effect

Havent had a chance to drive the car proper hard yet though, weathers not been the best on the weekends :(

Wouldnt mind upgrading the rear sway bar as ive found that a big help with other cars ive owned, Although the Ultra Racing RSB is only 1mm bigger then the standard one so i doubt much of a difference would be noticed?

Anyone know of other Rear sway bars available ?

Rear sway bars can have a huge effect on handling, 1mm bigger will make quite a difference. They work on a fourth power principle, that is that the aftermarket sway bar^4 divided by the standard sway bar^4 will give you the difference in stiffness.

If the original sway bar was 20mm, then the aftermarket one would be (21^4/20^4) 1.2x stiffer.

I got the Front strut brace and the rear sway bar installed on the weekend and i say its made a massive improvement in handling particularly in turn in.

Body roll and under steer are also substantially reduced! It totally transforms the feel of the car i mean you can definitely feel that the car is more planted due to increased grip levels.

I also love the flat neutral balance of the car when cornering so i'm a happy campe and would highly recommend this mod - great bang for buck.

On a downside there is a slight increase in ride firmness due to the increase stiffness of the bars but it is totally acceptable for me (This is my daily ride).