TOCAU ANNUAL MEET

Hi Guys and Girls....

Heres the Itinerary as it stands at the moment.. obvioisly this will change a heap!

TOCAU National Meet, Cruise and Schedule, Contact details.

Friday.

Dinner at Dumpling House on Tattersals Lane in the city 8:00 M

Followed by Drinks next dfoor at Section 8, TBC.

Saturday

- 11:00 AM Meet and Greet Toyota Brighton

- 12:30 PM BBQ Lunch and TOCAU National Meet Stickers and Showbags Give away. (I'll a list of numbers for this guys)

- 2:30 PM Show and Shine

- 5:00 pm Head to The Garage Cafe for a Meal. The Garage Cafe has requested we arrive early to park our cars indoors in readiness for a meal.

Sunday

- 9:00 AM Meet up for the Cruise at TMCA head quarters in Port Melb..

TOCAU Nat. Meet Cruise Cruise Guide and Maps.

- 8:00 PM Dinner to be decided.

What to Bring

Your Car... or somone elses, the hire car, whatever fits the bill...

Good attitude

some clothes, unless your Name's Bill (we all want to smell the garlic).

CB radio if you have one.

SAT Nav if you wanna be a litle more idependant

Money - Bring enough cash for all fuel, food and drinks

your camera... should be some pretty things to take pictures of... cars, women, Bill.

Roll Call..

1. BKS

2. Guni

3. Jaderd

4. Kolourhero

5. thegourou20

6. Mopp (as if I would miss it)

7. lateralus (about 93% sure)

8. Jaems

9. TOYTRD

10. akuma (pm for taxi service from airport)

11. Ravvvie:)

12. osodvs

13. m_luke - it's been too long... (Nice choice for the cruise route)

14. bowler

15. webers

16. Paul TE27

17. Never

18. Soyboy

19. Trolla93

20. pimp-tivo

21.1stKill

22. Tash

23. Zoran

24. Kenji

25. Tofuboi

26. 78_7kRolla

27. Mario

28. tats

NSW.

1. xoom

2.M_M

3.Tats

4.Big Pete

5. JVN11L

QLD

1. Northy

2. DJKOR

3. Silvabullit (not 100% but about 80%)

4. Evo7

5. SuperDave

6. whitestivo

7. mick.wheelz

catergories/prizes for the saturday event:

Best Exterior,

TRD Polo Shirt, Toyota Stubby Cooler

Selleys Turtle Wax ICE Total Interior Car Care, Synthetic Liquid Polish, Synthetic Spray Detailer, Turtle Wax Hat

Best Interior,

TRD Polo Shirt, Toyota Stubby Cooler

Selleys Turtle Wax ICE Total Interior Car Care, Synthetic Liquid Polish, Synthetic Spray Detailer, Turtle Wax Hat

Best Engine Bay

Toyota Gym Bag, Toyota Stubby Cooler

Moderators Choice

Toyota Gym Bag, Toyota Stubby Cooler

Members Choice

TRD Racing Jacket, Toyota Stubby Cooler

Runners Up will recieve a Toyota Cap, anda Toyota Stubby Cooler.

The big Prize, the TRD Jacket is for everyone attending on the day to decide. Worth over $150, thought it was best it was the public vote.

In the event there are Equal votes for more than 1 car, then the Moderators will decide the Winner.

now get cleaning guys!!!!

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brennden (SB) would be the best to talk to mate.

The sponsors were mainly contacts that SB has up here in the industry, a toyota dealer, CES, etc etc

Flick SB, Azza or Northy a PM mate, they had a fair bit to do with it.

Just wanted to start off some kind of sounding board for the next national meet.

Would love for it to be held in Melbourne next... and after a few brief discussions with Mario, Zoran and Jarrod (who attended the last national meet) theres no reason why we cant facilitate the meet here.

Just wanted to ask a few questions of the organisers of the last national meet....

1. Where did you suggest the interstate attendees should be accomodated? were they billited out? or was it more of a "organise your own accomodation" type of deal.

2. Did you have awards? who judged them? moderators?

hey mate,

1) accommodation was kinda bulk organised either SB or M_M sorted it out .... not sure ...... either way basically he or one of the guys ducked into the local F1 and highlighted we were organising a group sortta booking but had numbers kinda sorted from memory ...... then each of the interstaters rang the f1 themselves and let them know they were part of the group and it was sorted accordingly.

2) Yes there were awards ..... different awards had different judges ..... so there was awards chosen by those @ the show vs the sponsors chose a winner or 2 etc etc .....

Plus they had sponsorship

yep SB used the gift of the gab to talk a lot of places into contributing even getting a toyota dealership to give up some parking space for the show to happen .......

Effectively guys what needs to happen is a lot of ringing around and lots of discussions with business, people in the industry etc etc if ur going to want to make this happen and happen better than the QLD one ..... So come on fellas from down south .... pull the finger out and get to it ;) ;) ;) ;)

Canberra would be great.

For the QLDers that would attend, we can crash my little bro's house in Trangie NSW (bout an hour west of Dubbo) at half way (or thereabouts), I will tell him to get the beers on ice, plenty of parking and room to crash etc. Maybe I should let him know . . . . . . nah, that wouldn't be any fun. :D

JC

I think it's only fair that it be held in Melbourne.

The guys from Melbourne made the effort to drive to Brisbane this year.

... I don't mind where it is. I just thought the decision was already made to hold it in Melbourne. :(

i agree!!

we can have one of our monthly cruises down to canberra too late to organise a day trip in september down there but as the weather warms up i would love one last sunday of october as i will be on annual leave. but about the annual meet it is locked into being at melbourne next year!! that and i need to visit the cadbury factory :P spirit of tasmania here i come :D

anyone else up for a drive?

Since we have a growing group from WA I feel the WA people should organise a rival meet, East v West coast. That way it might encourage people to attend so that those smelly <insert opposite cost here> don't beat them :lol:

If the meet is organised around some track days in Vic I will defiantly be there! As for the QLDers, I've no idea the costs involved in booking out a car carrier, but thats an option instead of driving for 2 days there and again on the return leg.

Since we have a growing group from WA I feel the WA people should organise a rival meet, East v West coast. That way it might encourage people to attend so that those smelly <insert opposite cost here> don't beat them :lol:

If the meet is organised around some track days in Vic I will defiantly be there! As for the QLDers, I've no idea the costs involved in booking out a car carrier, but thats an option instead of driving for 2 days there and again on the return leg.

good luck to them.. haha...

WA is a helluva long way away!

now someone is speaking up :P hahaha.. who wanted us to drive all the way to brissy!! hahaa

actually on that note.. i prob would be able to make it to the national meet if its in melb/syd next yr.. planning a trip down that way anyway but dont make it on an exam week again haha..

now someone is speaking up :P hahaha.. who wanted us to drive all the way to brissy!! hahaa

actually on that note.. i prob would be able to make it to the national meet if its in melb/syd next yr.. planning a trip down that way anyway but dont make it on an exam week again haha..

OMG... u serious?? man... should make a cruise thre.... lols... anyone else from tocau.wa wanna come? :D

Perth is the most Isolated city in the world ie: there is no capital city that has that much distance from another major (capital) city.

on a side note... I contacted Toyota Motor corp today for a sponsorship deal... will keep you all posted.

yes and we dont need to be reminded about tht. I assure you that we get a lot of that already! SUCKS!

If its in Melbs, then i'll be going. Whether i take my car or not, is another story, but irrespective of that theres a good chance ill go.

In the mean time, i may aswell suss out cost involved in respect to transporting the car(s)

I guess, sooner or later W.A. has to have their turn to hold a national meet, but we'll save that for another time!

If its in Melbs, then i'll be going. Whether i take my car or not, is another story, but irrespective of that theres a good chance ill go.

In the mean time, i may aswell suss out cost involved in respect to transporting the car(s)

I guess, sooner or later W.A. has to have their turn to hold a national meet, but we'll save that for another time!

good call jayme..

and we promise you guys........ that you guys wont be dissapointed... LOls.... xD

2009 the National Meet will be in Melbourne. Mods have already decied that it will be there and some have already started some preliminary organisation. 2010 it will more than likely be in Perth/Adelaide perhaps.

You guys do have a lot of work to do. Trust me on that one. I started organising the Nat meet this year in november 2007. So near enough to 8 months of phone calls, visits to potential sponsors and sussing out locations for events to be held.

Plus trying to get some of the slack people to actually commit to coming nearly a year in advance. Book your holidays and don't use work as an excuse. I booked my holidays december 2007 knowing I would need the thursday and friday before the weekend to finish things off and pick stuff up. Not a hard thing to do really.

If any of the Melbourne crew want some insight/info about what has to be done then drop me a PM. Happy to help!!

I was implying the WA people hold their own meet at the same time as competition. Gives them something to do and keeps them off the streets :P