diy jdm style tail lights

T.J

um guni the car i did this tech guide on was a pre facelift the ones jaderd has done on his are facelift so the pre facelift is easy

Prefacelift easy ?............upgrade is heaps easier.......socket already there.......only work is one wire soldered to two points and one hole cut thats it......and best part when globe blows, pop out socket plate and change globe just like stock......bit easier than silicone etc

either setup you have the end result is the same..........good looking taillights

Edited by jaderd

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have already done mine on the pre-facelift too, used a whole bunch of duct tape instead of silicone.

still holds just as good i rekkon

When cable ties & WD40 dont do the trick, there is always duct tape :)

um guni the car i did this tech guide on was a pre facelift the ones jaderd has done on his are facelift so the pre facelift is easy

But don't you have to silicone the bulb holder in or something? Doesn't that make it a little more "messy" or "painful"?

But don't you have to silicone the bulb holder in or something? Doesn't that make it a little more "messy" or "painful"?

well its either that or cutting slots to hold the holder in

• 2 weeks later...

Really makes your car stand out amongst the rest of the corolla's floating around the streets. Especially when you rock up next to a few at a traffic light~ It makes you stand out from them. =)

and for less then 8 dollars (assuming you have a solder iron already)..? come on! hahah :toast:

• 1 month later...
Really makes your car stand out amongst the rest of the corolla's floating around the streets. Especially when you rock up next to a few at a traffic light~ It makes you stand out from them. =)

and for less then 8 dollars (assuming you have a solder iron already)..? come on! hahah :toast:

what i found hard to find was the bulb housing for pre-facelift..

where do you find bulb sockets?

or is the local auto electrician the only way to go..

Autobarn

haha no autobarn for the westie.. prob have to check out repco and supercheap

Hey guys,

I would really like to do this mod, but i wanted to ask, how do we remove the tailights? cause i think mine is stuck in with some sticky stuff, i dont know, but any help would be good :D

Evo

Edited by Evo7

Hey guys,

I would really like to do this mod, but i wanted to ask, how do we remove the tailights? cause i think mine is stuck in with some sticky stuff, i dont know, but any help would be good :D

Evo

LOL held on "by sticky stuff"

there are 3 bolts on the inside of the car... you'll have to undoe them... its fiddly but they are there... 1, 2, 3, of them

Hey guys,

Evo

there are 3 bolts on the inside of the car... you'll have to undoe them... its fiddly but they are there... 1, 2, 3, of them

:help: what size are the bolts in mm btw.. im thinking of giving this a go soon aswell..

Hey guys,

Evo

:help: what size are the bolts in mm btw.. im thinking of giving this a go soon aswell..

Pretty sure it was a 10mm socket that you will need.

just as long it doesnt involve a bulb falling inside the housing, then it should be all good.. had to do that to my dads camry the other week and that was an experience i wouldn't want to relive again <_<

Hey guys,

I just took a quick look at the light fixtures, and BKS, you are right :D

But is there anything else that would be holding these lights in, cause i want to be able to do it by 1 weekend?

I have located the bolts, so when i go to take them off, should i do it slowly so i dont lose any bolts?