Your suggestions

well for the past year or two, been thinking and researching to put are 2zz in a starlet, well i ve made the decision to go ahead and do it

ill be doing all the work , along with my bro, fitting the engine is going to be tight but it fits according to our measurements

now his the question

1. sould i use the complete corolla harness along with the dash cluster

2. or use the celica harness with the dash cluster

3. or wire it in by a pro

i will be running power fc, along with abs and power options

so basically looking opinions and options

cheers

Edited by ralyrt

well for the past year or two, been thinking and researching to put are 2zz in a starlet, well i ve made the decision to go ahead and do it

ill be doing all the work , along with my bro, fitting the engine is going to be tight but it fits according to our measurements

no his the question

so basically looking opoinions and options

cheers

what car do you have more info on? the celica or the corolla?

no his the question

so basically looking opoinions and options

cheers

what car do you have more info on? the celica or the corolla?

If you dont really care then go with the Celica as with PFC tuning should be a lil easier and you don't have to start from scratch. Mate this thing should fly!!

use a corolla engine harness, dont worry about the dash harness etc. The corolla harness gets the ECU in the right spot in the cabin, the celica harness requires lengthening by quite a bit.

Modify the corolla engine harness to "plug and pray" into the starlet body/dash/fusebox harnesses, then retain the stock dash cluster and modify the starlet tacho drive board to suit the 2zz igniton.

The exhaust clearance between the steering rack and driveshaft is tight, but will fit with some custom headers. If you use the 2ZZ drivers side shaft with intermediate shaft it makes things a little easier as the shaft is static near the exhaust. If you use the starlet C series 1-piece shaft then the clearance gets tighter.

It's a good swap with only 1 custom mount required at the timing cover, and a slight modification to the starlet's top gearbox mounting plate to bolt up to the C60.

mechanical side, im not worried bout, engine mounts will be all custom,ill be using 4 mounting point not the usual 3, if i use the stock mounting point then the engine sump sits too low the gound, so ill be raising the engine, cv's will be using the corolla sportivo ones,will be mixing and matching with the starlet and mr2,

brake master cyclinder has to be shortened as the head hits it, so the solution is, using the mr2 spyder one as its short by about 1", exhaust will be custom

as for wiring i dont wanna use the starlet cluster, so its either corolla or celica, im leaning towards the celica cluster, but as the ecu is in the engine bay,

cant i just use the celica dash harness and corolla engine harness

from what i understand the corolla has abs,

and the celica doesnt have it in there base model sx, but does in the zr.

its easier to get the sportivo harness than getting a zr harness.

cheers

use a corolla engine harness, dont worry about the dash harness etc. The corolla harness gets the ECU in the right spot in the cabin, the celica harness requires lengthening by quite a bit.

Modify the corolla engine harness to "plug and pray" into the starlet body/dash/fusebox harnesses, then retain the stock dash cluster and modify the starlet tacho drive board to suit the 2zz igniton.

The exhaust clearance between the steering rack and driveshaft is tight, but will fit with some custom headers. If you use the 2ZZ drivers side shaft with intermediate shaft it makes things a little easier as the shaft is static near the exhaust. If you use the starlet C series 1-piece shaft then the clearance gets tighter.

It's a good swap with only 1 custom mount required at the timing cover, and a slight modification to the starlet's top gearbox mounting plate to bolt up to the C60.

Plug and pray eh?? Is it that risky??? :toast::toast::toast: Maybe buy some holy water as well :lol::lol:

Good luck with the conversion ralyrt. Should be fun to drive when it's done:)

• 2 weeks later...

geez kind of sux not have a computer for 2 weeks(dam virus)

i really wanted to start this but working everyday on the holidays aint fun

project should start around mid june as im still collecting parts

u ask why a starlet??

well why not, is light, its a toyota and i have a sh*t load of experience with starlets.

i am on toymods as blue stivo point out

will keep everone updated

cheers