I Regret to inform you all.

Were you having a lot of problems with your 04' Feb. built Stivo mate otherwise i cannot see why you would want to swap a 6 month old Stivo for another 04' Ausgust Stivo? Maybe for another car yes but for the same car? :huh: Unless it doesn't cost you a single cent for the swap. But you would now have to go through the running in process again! Anyway, its your car and you are still a Stivo driver which is always good to hear.

Btw you said the New Stivo will cost too much and leather is option. Is that a fact and do you know the rrp for the new Stivo next year as a friend of mine is thinking of getting one next year.

Cheers,

Zee

The last "old style" Silver 2004 plated vehicle in the country.

Hmmm, not true. Northpoint Toyota (SA) has had one on their lot for 4 months, awaiting recall parts.

Was still there on Friday, waiting for an owner. Maybe not as new as yours, but still a silver "old style".

Hmmm, not true. Northpoint Toyota (SA) has had one on their lot for 4 months, awaiting recall parts.

Was still there on Friday, waiting for an owner. Maybe not as new as yours, but still a silver "old style".

not to mention i saw one at Auburn (i think it is) Toyota on Parramatta Rd near homebush the other day.

The Toyota Corolla Sportivo is the best bang for you buck vehicle, and also the ones with the most features. And that's why I bought another one.

I have considered other vehicles, such as the SP23, Focus, Impreza, 206 GTi180 etc; and having heard their horror stories, the Stivo has far less issues.

Then again the HSV R8 and Commodore SS came close, but with their problems of oil leaks and pre-mature detanation of their engines, rear tyres wear out in 20,000klms. No thanks.

I will keep my lovely new Sportivo, and will be buying another vehicle in the next 12 to 18 months, a Honda Civic Hybrid, and the Stivo will be right next to it in the same garage.

If I had money, I would keep the current one I have, and have two.

Honda Civic Hybrid is cool! I want one too but there was none at my dealership today when i went in to have a look. Considering getting one in the very near future. It is cheap too for a Hybrid and its a Honda Civic! I think it is a better hybrid as compared to Toyota's Prius. Not just in price but also in looks and handling (double wishbone) plus Honda cars are almost fully reclycable if you are really green :D

Rang them, Build 2003, Compliance 2004.

OK, I stand corrected. I was however just repeating what one of the (obviously lying dirtbag) sales guys told me last Friday - that the car on their lot was 4 months old (i.e. complianced around May). Clearly that car has been kicking around longer than he suggested.

Anyway, I'm all for people upgrading every 6 months. Keep up the good work.

Why? Because I can, and the new one will cost a lot more, and leather becomes an option.  Looks dreadful.....

Just wondering where you found out this information?

If toyota is going to bump up the price an have leather only as an option then im really going to reconsider purchasing a new one :(

All the information ive been hearing says that toyota are only going to increase the price a little but keep all the key features of the old model....

Great to see you have taste as I :D my SILVER Sportivo Build 06/03 Compliance 08/03 (the month I picked it up)

Hi I'm new to the site only really got looking at the site to see what the recall was all about. But now i'm hooked can't send messages from work but always sneeking in to read what's happening Keep up the good work.

well, last one, was on the same boat as mine... april 2004 but compliance for mine was may 2004, your may have been held back after unofficail halt to delivery by toyota australia.... last compliance through... congrats and silver is great... same as mine.. you cant beat class

hey sport1vo, good choice! i'd deposited and now waiting for my new rolla'stivo to arrive! the guys from the 2 dealers that i went to told me that it'd be here around Oct/Nov so hurray, no next year bs :) :P as for the price, it'd be a tad increase, prolly in 'hundreds' and Quicksilver was right, leather is "standard", thanks ***! i just wish that we can choose our seat color tho! damn, dark colored seat with my black stivo! :( off the topic, is black a right choice? i heard that u'd take extra care and regular cleaning to make it look decent! :unsure: damn the waiting is killing me... :ph34r:

Black is THE choice for me :ph34r:

It is like a really nice chick: high maintence but wicked to look at :D :D

Silver with black windows is a really classy look, and heaps less washing (hides the dirt well) ;)

Depends on what you are after, I don't regret getting black :D and when you give it a nice polish :o

As far as extra cleaning goes, if you dont need it absolutley mint, a trip to the car wash and a blast with the suds gun, followed by a rinse (NO BRUSH) keeps it neat, with a wash every couple weeks.

blackzze, thanks for the tips! so i have to be more active to make my future black stivo look nice! the idea of washing it every fortnight kinda freak a lazy guy like me out! :P oh well, i guess i shoulda treat it like a nice chick eh? :D oh and hell sure u aint regreting for turning black, ur nick says it all :lol: