Took my Aurion to The drags

man the .1 of a sec diff for us is fuk all...in a 100m race from the lights there will be nothin in it.

i plan to not go again unless u or someone else betters my time....then ill be back for another shot ;)

It's the bragging rights that make it all that more worth it :lol:

Don't worry, you'll need to head back again once I beat you. I'm only going to take one more night at the drags though until I get some new front rotors and pads. On the last run yesterday, I'm sure they weren't too happy.

... and then with those new rotors and pads, I think it will be time to set a benchmark at QR.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good times. Begs the question though as to what else can be done to the Aurion to make it quicker? Any companies making extractors for them? How about adding an LSD to the differential (or is it somehow built into the transmission hence not being viable)? I reckon with intake, full exhaust (including headers), and possibly a LSD to improve launching would see the aurion dip below the 14s.

Very good times. Begs the question though as to what else can be done to the Aurion to make it quicker? Any companies making extractors for them? How about adding an LSD to the differential (or is it somehow built into the transmission hence not being viable)? I reckon with intake, full exhaust (including headers), and possibly a LSD to improve launching would see the aurion dip below the 14s.

as i said before, no not really. a full exhaust with extractors will get u max .2 i would think. traction is not a problem there when its green u just put ur foot to the floor. i wheelspun once cos i stalled it up to high. the_random_hero member on here can do extractors/headers for the aurion but LSD isnt avaliable and wouldnt help at the drags only on street

The actual exhaust itself isn't the problem - it's that front section of pipe and the three cats the car has! I reckon the most you're ever going to get from bolt ons and a bit of ECU work would be around 20kw@wheels (speaking from a power perspective alone), but should see a nice fattened midrange. If you ran with some slicks and all the mods, you might JUST see a very high 13 second pass, which is still fairly quick for a nanna's car! :P

Awesome to see that dyno day meant squat! :D

every 0.1 you can shave off the 60ft time equates to ~0.2 seconds off the ET. So with better tyres and a perfect launch you could have a chance at a flat 14 or high 13.

Don't worry, you'll need to head back again once I beat you. I'm only going to take one more night at the drags though until I get some new front rotors and pads. On the last run yesterday, I'm sure they weren't too happy.

... and then with those new rotors and pads, I think it will be time to set a benchmark at QR.

How much does it cost to go there?

Well, after getting a 1/4 mile time that was not as satisfying as I was hoping to be, I decided to hit the strip for some more goes. This is the end result, with my third run being my best:

Run 1: 14.200 @ 99.36 mph - stalled somewhere between 1000 and 1500RPM. Brakes slipped so I just released it and floored it. I thought I was stuffed cause I messed it up... I guess not.

Run 2: 14.424 @ 99.61 mph - got a little too excited and stalled it up to 2500RPM... axle tramp cost me the run.

Run 3: 14.131 @ 99.29 mph - stalled it up to 1300RPM... launched very cleanly.

Run 4: 14.152 @ 98.75 mph - stalled it up to 1600RPM... tires chirped and wasted the fractions of a second.

And the time slip, even though some V8 completely whooped me:

dsc03789.jpg

nice job daryl. i think your times (and maybe mine) were alot higher last weekend is because it was still hot ish when we were racing. and racing stopped then for us just after 6. where yesterday u raced alot later 7 till liek 10 or so, so it was alot colder.

good job once again.....ur win for now bro lol

These are my results, with my 2nd run being the best:

Run 1: 14.0 @ 80 mph - 2.2 60ft just held the brake with left foot and no stalling up.

Run 2: 13.9 @ 99.9 mph - 2.1 60ft stalled it up to 2000RPM no traction control light flashing.

Run 3: 14.1 @ 99.9 mph - 2.3 60ft stalled it up to 2500RPM traction control went nuts and killed the run but it pulled hard in the top end.

Need to work on the launch. Looks like stalling at 1500RPM is the go as demonstrated very well by Daryl last night!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Rowan. This guy apparently still had the spare in his boot together with other random crap in the car. Looks like we have some work to do:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

farkin hell...i wounder what his mods are...

He didn't say before hand so we were starting to think his car was stock. I guess not:

Wait just a minute. I never said the car was "stock". It has some of the typical bolt ons, and some of my own tuning as well. nothing crazy done, I still have it serviced by Fred Haas Toyoya and if I voided the warranty my wife would be ****** (it is her car)
For performance upgrades all I've bolted on is a K&N cold air intake. I've added my own custom y-pipe (have you looked at how restrictive the factory one is). The tune is is just between me, a couple of Toyota master techs, and a friend at TRD...My wife is going to Maine and leaving the car with me for a few weeks. I'm thinking about pulling off the cylinder heads and doing some port and bowl work...I sure wish I had ordered traction control!

custom Y pipe...

does that mean his 2.4 donk is one loud mofo?

It's a 2009 Camry SE V6. Exactly like the Aurion, just in the Camry body.

From the sounds of it (as in listening to it run down the strip), he is running the stock exhaust with only that front y-pipe changed. Also as well, he mentioned that he accidentally left the A/C on that run, and this is during the day in Houston so temperatures aren't quite the coldest. This means if he can pull these times, I've (we've) got some work to do.

ah... US camry with a V6 donk...

interesting maybe the gear ratio is different?

Exactly the same drivetrain including the U660E gearbox. Only cosmetic differences.

This is the reason why we can use the US Gen 6 Camry service manual when referring to our Aurion.

thats nice...

although, i wouldnt pay much attention to 1/4mile times from other places... different tracks can yield different results...

it has a lot to do with track preparation as well... ;)

either way, a 13.8 is **** respectable.. :D

would the better drag coefficient of the Camry be enough to make say 0.1 sec difference?

its more than comestic difference to Aurion or Australian Camry, I believe US Camry SE has knee airbag and recliner seats

I believe US Camry SE has knee airbag

Well yeah, they do have that as well. I guess my statement should have been 'performance wise, the Camry SE V6 is no different to the Aurion Sportivo.

... and recliner seats

Only on the XLE which is like the Presara.