Pippy's 2002 Levin - Supercharged

Pippy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now there are 2 of us... hehehe!

Nah man, as far as i know there are 3 around, and 2 are in Brisbane including myself! :)

OK!!! Pretty much most of the mods i have covered with photos now... :)

i have reached the limits of the IMG tags... so i have just linked most of the photos.

NICE! does the water injection work well?

wat power are u making?

crap load of torque, redline 7000. Goes ok, not really aiming to be a dyno queen. :)

Hey man, nice rolla, id definately agree with the whole dyno queen thing, looks like an amazing car to be driven on the street.

What 1/4 mile times are you expecting? Mid 14's me thinks... with lots of torque and an LSD.

Hey man, nice rolla, id definately agree with the whole dyno queen thing, looks like an amazing car to be driven on the street.

What 1/4 mile times are you expecting? Mid 14's me thinks... with lots of torque and an LSD.

to be honest... i'm not expecting too much hey... the rubber i've got isn't really crash hot at sticking under stress... :P i'd be happy with mid low 14s... only one way to find out i guess! would have to head out sometime!! :)

to be honest... i'm not expecting too much hey... the rubber i've got isn't really crash hot at sticking under stress... :P i'd be happy with mid low 14s... only one way to find out i guess! would have to head out sometime!! :)

rubber isnt that important if ur not running big power figures,,,, ud start to think about rubber once going over 120kwatw...

but if u ask me id say a low to mid 14....

definately nice work.

Keep us all posted...once again congrats on a great performance & producing (in my opinion) a fantastic corolla..

You have Thomas Bangalter from Daft Punk working for Purcell Performance now?! Holy crap, those brothers are epic.

HAHA!! that's a good one... :D

He calls himself wilson, from Home Improvements! the one we never see his full face... but Thomas Bangalter is just fine!!

Congrats on a nice sounding rolla, I played the youtube clip just to listen to it.

What does the modification to the throttle body do exactly?

Whitestivo

basically reduces the bottle neck for the intake. :) not a huge improvement, but just not a very common mod. bit more popular in the US.

Just imagine comparing 2 pipes... one's straight and one with a smaller section in the middle... the straight would more than likely flow better with less turbulence. :)

He will need good rubber for a great launch, no doubt the LSD, as well combined with the engine mounts. I think you'll be aiming for a flat 14s to be honest.

possible, but requires a machine of a driver

He will need good rubber for a great launch, no doubt the LSD, as well combined with the engine mounts. I think you'll be aiming for a flat 14s to be honest.

possible, but requires a sex machine of a driver who's name is Pippy

I think we should start calling him 'Zippy'

I'm rather impressed. A long time this has been in the works for? All worth it.

well done mate! looks great and must drive like a dream :D

got a few questions for you.. i spoke to someone about the car and you're using the 2zz injectors? whould it be worth upgrading the fuel pump aswell for a set up like this or similar?? (mwr have the 190l/h on sale)

also where did you get the parts for the water/meth kit if you dont mind me asking?

well done mate! looks great and must drive like a dream :D

got a few questions for you.. i spoke to someone about the car and you're using the 2zz injectors? whould it be worth upgrading the fuel pump aswell for a set up like this or similar?? (mwr have the 190l/h on sale)

also where did you get the parts for the water/meth kit if you dont mind me asking?

Yeah, i am running 2zz injectors... (mmm... should put that in the mod list...) and personally i don't think its worth upgrading the fuel pump for 2zz injectors, if you are going for something bigger then definitely.

The water injection kit was bought from the US, there was a sale on ebay but i don't think they're there anymore tho. :(

try Snow Performance, they have the identical pump and with other fancy bits at a great price compared to aquamist.

ok thanks mate.. was looking at the snowflake performance one (i think thats the name of it??)

just after the real basic setup that sprays once it builds upto a certain pressure..

also what tank are you using there, it seems to fit pretty nicely?

ok thanks mate.. was looking at the snowflake performance one (i think thats the name of it??)

just after the real basic setup that sprays once it builds upto a certain pressure..

also what tank are you using there, it seems to fit pretty nicely?

haha!

Snow Performance, not snowflake... :P

my advise would to be install the injection nozzle AFTER the blower... if i had the ability to do it without hurting the cast for the TRD charger i'd definitely put the W/I after the blower (or possibily before AND after).

the tank i am using is a washer bottle out of a 92 celica (i think) it does fit nicely and has nice volume... approx 4L

thanks for the info.. im going to try with out the water/meth injection and see how it goes, but i would have to use it before the tb also because i dont really want to drill into the cast alloy..

im sure it works well how you have it set up anyways :D

• 1 month later...