Air intake mods

ELEGNT

SUCCESS EVERYONE :yahoo:

test intake got fitted today WITHOUT any engine check light...went for a quick drive and OMFG sounds sooooooooo hot and its REALLY loud!!!!!! love it

getting last few things put on it and then bracket fitted, hpc coated then it will be fully installed.....yay!!!!!!!

thank you drew

just need to post again cos i couldnt beleive how loud it was...u could hear it from the next block no worries, it WILL turn heads, sounds like vtec cos it comes on suddenly at about 4k but really deep

it would just be because the computer hasnt adjusted to it yet, like the guys said give it a bit and it wont be as loud..... :(

Edited by ELEGNT

just need to post again cos i couldnt beleive how loud it was...u could hear it from the next block no worries, it WILL turn heads, sounds like vtec cos it comes on suddenly at about 4k but really deep

it would just be because the computer hasnt adjusted to it yet, like the guys said give it a bit and it wont be as loud..... :(

Keep us posted on how it sounds after a couple of days driving. Not that my changes were extreme, but I remember changing my intake layout and it was loud as for a bit (and I then realised why it has a resonator on it), but over a day or two it tamed down, but still sounds nice.

So Drew: How easy would it be to replicate what you just did?

Slightly off topic: What change in particular would the ECU make that effectively cuts down on the noise? Is it timing or something?

Slightly off topic: What change in particular would the ECU make that effectively cuts down on the noise? Is it timing or something?

well i think its because atm it sucking way to much air because its used to the restriction of the previous setup hense the loud noise.

same happened with my exhuast, loud then soft :( cant explain that one tho.

well i think its because atm it sucking way to much air because its used to the restriction of the previous setup hense the loud noise.

Drew mentioned you had a little more kick to it after fitting it. Now if that's the case, we need to figure out how to override that stupid AI so that it will hold it like that.

same happened with my exhuast, loud then soft :( cant explain that one tho.

After a bit of driving, you get a bit of carbon build-up on the interior surfaces of the pipe work which even though may only be a small difference, seems to alter the sound.

Any pic of the setup? B)

nar not yet man just sliped it in purely to see if the engine light would come on. still bare metal, MAF hole needs to be made a tad bigger, spacers for maf need to be put on, i will then put it on again and get a bracket made up, then it will be off to get coated.

so hopefully around 2 weeks and ill have it all comeplete, u will be sure to see some photos then.

awesome man!!!

id be keen to try it on my car one day to see if the trd ecu will accept it or not... :D

meanwhile, speaking of exhaust loudness... i think mine has become louder... :huh:

very strange... :huh:

The TRD one will have to be different as Rowan can attest to - the breather is on the opposite side. I originally guesstimated the layout for the vacuum lines off a picture of yours, but turns out it's sorta wrong for the non-TRD models :P

Anyway, stoked that it works. It sounds pretty awesome, not anywhere near as bad as my car used to sound with a SRI. It's fairly noticeable when you get up into it, which Rowan was pretty pleased about :)

Looking good. I guess the dyno results tomorrow will show any changes.

I'm not sure what 00UCH has under wraps, but it will be 00UCH vs ELEGNT vs DJKOR. SecaBoy is out of the equation :lol:

So it will be something like this:

00UCH - ??? If he didn't have his car for a couple of weeks, he must mean business.

Rowan - SRI, 2.5 inch cat-back with dual oval 2.5 inch straight through mufflers, no resonator

DJKOR - Stock intake minus restrictions (stock woven panel filter though), dual Varex (2.5 inch straight through), with resonator.

I think I'm back of the pack. I hope my ECU has adapted to the thrashing I've given it over the last year.

intake gave it a reasonably deep note

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

wasnt me driving btw, cousin just got a taste of the transmission lag and hit limiter lol

but that raaaaaahhh noise is the intake

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!
Edited by ELEGNT

That sounds sweeeeeeeeeeeet ***** man! Is it finalised? When will we be able to line up to buy one? :D

Is it a short ram intake?

cheers dude...should be 100% done in the next few weeks so i guess after that if u get onto the_random_hero he will sort somethin out, maybe a group buy or something

yep short ram

That sounds sweeeeeeeeeeeet ***** man! Is it finalised? When will we be able to line up to buy one? :D

Is it a short ram intake?

cheers dude...should be 100% done in the next few weeks so i guess after that if u get onto the_random_hero he will sort somethin out, maybe a group buy or something

yep short ram

ELEGNT, mind doing 1 with the car not in motion from outside? Wanna hear the deep tone..

It sure sounds great from in and outside the car... Just wanna hear when it stays still.

So while i'm sitting here in WA wishing i lived in Brisbane i thought i'd be adventurous and try a few of these things. Replacing the Head unit and speakers is officially the most work i've ever done on a car and it terrified me (especially pulling out the back seat).

IF i buy a K&N drop in filter (learning the Lingo) can anyone tell me what model? to buy?

Would it be possible for a noob to change the upper and lower resonator himself and if so what do i do?

AM i ever gonna be able to but one of those SRI's that Random hero made and could i install it if i did?

thanks for the helping hand peeps!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-TYPHOON...sQ5fAccessories Would this do it?

IF i buy a K&N drop in filter (learning the Lingo) can anyone tell me what model? to buy?

You just need to ask for a 07+ Camry V6 K&N filter (if you order from the US, which is where I'd order mine from). If you want to be specific, the product code is: 33-2326.

Would it be possible for a noob to change the upper and lower resonator himself and if so what do i do?

Lower resonator removal is simple. Since I didn't take photos, I'll direct you to a thread over in the States that has the steps:

as promissed.. Lower Intake Resonator removal DIY

As for removing the upper resonator, you will need to make something to fit in it's place. I did so with a 22 degree bend of 3 inch stainless steel then I drilled two holes in it (one for the crankcase ventilation, one for some vacuum line) then put some rubber grommets in to seal it. Then I bought some reinforced silicone hose and joined it all up. A bit of effort to get it done, but it sounded nice afterwards.

AM i ever gonna be able to but one of those SRI's that Random hero made and could i install it if i did?

If Drew manages to replicate them and then sell them, you would be able to fit it yourself since it is that simple. I'm tempted to get one, but I've never been a fan of oiled filters.

That would do the trick. A bit on the pricey side but it is made pretty good. I was considering that as well.

what kind of price should it be?

Thanks Daryl! will remove lower resonator today and let you know how i go!

That is around the right price. I'm just saying that it is pricey when you can get one made up by the right guys for at least half of that.

That said, it comes with a K&N filter and the heat shield. Even with the price it is, I would still consider it. But it's only really for the note. It doesn't have a noticeable gain.

Hey Daryl, started raining yesterday so i decided to watch the footy instead, good weekend for west aussie teams! Anyway, will removing the resonator affect my warranty at all? should i out it back in before i get the car serviced?

thanks mate!

Hey Daryl, started raining yesterday so i decided to watch the footy instead, good weekend for west aussie teams! Anyway, will removing the resonator affect my warranty at all? should i out it back in before i get the car serviced?

Highly doubt it will affect warranty unless they can prove that removing it was responsible for damaging the engine. If you remove the first resonator, there is hardly anything it ca ndo to damage the engine, and I doubt they can blame anything on that. But when it comes to taking your money, they will think of something.

It's not a solid yes or no answer since it's hard to predict what they will say should anything happen. I would be leaning more towards no though. No point putting it back either when getting a service. They didn't even say anything when I took mine in.

thanks mate!

yes most probibly, i am coming upto my 60k service and my SRI will be coming out for sure!