08 COROLLA LEVIN ZR....""FOR SALE""

juvenile

Few weeks ago just before our monthly meet I washed the car and thought I better check the oil while i'm at it, checked the dipstick and the tip only had oil on it, yep 1mm of oil showing, not happy..

I don't understand by "1mm of oil showing", how many cm away from the mark in the tip?

and that JDM bug is cool !!

Edited by ben yip

Few weeks ago just before our monthly meet I washed the car and thought I better check the oil while i'm at it, checked the dipstick and the tip only had oil on it, yep 1mm of oil showing, not happy..

I don't understand by "1mm of oil showing", how many cm away from the mark in the tip?

and that JDM bug is cool !!

The first mark from the end is 12mm and the dipstick had 1mm showing at the tip, in other words, very little oil

The first mark from the end is 12mm and the dipstick had 1mm showing at the tip, in other words, very little oil

That can't be happening, even I track few times, not much change in oil level, I stuided about engine oil consumption, that only happens in US version of 1ZZ in early days, and a ECU fix will fix it..

What do you think is the cause? is it really Toyota guys not doing their jobs? any oil strain in your garage?

Edited by ben yip

What do you think is the cause? is it really Toyota guys not doing their jobs? any oil strain in your garage?

Toyota did their job "this time",April serviced. April to June was all good and then somewhere between end of June to Sep the oil went somewhere.. No stains, no smoke, so i'm keeping an eye on it, it's already dropped quicker than normal :huh:

6ee58abf.jpg

:yahoo:

That doesnt sound right about the oil john. I agree with Ben, because even after track last time my oil was still 3/4 full and even after another 5000km did i change it. Something doesnt sound right. Seems to be burning way too much. I drop mine every 10k and even then it uses barely any oil even if i push it a lot of the times. Hope you get it sorted mate.

That doesnt sound right about the oil john. I agree with Ben, because even after track last time my oil was still 3/4 full and even after another 5000km did i change it. Something doesnt sound right. Seems to be burning way too much. I drop mine every 10k and even then it uses barely any oil even if i push it a lot of the times. Hope you get it sorted mate.

Thanks johnnie,Toyota did my services every 20k but was more like every 12-15k and was fine, always checked it too, as I mentioned it was full before we went to QLD for the annual and good when came back then within a couple of months it vanished, topped it up a couple of weeks ago and i'll check it this weekend :huh: better be full or i'll need to start worrying...

Warranty is over so i'll be doing every 10000km, hopefully not once a week :( :lol:

Just to be different go the Weds and paint em satin black...lol you are such a wheel whore :lol:

By black did you mean pink? :lol: I've seen a set in black with red decals and red nuts too, hot

• 4 weeks later...

look hot with bbs rims. hope i can catch up with u next satursday.

Thanks, yeah hopefully catch up next week, but no more BBS, this is how it will look for the next few weeks.

e92af22b.jpg