HSC

mrs.sportivo

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is 'Band' 4/5? Is that the same as GPA (grade point average)?

eg.

High distinction = 7

Distinction = 6

Credit = 5

Pass = 4

Pass conceded = 3

Fail = 1 or 1.5 can't remember.

lols band 6 is the highest and yeah 1 is fail so its

band 1 = 0 - 50

band 2 = 50 - 60

band 3 = 60 - 70

band 4 = 70 - 80

band 5 = 80 - 90

band 6 = 90 - 100

High distinction = 85 - 100%

Distinction = 75 - 85%

Credit = 65 - 75%

Pass = 50 - 65%

Pass conceded = 48 - 50% (up to marker if this is given over a fail)

Fail = 0- 50%

So similar system I guess. Makes a 'Pass' and 'high distinction' the easiest mark to get with a 15% window :lol:

I didn't do my HSC, I was asked to leave high school at the end of year 11 LAWL

I was a bad egg

HAHAHAA wow what a waste of a year

i wasnt suppose to finish yr12 either, got expelled from 2nd school at the end of yr10 and no other public/catholic school was gunna accept me (because i got expelled twice) but LUCKYY lols i found a school who didnt even check reports or what not to get in :)

I was a bad egg

i wasnt suppose to finish yr12 either, got expelled from 2nd school at the end of yr10 and no other public/catholic school was gunna accept me (because i got expelled twice) but LUCKYY lols i found a school who didnt even check reports or what not to get in :)

And that school iss....????

Well, that's lot better compared to all-boys school...:s

Anw, HSC is pretty stupid... how can u compare different subjects with just a UAI...

With subjects gettin scales up & down... It's pretty much tellin us to choose those demanding subjects despite of our interests in anything.. :angry:

well which one ? lols

first school was cerdon college (all girls up in merrylands) got expelled beginning of yr8 LOL didnt even stay there for long

2nd school was mary mackillop college (all girls as well) and yeah started in end of yr8 (so i had like 2term holiday HAHA)

Went to Scots College... All boyz... Homos with bag pipes and Scotlands' skirts. Haha..

It sucked... Well, Not all sucked...had some funny stuff with all boyz which would never happened in a mix school..Haha

;)

Went to Scots College... All boyz... Homos with bag pipes and Scotlands' skirts. Haha..

It sucked... Well, Not all sucked...had some funny stuff with all boyz which would never happened in a mix school..Haha

;)

wow lols sounds poofterish :)

anyways - anyone care to sit for my economics test LOL with a guarantee of getting a band6 :) ill payyy yaaa HAHA

;)

anyways - anyone care to sit for my economics test LOL with a guarantee of getting a band6 :) ill payyy yaaa HAHA

if you sit for my general maths exam and get a band4 :P

;)

no thanks, i dropped 2u maths and maths all together

im not good with numbers

Remember, any mark higher than a pass is wasted effort :P

(and no, I didn't finish uni with all passes)

I did! Still got the same cert as the guy next to me ;)

:P

And he didn't enjoy much of life .... ;)

;)

no thanks, i dropped 2u maths and maths all together

im not good with numbers

damn, i suck ***** aswell :( lol but it was either art or maths and i aint doin art.11 >:(

Remember, any mark higher than a pass is wasted effort :P

(and no, I didn't finish uni with all passes)

I did! Still got the same cert as the guy next to me ;)

:P

And he didn't enjoy much of life .... ;)

damn straight... :toast:

I was a bad egg

Anw, HSC is pretty stupid... how can u compare different subjects with just a UAI...

With subjects gettin scales up & down... It's pretty much tellin us to choose those demanding subjects despite of our interests in anything.. :angry:

well, it's all weighted so that the UAI cutoffs are applicable to certain courses. It's not a perfect system but it works. No one forces you to go to uni or to pick the subjects you pick. It's all family/social pressure. Do what you're passionate about and things will work out...but don't mistake passion for laziness. I've got friends who are 27 that are still 'waiting' for their calling. :blink: focus on a goal but still do other sh*t in the meantime. That's my best advice.