0-100 in 6.8 seconds

phonsa

Having just brought the aurion and driven it over the last couple of days i can honestly say that i've been mighty impressed with the smooth power and acceleration of the 3.5 ltr.

But in my mind one thing that i had doubts on was the reported wheels 0-100 sprint in 7.5 seconds. Judging by the seat of the pants feel to me it felt more like a high 6 second potential (have owned a mildly modded WRX before) but without having timed my own run from 0-100 didn't have the facts to prove otherwise.

NRMA tests came real close.

http://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/mynr..._car_review.htm

Carpoint test did even better :)

"No surprise, then, that the Toyota took gold at the dragstrip; its 6.8sec 0-100km/h sprint out-pointing the Falcon (7.1sec) and leaving the Berlina (8.4sec) sucking dust. Remarkably, given this performance advantage, the Aurion also slurped the least petrol, recording an overall average of 10.7L/100km."

Source: http://www.carpoint.com.au/car-review/2971876.aspx

Kudos to Toyota in producing the ultimate sleeper family car thats also great value.

And that's why I love my Aurion. It has some damn hot looks which doesn't look common like the Holdens or Fords, and has the right balance between luxury, family, and sports. And with the stock muffler and intake, it is quite as well.

I remember testing out the 0-100 for mine and got 7.2 seconds. This was on a cool night and when I planted my foot down from the traffic light there was absolutely no wheel slip. Must have been a good road. Anyways, I did this with a mate who had the stopwatch and I set the speed warning thing to 100km/h. The moment the speed warning indicator beeped, the stopwatch stopped, and then I got the time of 7.2 seconds.

Toyota put in a powerful engine into a family car. The 2GR-FE is a very good engine and I don't think we've come close to maxing out its potential. Unfortunately no one has been able to hack the ECU to tune it up. There's a good reason why the QLD police use so many of them. It is fast, reliable and very fuel efficient.

My best run is about 6 flat (because of the hairdryer strapped on to the TRD's engine and K&N drop in filter), a Toyota dealer told me he has had people getting high 5s with octane booster, taking out spare wheel, etc.

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

Hell yes it can do it in 6.8 seconds, Maybe even a tiny bit faster. I did it in the 6 seconds range one night, The Aurion is definitely a proper car.

I noticed you don't get the best performance right away, It took two or so tries. The third time i floored it from 0 the tires screeched up until 60 - 65Kmph, But maybe thats not a good thing?. But it definitely did it in the 6 seconds range, I know this because i captured a video of it. Wanted to upload it on youtube but damn my phone cam is ****ty :lol:.

The conditions were mint, Night time, Cool weather. Had traction control off and the car was set in sport mode.

I hope the car can handle me flooring it. I don't floor it often, But its still not right to abuse a new car. But i dunno, Sometimes i think to myself It is a CAR, Its supposed to handle the toughest stuff!.

I think Wheels was the only media reporting above the Toyota official figure of 6.4sec

Everyone was lower. Some substantially lower.

What was Drive and Motor's Aurion 0-100 figures again?

Edited by tekkyy

There's no doubt Aurion has the best engine and drivetrain at least on the spec from all those engines but, again, every reviews I've read, they all state about handling and dynamics on aurion.

To be honest, I haven't driven Ford and Holden before so I have no clues how they feel like.

But one thing I feel inconvinient on my Aurion is I could feel the body rolling more than my previous old accord although I have sportivo one.

Maybe it's because the driventrain layout is FF and it nibbles the rating on comfy and dynamic comparing with ford and holden since they have FR layout that makes the handling more dynamic and sporty.

I really wish if toyota made the suspension a bit harder that doesn't affect on comfy or if Aurion was FR or AWD, it would even be better! :)

Apart from that, Aurion is really reliable and great car to drive.

maybe it's just me. B)

Toyota put in a powerful engine into a family car. The 2GR-FE is a very good engine and I don't think we've come close to maxing out its potential. Unfortunately no one has been able to hack the ECU to tune it up. There's a good reason why the QLD police use so many of them. It is fast, reliable and very fuel efficient.

My best run is about 6 flat (because of the hairdryer strapped on to the TRD's engine and K&N drop in filter), a Toyota dealer told me he has had people getting high 5s with octane booster, taking out spare wheel, etc.

Off topic slightly, sorry folks.

K&N drop in filter - anyone confirm part number?

I can see on the K&N website two possibilities;

KN33-2030

KN33-2052

Cheers.

KN33-2030

KN33-2052

Cheers.

Neither, the one I got was the KN33-2326 . It's marked for the 2007 V6 Camry which is the twin brother of the Aussie Aurion.

Easiest and cheapest way to get a slight power + acceleration boost especially if your engine is supercharged.

Also going a bit of topic - why did Toyota make the Aurion FWD? Wouldn't it have been better to make it RWD or AWD?

Mainly for reasons of fuel consumption, weight, and the fact that the Aurion is almost identical under the hood to the US V6 Camry. I don't think Toyota Australia had the money, research, resources or permission required from Japan HQ to go off and create their own AWD/RWD variant. Toyota Japan is still very conservative and from what I've heard TMCA fought long and hard to try and make the TRD Aurion AWD/RWD but mummy said no. Another speculation is that if the Aurion were AWD/RWD it would detract from Lexus sales. RWD sedans seem to be reserved for Lexus for now.

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

KN33-2030

KN33-2052

Cheers.

Neither, the one I got was the KN33-2326 . It's marked for the 2007 V6 Camry which is the twin brother of the Aussie Aurion.

Easiest and cheapest way to get a slight power + acceleration boost especially if your engine is supercharged.

Another option which I have is the TRD USA air filter. This is very similar to the K&N style filter. Part number PTR05-33070 and there is also a cleaning kit for it PTR05-00000-CL

post-5551-1227149310_thumb.jpg

Remember also that different manufacturers, reviewers and magazines use different testing proceedures, locations and weather conditions for their acceleration tests, so it is very common for differences of up to and greater than 1 second between best and worst (some run both directions, uphill/downhill, full tank of petrol, 1 extra passenger etc).

There's no acceleration standard like the fuel consumption tests (which arguably don't represent real-world conditions anyway, but at least they're a standard)

slightly off topic and my apologies! I do not in any way condone speeding however living in the country with lots of open roads i am hoping other aurion enthusiasts can reccommend to me a radar detector???

Dude, try http://www.delonixradar.com.au/western_australia/

Scroll to the bottom of the page for results. The rest is pretty interesting reading tho. The Valentine 1 is the best on the market as far as i am aware.

You could also try the Blinder laser jammer available from the same site.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

Some people use both...

Edited by Stealth

slightly off topic and my apologies! I do not in any way condone speeding however living in the country with lots of open roads i am hoping other aurion enthusiasts can reccommend to me a radar detector???

Dude, try http://www.delonixradar.com.au/western_australia/

Scroll to the bottom of the page for results. The rest is pretty interesting reading tho. The Valentine 1 is the best on the market as far as i am aware.

You could also try the Blinder laser jammer available from the same site.

Some people use both...

thanks for the info Stealth!! Let me know if your ever inDunsborough i'll owe you a beer!

holy **** are those devices legal?

Only if you don't get caught with it. The radar/lidar detector is easier to get away with, but the lidar jammer is a little harder. If it is a cop with a handheld unit, they may be picky and pull you over because they might suspect you have some jamming device when they can't get a reading on you. I seriously want to get a jammer and build it in so it's hard to even see.

The only reason why I would buy that is that the Valentine One is the only detector out there which is reliable. I wouldn't really trust much else. But the thing with it though, is that you are relying picking up a reflected beam to give you warning. In the case where you don't get a reflected beam and get the actual beam, it's too late as it's gotten a reading faster than you can hit your brakes. That's why the jammer would be better in my opinion. I couldn't justify spending the money on both.

please seach and read more on these stuff, there r lots of website teaching which is invisible and which are not, and which are more accurate than others.. (even forum where people volunteer their detector to b tested by cop radar) valentine is detectable for sure.. And in Vic, if you are caught with ANY radar/laser detector, $1000+ fine shove into your ****~ NOT confirm on other states.

i remember in perth, it is legal to use them..? or QLD?

i was reading lots of info on detectors.. long ago when my friend was selling his bel xrc, the best recommended for hidden choice.. The prices are getting cheaper, so if you state law allows using these babies, get one.. but the issue that DJKOR said pointed, is true about the reflecting stuff...

Yeah, detectors are still legal in WA. The idea of jammer is once the alarm sounds, you reduce speed to the legal limit, then turn the unit off to allow the police to get a desirable reading. As you can see in the clip below there is an on/off switch and an independent alarm for the jammer from the detector. Don't just keep jamming the cops until you're right on top of them, that's just plain stupid. This hint is also given by the manufacturer of the unit anyway.

Correct me if i'm wrong but this dude has a Valentine One radar detector as well.

Edited by Stealth

2006-XX Toyota: Aurion 7.42s

2007-01 Wheels: Aurion ZR6 7.5s Issue Janurary 2007

2007-08 NRMA: Aurion AT-X 7.0s NRMA Car Review - Toyota Aurion AT-X http://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/mynr..._car_review.htm

2008-07 CarAdvice: Aurion Presara 6.75s David Twomey Large Car Comparison (Ford-Holden-Honda-Toyota) http://www.caradvice.com.au/14484/ford-vs-...r-comparison/7/

2008-08 Carpoint: Aurion Prodigy 6.8s Sean Poppitt Ford Falcon G6 vs Holden Commodore Berlina vs Toyota Aurion Prodigy http://www.carpoint.com.au/car-review/2971876.aspx

2008-11 Drive: Aurion AT-X 6.9s Joshua Dowling DCOTY 2008: Best Large Car – The verdict http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleD...112&IsPgd=0

I am still missing Motor's figure

Edited by tekkyy