Super charging a zre

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking fast is a great way to attract cops.

"Mate, i saw you going fast, you looked real fast."

This thread is a crack up kids, keep it up! :) its great entertainment

if the mod doesn't make the car faster, it's rice... :P

But if the mod does make the car look fast? :-s LoL That's what secrets are for >_<

The term 'rice' is thrown around so much I must say. There is a difference between good body styling, and 'rice'.

Completely off topic as a different scenario, your girl may change her hair style, put on a different dress, etc and look much more attractive when going out. Others will look, but they won't know how well she performs.

The term 'rice' is thrown around so much I must say. There is a difference between good body styling, and 'rice'.

thats where i was getting at

these days the word rice is thrown around like we are at a wedding, no thanks to the fast and the furious and the humble folk at nissansilvia.com

you know it's true :P

Now I need to go figure out how to best install eyelids to my new corolla...

yes there is a heap of painting, or "which HID's are better?" type talk on this forum and any other forum for that matter...

but the fact remains... you do what makes you happy.

For you, and for me... to a certain extent... modifying cars implies more power/handling... comfort is often compromise as a direct result.

My car for example has its share of Rice Mods... Eyelids, Grilles, Badges, LED conversions. but hey, i was prepared to also spend the money on an engine management system that had never been fitted to a 2zz... with Excellent results might i add. i had headers ported buy a company that wasnt CES and had a 2.5" System made up with a Varex Muffler for less than HALF of a CES system.... all of which are mods that as far as i can tell arent within the regular realm of modding a Sportivo in AUS. and you know what i was prepared to spend the time and money on mistakes too... not just follow blindly into the darkness with a Group Buy on Cusco Zero 2's, because "they work"... argh....

Anyways.... this is getting way off topic here, and i will apologise to anyone who maybe offended by this post.. but do your own research and spend what you want on you're own mods... its no fun when we're all driving the same car. it seems here everyone is looking for a formula... corolla + CAI + Catback + coilovers = epic race car.... put some thought into what suits your own needs.

Back on topic.

Just saying you want to supercharge your rolla, and then asking "who will fit it?" for you is evidence of somone who doesnt fully grasp the concept of modifying an engine or the car for that matter... hence why we were discussing mods that are accessable and that make sense to somone with a bone stock ZRE152.. and like i said... upgrade the suspension... get some swaybars, get some better tyres, upgrade the brakes... and you're on the way to a faster car, Peak power is for dyno queens, make it fast around the bends and it wont matter what the dyno sheet says you pulled at 7000rpm or whatever peak on a ZRE152 is.

end rant...

I just sold my corolla because I wanted a car that is faster. Corolla's are fun, but to be honest I quickly forgot the Corolla when I hit boost in the RX7 for the first time.

totally get that... my mate drives a forrester.. and its awesome... but i like my corolla for what it is... not what it could be.

When I came around to understanding the term rice....it was.....

If it made your car look fast and you couldn't back it up with some performance that was a rice, and usually you associate that term with riceboys.....

It was offensive back then though to call someone a riceboy, dunno how people take it today though.... :ph34r:

My corolla is feeling slower with the hot weather, gonna have to chat to you soon Bill. :D

That's gorgeous BKS :) Seriously, that's an awesome attitude to adopt with a car. Good on you.

I just sold my corolla because I wanted a car that is faster. Corolla's are fun, but to be honest I quickly forgot the Corolla when I hit boost in the RX7 for the first time.

Is it "Rice"?? :lol:

If it ain't a rotor, it ain't a motor :P

*flameshield on*

:D

in my opinion, i think performance and how good a car truly is should be based on the 100-0 times, and not 0-100

anyone will get a **** load more use out of a bigger/stronger brake package than any blown engine

i'd much rather spend $1000 on getting better discs and pads than getting the intake ported or something like that. the only thing more power really acheives is how fast you can smash into something. not the case with brakes

That's gorgeous BKS :) Seriously, that's an awesome attitude to adopt with a car. Good on you.

gorgeous?? You better be a chick.

I am most def. a female, don't worry ;)

photos, or you're a boy :P

If I ever have any rice on/in the car, I'll be slaughtered by my family for wasting food.

"look at africa!" I would be told............ "Sorry mom" :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Speaking for myself here,(others might share the same view) I had a choice between a 99 wrx running 16pound which was cheaper or the sportivo....and i bought the stivo. At the end of the day, how often are you really going to race your car (safely for that matter too. at the track)

I bought it cause its cheap on fuel and its fun when you give it that little squirt every now and again, its not trying to be a 10 second car, just a fun little run around to enjoy and be comfortable in. Like someone said in previous posts, if u want a performance car, buy a performance car from the beginning.

You buy a corolla with the knowledge that they are a reliable, comfortable, economical car to own. Im not saying not to mod your car, go ahead like everyone else has on this forum but keep in mind that you'll never get your moneys worth back. Do mods to it that are worth it, that will benefit your everyday driving or weekend cruises like suspension, braking and that little bit of power gain (cai,exhaust) thatll make the car feel a whole lot better than stock.

Dont waste your money on supercharging if your gonna be an idiot and race the streets, youll only end up losing your license. Enjoy the car as it was designed for, not what you want it to be. (expect alot receive little, expect little receive alot!!)

P.s not that i dont love your car xoom, that things a beast, but youve done things the right way and responsibly.Not just some quick 10 second thought.

in my opinion, i think performance and how good a car truly is should be based on the 100-0 times, and not 0-100

anyone will get a **** load more use out of a bigger/stronger brake package than any blown engine

i'd much rather spend $1000 on getting better discs and pads than getting the intake ported or something like that. the only thing more power really acheives is how fast you can smash into something. not the case with brakes

y not have the best of both worlds ;) ;) ;)

brakes_n_turbo.jpg

hate is a strong word, but i think i hate this guy. its like baby siting a 12 yr old that wants to mod cars

\_/ The care cup is empty

come on you know it.. he will never be nice to you.. dont even bother reading what he writes.. you are wasting your time..