The Sport Grill club

Sera30

Just officially signing up for the sports grill club... if you can call it a sports grill.....

I am still heavily considering colour coding the bottom grill to be Tungsten. VF-X doesnt liek the mesh, but my opinion is that the bottom grill mesh looks better than seeing through to the radiator.

post-14100-127673287693_thumb.jpg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am really amazed with how the sports grill make the car looks ... most of you put this on a sportivo ... how will this look like on an ATX in burgundy colour ? :)

The sports grill ... do you need to colour coded it? or it is originally come in matt black?

Ingres used to have a sport's grill and his' is not sportivos. Look around the thread and see if you like it.

Sports grill originally comes in black, sort of matte. But the mesh can be varied, silver / black.

Just officially signing up for the sports grill club... if you can call it a sports grill.....

I am still heavily considering colour coding the bottom grill to be Tungsten. VF-X doesnt liek the mesh, but my opinion is that the bottom grill mesh looks better than seeing through to the radiator.

I thought we went through this already.. No Mesh, just get another line on it, so it has 2 instead of 1. Mesh with VIP grill doesn't go really well together.. <_< <_< Unless!! you get those mesh with smaller gap, and colour it. That'll look good.

I thought we went through this already.. No Mesh, just get another line on it, so it has 2 instead of 1. Mesh with VIP grill doesn't go really well together.. <_< <_< Unless!! you get those mesh with smaller gap, and colour it. That'll look good.

I am slowly starting to agree. I'm going to pull off the mesh and see how it looks. I will eventually colour code the plastic. This will probably be the 10th time I am going to undo the bottom splash guard .. grrrr.

looking good there jeff!!

so tempted to put mine back on... just unsure of the look on the white.... hrmmmm

looking good there jeff!!

so tempted to put mine back on... just unsure of the look on the white.... hrmmmm

It's good on any colour, especially real dark / real bright colours. If you wanna sell it, we might have a potential buyer. You know who you are... Step up! :toast: :toast:

I am slowly starting to agree. I'm going to pull off the mesh and see how it looks. I will eventually colour code the plastic. This will probably be the 10th time I am going to undo the bottom splash guard .. grrrr.

HT, perhaps u can use a type of sticker to colour code the centre bottom line.. it might work on yours..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Arcade-Mame-T-Moulding-18-MM-Silver-Chrome-/200436814220?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_ArcadeMachineAccessories&hash=item2eaaf7118c

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180503531958&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

HT, perhaps u can use a type of sticker to colour code the centre bottom line.. it might work on yours..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Arcade-Mame-T-Moulding-18-MM-Silver-Chrome-/200436814220?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_ArcadeMachineAccessories&hash=item2eaaf7118c

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180503531958&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Very interesting indeed. I need some more thought on this but the sticcker might be heading in the right direction.

I'm not really one for adding chrome. But if the price is right I am willing to try.

Ok. Well, here is a shop of a single chrome line on the bottom grill.

I'm still unsure. But I think colour coding the bottom grill will be a bad mistake.

post-14100-127674278378_thumb.jpg

It's good on any colour, especially real dark / real bright colours. If you wanna sell it, we might have a potential buyer. You know who you are... Step up! :toast: :toast:

whistling.gif

I am hoping to get the sport grill from Thai ... is this something that can be easily taken out and replaced? I presumed the grill comes in 1 size and fit ATX as well?

One size fits all pre-facelift. Be careful, it might be one size fits all but not all suit well. Choose wisely, the ATX doesn't look "sporty", it is a chunky family car.

I am hoping to get the sport grill from Thai ... is this something that can be easily taken out and replaced? I presumed the grill comes in 1 size and fit ATX as well?

One size fits all pre-facelift. Be careful, it might be one size fits all but not all suit well. Choose wisely, the ATX doesn't look "sporty", it is a chunky family car.

You are right ... that's why I want to check if it fits first and then decide if really suitable to atx ... also considering the other one vip2.

so amazed looking at all the nice mod aurion ...

Edited by BlueBird

You are right ... that's why I want to check if it fits first and then decide if really suitable to atx ... also considering the other one vip2.

True... But there are always body-kits. I made my car to a non-sporty theme despite of it being a sportivo. Dun worry. :D

You can check the members' rides and just to remind you, there are 2 threads here in the topic of their Favourite Aurions / GOod lookin Aurions. So yea, go through that and see if any suit your taste.

Bluebird.. if you are from brissy then u can try mine .. i still have the VIP1 grill that i used to put on my car.. and i have a new VIP2 grill for sale if u are interested in buying..

• 3 weeks later...

Met up with VF-X few days back to pick up the new VIP2 grill, remeshed with some smaller grid mesh and also meshed the bottom grill (which took alot longer than expected to get the mesh to to perfect size), but it fits pretty good now. :D

dscf0995e.jpg

dscf0997q.jpg

Edited by stedyedy

I've set my lower grill up in a similar way, but it's a different type of mesh so it's not very obvious.

Also need to get off my **** and take some shots of my new "sports" grill as well

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...