The Noob Thread!

SCO-77K

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone!! I'm Ross, new to this forum due to my taking delivery of my brand new Yaris YRX on Friday21/6/06. Was previously owner of an old but grunty Commodore V8, but due to rising fuel costs and probs with car(falling apart) decided to add to my debt balance and buy a new more fuel efficient car.

Have driven lots of Toyota's over the last 5 yrs with my work and always found them to be reliable, good with fuel, longevity of equipment and overall a good driving experience. So here I am and look forward to contributing to threads and postings. B)

Hi everyone!! I'm Ross, new to this forum due to my taking delivery of my brand new Yaris YRX on Friday21/6/06. Was previously owner of an old but grunty Commodore V8, but due to rising fuel costs and probs with car(falling apart) decided to add to my debt balance and buy a new more fuel efficient car.

Have driven lots of Toyota's over the last 5 yrs with my work and always found them to be reliable, good with fuel, longevity of equipment and overall a good driving experience. So here I am and look forward to contributing to threads and postings. B)

Welcome Ross ;) Alot of the Melb boys here are from the Western area. Enjoy your stay :D

Hi guys and gals my name is gengiz im from sydney out west and im the proud owner of a 2005 sportivo ,used to own a fto that i spent alot of money on and ended up regreting it so im staying stock standard this time .Like most guys i love speed but prefer coke and thats why i ride a supersport honda i dont understand why people will spend thousands of dollars to go fast on 4 wheels when you can do it on the edge on 2 for heaps less and the babes love it too.Im into track days on my bike and fishing alot but im down 4 any meets in sydney or whatever so dont hesitate to contact me and oh yeh if any of you need mechanical or panelbeater advice let me know i got close friends in the bizz ,hook you up if you strapped for cash.All my pics are im ny album

Edited by gengo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Im Dean from Auckland, New Zealand 40 And have a 2002 2zz Runx.

Im addicted to lift and went cold turky for a week once to do a fuel/milage test wow that was nerve racking

funny thing was the car seems more economical if it's driven quite hard which I oblige all the time.I joined the Site to get more info about CAI etc. I will post a Piccy later. Chow.

hey guys!! my names Brandon 17 years old, got a 2005 sportivo(silver) live on the Gold Coast, originally from south africa( hence why i own a south african made car haha ) i like racing holdens hahaha. yeah thats about it !!! so happy i found this site btw! spk 2 ya all sooon

BigBum... why have u not informed/introd me to these dep gai (pretty women)?

troi oi..... (oh my BEEEPPPPPP)

greedy greedy =P tsk tsk tsk

the gods will punish u for ur greediness

hey guys!! my names Brandon 17 years old, got a 2005 sportivo(silver) live on the Gold Coast, originally from south africa( hence why i own a south african made car haha ) i like racing holdens hahaha. yeah thats about it !!! so happy i found this site btw! spk 2 ya all sooon

Welcome Brandon :D

welcome brandon :lol::lol::lol:

Thank you :D

BigBum... why have u not informed/introd me to these dep gai (pretty women)?

troi oi..... (oh my BEEEPPPPPP)

greedy greedy =P tsk tsk tsk

the gods will punish u for ur greediness

I thought you had plenty of them ya pimp :P

HI ALL !

My name's Rob from Brissie.

I've recently upgraded from a 2002 Ascent Sedan to a Black 05' Sportivo.

I used to like the take-off speed in the ascent, but now i am addicted to lift !!! :D

I've joined up to get to know a bit more about these fine automobiles (and their owners) and possible mods. (I really want the CES Catback and CAI, but alas it requires money first, so it may take a while)

So far All I've done is put on a set of TRD Throwover seat covers :D

Is it just me or are these black sportivos a magnet for stone chips, I never got even 1 stone chip in my ascent.

But in the sportivo, I've already had 3 chunks taken out of the Bonnet duco and yesterday a stone hit the windscreen that chipped it, ricocheted off and scraped a line out of the roof paint. I was in a bad mood all day and still sorta am :angry:

(And no i'm not driving off-road <_< )

I do computer work for several Toyota (and many other manufacturer's) dealerships and parts / pre-delivery depts across bris vegas.

Anyways, hope to talk to some of you later.

(Hopefully i'll upload some pics of my ride later... hrrrm wonder if i can airbrush those stone chips... <_< )

Cheers!

Rob.

• 1 month later...

G'day all!

I just took delivery of a 2005 Corolla Sportivo last night...previously drove a Type-R and hoping to find out more about this car!!

Does anyone know how to remove stock gear knob? I don't quite like long-ness of it.

Hey all...... another Noobe here too !

Been trackin' this site for a few weeks checking out all the great info shared and decided to join up.

Recently picked up a Silver '02 Levin with only 30K on the clock. So far done Holotype 17's, new rubber and upgraded globes all round. Also wired in some twin air horns.....just 'cause....hmmm.....must be the left overs from a 4wd background.

Im in Sydney (north) so probably see you 'round..........(get some pics up soon when I work it out)

Cheers,

Mozz :D :D