Crappy fuel consumption

hmm i should fill up and check.. spose cruises arn't good times to check as on cruises your mainly fanging it aye? my friend invited me on an audi cruise, wonder if i should just go in his car, also someone tagged me to go on a toyota cruise but not from this site to Wisemans Ferry, lift 24/7 yo lol

o while im here quick question, i saw an oldie guy driving a 05 sportivo on old windsor rd.. he had a sticker on his boot windshield, almost looked like a lobe :huh: on a camshaft, but diff, could this possibly be a lift symbol or something, or am i just stupid and its a clothing label or something...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most ive done was 465km (fuel light only just came on) with mixed city/highway driving and never going above 2.5k rpm :blink:

This was with bp ultimate as well.

Filled up my tank til it pretty much splashed out and managed to squeeze in 41.17l which equates to about 8.8l/100km.

On average i get 8-10l/100km.

I drive an auto 1zz though so consumption for me should be abit higher than those with manuals :(

I usuall get 420-450km out of my 1ZZ-FE for city driving.

400km is a bit on the low side, but not by very much.

If you make lots of short trips, that will consume more petrol. Starting and stopping frequently generally consumes more petrol.

me so happy~ with me driving normally... just feeling the engine rev to high 2000rpm to 3000rpm.. then change gear.. has dropped my fuel economy by a good .5L/100km~ thats just over half a day~

FULLY SICK ! screw trying to save petrol by giving up the fun of driving a car~

Jacob.C

611km on 45L from a 60L tank. That was freeway driving, from the Snowy to Sydney. That's about 7.4L/100km and I would have made over 800km on the full tank at that rate. Not bad for a 14yo Celica with 400,000km on the clock. Country driving can get you some phenomenal mileage!

Edit: I just realised this is about sportivos, so maybe my info is irrelevant, I just looked up 'view new posts'

Edited by JackM

just to reiterate the rules

you kms travelled when you fill up is all that matters. this is about pusing man and machine too the limit, it's not technical, maybe not accurate, just seeing who can get to 800kms

no extrapolatinos here

i filled up the stivo last night, here we go

whitestivo

Hey guys,

Good news to report. Got the car serviced yesterday and got the sump and injectors cleaned, oil changed (to a synthetic Repsol oil - cost alot but worth it), ECU scanned - no issues. Some nuts and bolts tightened here and there.

The mechanic said my engine oil was heaps old. He also gave the throttle body a clean.

Afterwards, I filled her up with full a tank of BP ultimate and took her for a long long drive today. Looking good so far! I've travelled around 180km, mixed city and highway driving, and only a quarter of the tank is gone. I'll give you guys the final figures once the tank's empty.

Btw - my mechanic ranked the fuels (from experience):

1 - BP ultimate 98

2 - Mobil 98

3 - Shell Optimax

4 - Caltex Vortex 98 --> basically, he advised never to use this.

Cheers!

Dave.

Hey guys,

Good news to report. Got the car serviced yesterday and got the sump and injectors cleaned, oil changed (to a synthetic Repsol oil - cost alot but worth it), ECU scanned - no issues. Some nuts and bolts tightened here and there.

The mechanic said my engine oil was heaps old. He also gave the throttle body a clean.

Afterwards, I filled her up with full a tank of BP ultimate and took her for a long long drive today. Looking good so far! I've travelled around 180km, mixed city and highway driving, and only a quarter of the tank is gone. I'll give you guys the final figures once the tank's empty.

Btw - my mechanic ranked the fuels (from experience):

1 - BP ultimate 98

2 - Mobil 98

3 - Shell Optimax

4 - Caltex Vortex 98 --> basically, he advised never to use this.

Cheers!

Dave.

Wow, your mechanic definately just proved his worth.... In all of NSW, Mobil 98 IS Caltex Vortex 98. All Caltex and Mobil fuel comes from the same refinery at Kurnell, NSW. Which is owned by Caltex

well, so far so good.

got 408 and not quite at half tank yet.

got a bit carried away and hit lift, so i wouldn't say i've been driving it soft the entire time

first goal is 648, then to get to 700, then skies the limit

whitestivo

well, so far so good.

got 408 and not quite at half tank yet.

got a bit carried away and hit lift, so i wouldn't say i've been driving it soft the entire time

first goal is 648, then to get to 700, then skies the limit

whitestivo

sounds like your on track. the needle during the second half of the tank always tends to move a lot faster

Civic Type R (from Honda website)

Fuel consumption urban

(litres/100km)* 13.0L

That's because if you're not revving the tits off it, you're going nowhere :P

hahahahah!!! nice. 13.0L does sounds hefty though.

done over 300k's today from seven hills to Jenolan Caves and back, just used over a quarter of a tank, i think ill pass the 600 mark :) fyi lift alot, especially for over taking

with my zre, i get on average 7.5-8.1L per 100km, depending how much i floor it haha

I think its actually better to rev the engine one once in a while to get a better fuel eco

yeah, always granny shifting uses more petrol, something about the ecu? i think i read somewhere.

i always shift at 2.7-3k rpm, atm it seems like the best spot to shift (for my car) and maintain decent fuel consumption =)

EDIT: forgot to mention that i usually use shell premium, bp 95 and bp ultimate.

Edited by dwee.

For those who have a CAI installed - do you see any difference in fuel consumption?

yes, i want to know as well, thinking about getting one.

Just before christmas i drove to kings cliff(near tweed heads) from campbelltown.

I filled up at campbelltown with BP Ultimate 98. Along the way i was hitting about 750km and i thought, i better fill up cause it was my first time doing that distance, although i still had a quarter of a tank left.

I worked it out to be 6.5L/100km. So technically i could have made it to tweed heads(right on nsw/qld border) from campbelltown on one tank.

Pretty awesome if you ask me!

Oh and thats an 03 Stivo, with 90,000km on the clock and a CAI

For those who have a CAI installed - do you see any difference in fuel consumption?

yes, i want to know as well, thinking about getting one.

It will ever so slightly improve your fuel economy as it's helping your car become more efficient. Keep in mind as soon as you start modding cars, you tend to drive them harder negating any gains you might have made :P