What did you do to your car today?

I got hit up the backside by a taxi which sounds bad, but i had a towbar on (thanks Trav)

Unfortunately my 20 minute old new 4metre tinnue was on that towbar

so the bggr hit the outboard

damage limited to prop, how can you run up the back of a corolla towing a boat... idiot

whitestivo

I got hit up the backside by a taxi which sounds bad, but i had a towbar on (thanks Trav)

Unfortunately my 20 minute old new 4metre tinnue was on that towbar

so the bggr hit the outboard

damage limited to prop, how can you run up the back of a corolla towing a boat... idiot

whitestivo

sorry to hear that mate,

hopefully the damage isn't all that bad like you wrote...

after all the recent theft actvities....

i went outside to check on my car... everything seems fine, sideskirts still on there... :D

Edited by Chrono Trigger

I drove my TRD from Adelaide to Gilgandra (also happens to be 20km out from where Sam was written off), where I will be spending the evening having a good rest ready for the drive to Brisbane tomorrow.

I learnt the hard way that driving during the day does not necessarily mean that you will end up with minimal to no bugs. Driving between Adelaide and Gilgandra, I encountered many, MANY plagues of bugs. I couldn't believe my eyes. I had never seen so many bugs out during the day. I don't even think I have encountered as many bugs before even during the evening.

Luckily I found a truck wash here so I spent about 30 minutes pressure cleaning the front end including around the radiator and engine bay. It's back to a decent state now, but when I get back to Brissy, it looks like I will be spending the weekend cleaning my car... including removing the front bumper.

What a disaster:

snc00217.jpg

I drove my TRD from Adelaide to Gilgandra (also happens to be 20km out from where Sam was written off), where I will be spending the evening having a good rest ready for the drive to Brisbane tomorrow.

I learnt the hard way that driving during the day does not necessarily mean that you will end up with minimal to no bugs. Driving between Adelaide and Gilgandra, I encountered many, MANY plagues of bugs. I couldn't believe my eyes. I had never seen so many bugs out during the day. I don't even think I have encountered as many bugs before even during the evening.

Luckily I found a truck wash here so I spent about 30 minutes pressure cleaning the front end including around the radiator and engine bay. It's back to a decent state now, but when I get back to Brissy, it looks like I will be spending the weekend cleaning my car... including removing the front bumper.

What a disaster:

The Laws of Attraction are greater for the TRD!

Today I drove my TRD the final stretch to Brisbane after a good rest. Luckily I encountered only a few bugs on this trip. However, things were not so great otherwise.

Yesterday I managed to avoid hitting a Sheep and an Emu along the Barrier Highway in SA. Boy that was interesting. I also had a white bird of some description crash into my side door... most likely dead on impact. Luckily the door was fine. Also had no roos on that trip.

Today though, I luckily avoided two roos on the same lane. That was a close one. Unfortunately though, the one thing I couldn't avoid is a crow of all things. The damn thing decided to fly low into the path of my car. No damage to the body of the car, but the unique TRD mesh insert on the lower opening of the bumper took the force of the crow. It ended up stretching the TRD mesh to a point of no repair. No mounting points were damaged.... just the mesh. So that was a massive disappointment. Looks like I will have to source a replacement. In the meantime, I have just meshed it with some generic black mesh.

Also today when I got home, I took the bumper off and gave the front and the engine bay an epic cleanout. It is amazing how many bugs were still hiding in the empty space behind the bumper. Tomorrow will be the day I give the car a full clean.

At least the worst is sorted out:

dsc05811h.jpg

dsc05812u.jpg

Far out Daryl, you're just not having the best run on that stretch of road I tell you. Bad oman or something. :S

I guess like others have said, she's christened to a point now. :)

Today I gave here a good cleaning inside and out today. Spent about 1 hour at the car wash vacuuming and washing.

Then I got home and fitted a TRD oiled panel filter, Ultra Racing strut bar and 19mm rear sway bar (thanks David). Also removed all my wheels to give them a good cleaning (damn the centre caps are annoying), adjusted my park brake, and performed a tire rotation to get some extra traction.

Supercharger setup came to a halt, due to the fact i cant get a hold of the right length belt

That sucks.

Speaking of which, I didn't do much. But SupaTouring did a poop load of work

bay2.jpg

Full write up here: My link

Handed over the keys of my beloved 2001 Echo Sportivo to the insurance company after the weather in Perth last week made it look like a golf ball.

For the record, we are not replacing it with a Toyota, but rather a Ford Focus LX after every Toyota dealer north of the river gave me the s**t$. Not to mention someone manage to hit my Stivo in the Galleria Toyota carpark.

DJK, that is epic man. Props to you. You sure know how to take a car out for a "spin" :lol:

I guess your not that worried about your mesh being ruined already? I'm sure you would have changed it anyway with all the mods you do. B)

And what did I do to my car? Well, being a Saturday and a sunny one too and looking at BOM, weather for Melbourne looks sunny for at least a couple of days. I decided to give her a much needed clean after neglecting it for about 3 weeks.

So I headed over the supercheap auto and picked me up some Meguires Tyre gel. Came back home, drove the car in the backyard and started it a much needed clean.

I washed, applied scratch swirl remover, polish then wax. I then applied the Tyre gel, I have never used it so I did not know what the result would be, but wow! It is ****ing awesome stuff. SO much better then the spray. I applied two coatings, waited for the first coating to dry for 10 minutes then another coat after 10 minutes.

I then drove the car around locally to christen the clean. I love the looks I get. Even though she is stock, I get people looking over at the car. The metallic silver when detailed sparkles and shines so beautifully.

Anyway, that was my Saturday. Very happy, she is clean inside out.

Edited by unique

What a disaster:

snc00217.jpg

this is what Sam would have looked like...

oqdlky.jpg

and this one for the TRD ...

5pml94.jpg

Today I ran all the power/audio/video (for reverse camera) cables, and mounted my amp and sub in preparation for my head unit install when it arrives. That way I simply plug the head unit in etc and I will be ready to go. I may not have my sub running in the meantime, but I am willing to wait due to the fact I've been driving around lately with my stereo off so I can listen to the engine.

I guess your not that worried about your mesh being ruined already? I'm sure you would have changed it anyway with all the mods you do. B)

Well I have replaced the mesh with just the standard mesh like what was on my last mesh grill, but this is only because it looked really really empty without anything there. This is only a temporary solution though. The TRD mesh is so much better in comparison plus I want to retain that stock look of the TRD being the car that it is.

I will go into Toyota on Tuesday and see if I can order the replacement part. I would seriously wonder how many pieces like this they would have remaining.

this is what Sam would have looked like...

and this one for the TRD ...

Definitely a a smart idea. Or I can use SILVABULLET's idea to use contact to cover it just for the interstate trip. But my main problem here wasn't the bumper itself, it was everything behind it. Bugs managed to find their way through the grill and into the radiator and in every nook and cranny that exists behind the bumper. I had never experienced such a case of bugs before, but I think this was due to the road I was travelling (Barrier Highway) which was more outback than any road I'd travelled before. Also had Emu's and Sheep crossing the highway which was also new.

Still though, in future, I may do what I saw others travelling the road were doing. Putting that green fruit fly mesh over the entire front bumper. That way the radiator still gets air and all the bugs (well their shells anyway) get stopped by the mesh.

Dropped my car off at Proshine bodyworks this morning to have the hail damage fixed,hopefully it will be ready early next week. :)

also my Buddy Clubs should be ready for p/up later this week...it's all starting to come together nicely.

While continuously trying to work against my immune system (which is telling me to rest), I finally got all the odds and ends finished on my car.

Today I got my sub up an running, got the wiring all finished for the reverse camera so I just have to fit said camera, fitted my HID's, got myself two new expensive tires (damn 19 inch wheels) and got my rego all sorted.

Now I have the DJKOR plates on and it feels just about right.