What did you do to your car today?

Well today I unfortunately ruined most of my cleaning effort. Six hours to clean and only 6 minutes of driving till it was covered in rain and road mist.

Depite my anger, I guess I got a slightly good feeling watching the water bead and run up the bonnet. Then looking at all the water beaded on the roof/bonnet/boot when I parked it. Still, such a disappointment.

DJK, do you use a buffer or everything by hand?

Always by hand. I know a machine can be better, but I prefer the feel of everything under your hand.

Also did you take any pictures of the car when clean or did the rain spoil her? :(. Would love to see a fellow silver Aurion sparkle :)

Well, I didn't take any yesterday, but just for you I made sure I took some before I left. Nothing fancy since my camera is pretty simple:

dsc05893t.jpg

dsc05899.jpg

dsc05901jm.jpg

dsc05897i.th.jpg dsc05902q.th.jpg

Oh man. You don't know how much jealousy has kicked in now :lol:. She is amazing. When I scrolled down to look at the pictures, I scroll back to have another look, and another, and another :P

I wish I could see it in person!

:spiteful: :spiteful:

just dropped mine in for a service,

just a simple one, and getting the power steering fluid changed too :D

Evo

got her back from le service' and she's running brilliantly :D

i cant wait till i am finished work, and take her up the highway lol :lol:

Evo

drove her around for a bit getting used to the clutch and all that now started all the gear changes so im pretty happy wanna go for my P's soon would be nice to be at the annual on my P's

cleaned my car, also put a new ambi pur purfume too... and 3 hours of driving later... dust is caked on the car :angry: stupid black cars <_<

need to change my ballasts and HIDs too... flicker on left gah...

Well earlier today (as in around 2:45am), I drove my car past a clean looking Aurion Sportivo with some nice wheels, the usual, etc, and managed to grab his attention. At the next set of lights he gave me a thumbs up and appreciated the TRD. I asked if he was on the forums, to which he said no, so I told him to look us up.

As well, today I completed the first stage of my 'now to be' weekly car cleaning and detailing. I have set specific days to clean my car which should result in it staying as clean as I can get it.

This will also remove the need for me to make further posts just to say things like I waxed my car etc. It seems that's what this thread mainly consist of.

Anyways, today I performed my Sunday car car routine. This consists of a full interior and exterior clean, and a full wax to top up the already present coating.

Then on Thursdays, I will just wash the car and do a quick detail of the interior just for the weekly meets.

So as it stands, my car now has about 1.5 layers of wax on her (2.5 on the bonnet, roof, and boot) and she is so damn smooth, she is smoother than <statement not suitable for forum use>.

Also, I've done some thinking about it. Let's just say that by the time I clean the car the second time on Sunday, I would have stripped about half a layer of wax off the car. Now if the situation was ideal (weather not being crazy, wax having the ability to layer properly, and wax not reaching point of diminishing gains), then by the time I get to the National Meet in Sydney and clean my car, I should still have a good 3 and a half layers of wax on her so she will be ready to be on show. This is providing I wax her on the Thursday before I leave.

Top stuff DJK, I love reading those type of posts of yours :).

I just cleaned my car on Saturday after neglecting her for a long time since its been raining every day in Melbourne.

Saturday was really nice and cool and sunny. Perfect condition's for cleaning and waxing a car as there is no heat or harsh direct sunlight.

Gave her a nice clean outside and used SwirlX for the first time ever and it does work. If looked on the right angle you can still see the swirls all over the car but it has reduced them heaps by masking them up.

The only way to properly get them buffed out would be to machine them and a better product for the job, as by hand it just does not cut it.

So yeah, she looks awesome, tyre shine, waxing, inside outside etc. Done a engine clean too with some degreaser. She's looking hot again(Doubt this will last as its raining on off constantly here).

Put the 18in Kappas and Federal 595RPM's on, installed the colour coded eyelids and some Osram Nightbreakers into the low-beams and gave her a wash.

just bought and installed K&N high flow panel filter, i was going to go the CAI road but couldnt be bothered with the possibilty of being defected, i was pretty amazed though my little fella is so so so much more responsive in the mid to high range, next on the list is the extractors.

Started pulling apart both a C150 (Echo) gearbox and a C56 (Levin) gearbox to see if I can make a close ratio box for the Echo by using the C56 ge****t and final drive. The C56 diff will also allow me to use the TRD lsd that I have sitting at home.

Oh, and stuff washing it, it's only going to get dirty again in 2 weeks.

Installed the Ultra Racing front strut tower bar - looking forward to getting in to take her for a run, first run will have the 3y.o little dude on board as I have to pick up his Mum from work so there'll be no hard cornering (last time I accelerated a bit too quickly he told me to be patient and not get stressed out, then he told me that I should be driving with my hands at a quarter past nine not ten to two - I kid you not, that's exactly what he said, I'm getting driving advice from my 3y.o son :huh:

Someone decided to leave their banana peel on my side mirrors today... wtf, seriously people have no respect for other people's properties these days. :angry: