What did you do to your car today?

Very good day today.

I had a nice one on one session with the car today. It feels so good working on the car yourself. Finally got around to flushing the power steering, refilled with fresh fluids. The steering does feel better and no more noise. I had that motor noise from the power steering when turning, that is gone. I guess it was because I was also kind of low on power steering fluid so this flush and fluid topped up to right level made everything run so much better. I'm glad I done it.

Then after cleaning up the big mess of oil I started cleaning inside the car. I gave the floor mats a really good steam clean and they are now drying on the line and the carpet inside a deep vacuum. I used meguiras leather cream on the seats and wiped down the dashes with the amorall spray.

Everything is cleaaaan as.

Tomorrow spending my lazy sunday washing, degreasing and hosing down engine compartment, claying, polishing waxing, fueling up with BP98 come back home and sit back and look at her :P

:yahoo:

Gave her a good wash and polish and gave the wheels another coat of wax.

also sold my old 20" Fox rims & tyres today...was trying to hang onto em but was coping so much flack from the missus i finally relented and let em go. :(

she has no idea the cash from my wheel sale is going towards my new brake upgrade,let the games begin. :spiteful:

Yesterday/today:

Removed ADM front bar, test-fitted the FXGT bar - even in the wrong colour and missing lip/indicators/foglights it looked heaps cool, so it'll be getting painted after my tax money comes in. Then proceded to remove pod filter from inside front guard, clean/re-oil it (really could use a new one but I'll do that when I put the painted FXGT bar on, much easier to do when the bar is off) and put it back in, then re-installed the ADM front bar. Sad face now that it is back to normal, I want the FX one on now :(

filled mine up with 61 liters of fuel :P :P :P :P :P

yes i'm tight. Hung on to the cheapest day as best I can.

Stivo FTW !!! :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

Fixed (I hope) my idle issues with some map tweaking.

Washed the car, even inside the door trims, I'm normally too lazy.

Treated the leather to a clean and cream.

And got two more harnesses to about 80% complete; ran out of heat shrink.

But stopped short of filling it up on a Sunday :P

Well I had a fail day today. Tried to fix up an engine earth. Manage to snap the head of the bolt where the cai is supposed to be connected to. Managed to drill the bolt out, only to do the same thing with a stronger bolt. But this time I couldn't drill it out and had to make a new hole to bolt the cai.

Then wrestled with the over tightened oil filter for an hour.

filled mine up with 61 liters of fuel :P :P :P :P :P

yes i'm tight. Hung on to the cheapest day as best I can.

Stivo FTW !!! :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

Cheapest day my *****! I paid about 1.40 for BP98 today compare to 1.35 last week.

Today I put the floor mats back in once they were dry and I gave the outside of the car a wash and cleaned the engine bay with a lot of degreaser. You should of seen the driveway, it was like a rainbow because of all the oil and grease that ran off the engine. Then I attacked ALL the plastics in the engine area with meguiars tyre shine gel, looking heaps good.

Then gave the whole car a wash wax etc.

Then went for my big cruise on my own. The road, myself, my music jamming and the car :). Love a good cruise after such a big clean.

trawling google in all info relates to fuel pump and fuel filter for my noisy fuel pump yaris, will have a look at the fuses and relays tomorrow...

Have been doing constant checks of the steering fluid to see if everything is going well after the flush.

After driving 40 minutes I checked out the fluid and it was above the MAX HOT mark. So I obviously overfilled. So I sucked out all the fluid just for the heck of it and topped up with the left over penrite fluid to the correct fill. Checked again after driving and now its sitting perfectly flush on the HOT MAX line.

I think I have the cleanest Aurion power steering fluid in Australia now :lol:

:lol:, You wish. More like the ones that leave the factory are the cleanest.

I flushed mine twice before filling it again BTW :P

Ok well today first job was to change all the interior lighting to blue LED Bulbs :)

and before anyone says "OMG how'd you take that pic when its only just getting dark" the answer is that i put the garage door down :P

img3325w.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

second job was a complete good clean on the inside

img3340p.jpg

next, a good wash.

img3332.jpg

and finally, a nice wax :)

img3333t.jpg

all in all a productive day!

Edited by Brendo88

Looking good man. Very clean.

I've got two comments in the past two days about my Aurion. First comment is, damn its clean did you buy it new and, it looks mean. Oh yeah, cannot forget the little nephew. He loves going for a drive in the car. He still sits in a booster seat(only few months until he can legally ride without one) so he really enjoys the big room in the back for all his toys haha.

A silver Aurion under correct lighting looks mean as.

Edited by unique

:lol:, You wish. More like the ones that leave the factory are the cleanest.

I flushed mine twice before filling it again BTW :P

Damn I forgot about that. I had the spotlight and you took it from me straight away :lol:

My next fluid change is coolant and I think thats it.

I've pretty much changed all fluids in the car. :)

Looking good man. Very clean.

I've got two comments in the past two days about my Aurion. First comment is, damn its clean did you buy it new and, it looks mean. Oh yeah, cannot forget the little nephew. He loves going for a drive in the car. He still sits in a booster seat(only few months until he can legally ride without one) so he really enjoys the big room in the back for all his toys haha.

A silver Aurion under correct lighting looks mean as.

lol nice

I get alot of " OMG how do you get the car so clean and why are the tyres so shiny and black". Heading into town today to get some prices on a Varex exhaust system. I think im going to be dissapointed at the cost though :(

EDIT: So ditched going exhaust shopping but went to auto barn and picked up some trd decals for my car. What you guys think?

img3346w.jpg

img3348z.jpg

img3350n.jpg

Edited by Brendo88

nothing really to do with my car, but i got to drive the new Landcruiser Prado 3 Door ZR, man it's so nice i wish my Levin ZR came in full leather interior with Heated seats...here's some pics for now

i'll be able to get some better quality pics tonight though

post-14719-127870991726_thumb.jpg

post-14719-127870993124_thumb.jpg

^ 3 door Landcruiser.... something just isn't quite right :lol:

As for me, I haven't really done anything to my car lately. About the only thing I have done is taking advantage of the crisp cold air at night and giving her a good hard drive because the supercharger just loves it.

^ 3 door Landcruiser.... something just isn't quite right :lol:

Been plenty of 3-door Troopies (ignore the Bundera though, it's a POS) :P

Washed, clayed, sealed/glazed + waxed the car today.

Biggest improvements can be seen on the bootlid, doors + rear 1/4 panels. Bonnet + front looks much the same, but this may be due to the recent repaint.

post-14703-127873228667_thumb.jpg post-14703-127873229858_thumb.jpg post-14703-127873230609_thumb.jpg post-14703-127873232016_thumb.jpg

Today (last night an hour or so ago), I took my car to Hoppy's and gave her a good cleaning.

It's not that though which is the reason for my posting. I guess what you could say that I did with my car is use it to attract some attention. As I was there drying her off to a brilliant shine out the front of the place, it happened to grab the attention of a fellow by the name of Tony who was driving by in his Avalon.

We had a bit of discussion about the TRD etc and I later learnt that he has a 3500SL as well which is Build Number 0012. Amongst all the discussion, I also learnt that the official figure was a total of 624 TRD Aurions built, not the 614 or so that I originally thought.

So we had a good discussion and I told him about the forums (pointing out the details on the sticker stuck to my window), so we may be expecting a new member soon.