What did you do to your car today?

Changed the lighting on my climate control to a slightly blue color to better match the stereo. Also ripped apart the stereo and finally fixed the SD card reader that I buggered last time.

Also made an Ebay purchase, hope to be the first one in Brisbane getting around with this set of <items>

Ooh, a mystery.

Do tell...!

More scrubbing of the 82 in the shed , the engine is nearing the clean look the bay has! The sportivo is mid way through a good clean and a decent buff.

Changed the lighting on my climate control to a slightly blue color to better match the stereo.

I wish I did that when I took my head unit out to piggy-back onto the USB connector. Now it's all back together, I really can't be bothered disassembling it all again.

Also made an Ebay purchase, hope to be the first one in Brisbane getting around with this set of <items>

Ooh, a mystery.

Do tell...!

I can't wait to see it.

Just finished with detailing my Ravioli, after three days of cleaning it up! Feels nice to start the week with a clean car. :)

Agreed, but to spent nearly 1/2 a week cleaning it the first place? Talk about keen.

I once got so smashed I decided I would clean every nook and cranny of my car with a toothbrush, and polish every bolt. When I awoke the next morning my intake manifold was in pieces and I couldn't find my air filter anywhere :s

Just finished with detailing my Ravioli, after three days of cleaning it up! Feels nice to start the week with a clean car. :)

Agreed, but to spent nearly 1/2 a week cleaning it the first place? Talk about keen.

I once got so smashed I decided I would clean every nook and cranny of my car with a toothbrush, and polish every bolt. When I awoke the next morning my intake manifold was in pieces and I couldn't find my air filter anywhere :s

Heheh, didn't give my car a proper wash since last month, till I bought a new hose attachment last week (The old one cracked after 6 years.).

Took her to the drags again. Despite what I have said in the past about not going anymore, I just couldn't resist. Was a good choice as well. Got myself a new time:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26861&view=findpost&p=405775

13.372s @ 104.46mph

Times.jpg

Must be the freezing cold weather.

Yup. Boost loves the cold. That said, the temperature difference between my first and last run was only about 2 degrees. When I last ran when I had my stock airbox, I got the 13.748s @ 101.91mph and the temperature then was about 17 degrees. So 4 degrees cooler and 0.376 seconds quicker. My Sportivo didn't have much variation in the same conditions. My fastest run in the Sportivo was 14.131s and that was at 15 degrees. I still couldn't get it any quicker, even in temperatures down to 10 degrees.

Jealous?

Today I finally got off my lazy behind and replaced my reverse camera. I ordered a new one a couple of days ago and today I fitted it. I had previously been using a temporary setup with the camera that came with the head unit but the image was half cropped.

Te reason why I was so lazy about it is because a OEM replacement camera made for this car simply doesn't fit mine (you will see why in the following images), so I have to use a generic camera and custom mount it.

Anyways, after a couple of hours mucking around to get it all perfect, it is all done. The images explain themselves:

dsc06010h.jpg

dsc06012a.jpg

dsc06014y.jpg

dsc06015a.jpg

Removed both front seats (thank god the airbags didn't go off) and took out my Mono and 4ch amps. Going to tear open the 4ch and see whats wrong with it. Managed to burr one of the bolts that hold the seats down as well, so it looks like no passengers in the front till I get another one :angry:. Also removed the subwoofer as well.

Measured up my boot for a custom box, but I'm going to lose a poo-load of bootspace. I need approximately 225-240L in this enclosure.

Removed both front seats (thank god the airbags didn't go off) and took out my Mono and 4ch amps. Going to tear open the 4ch and see whats wrong with it. Managed to burr one of the bolts that hold the seats down as well, so it looks like no passengers in the front till I get another one :angry:. Also removed the subwoofer as well.

Measured up my boot for a custom box, but I'm going to lose a poo-load of bootspace. I need approximately 225-240L in this enclosure.

Wow 225L-240L thats bigger than a 44 gallon drum (205lt)...what sub or subs you running?

Wow 225L-240L thats bigger than a 44 gallon drum (205lt)...what sub or subs you running?

What the hell kinda sub box you making?? A 4th order bandpass for an 18" woofer?!

My dad is abit of an audio nut and he's not impressed with my bass. It's 'boomy' as he says. He feels bad for me getting a sub-standard setup so he's helping me out.

Will be running 4x12" drivers, need a box where I can physically put 2 side by side (I'll see a 3dB gain for each pair of drivers I have close to each either). 2 on the front of the box and 2 on the top of the box. Bass quantity won't be high but the quality should be very good. Looking to provide 50-60L per driver and the box will be sealed. No ports.

Good thing is he already has the drivers and the amp to power it. He's just keeping secret what they are. Will have to buy a better battery though.