What did you do to your car today?

Today I picked her up from her service and spent quite a lot of time driving her while listening really carefully. It's slightly making me crazy.

Picked up 2 JL 12" subs in a ported box and a Cadence mono-block amp to power them, for $400

Always said that I'd never go twin subs (not a hard-core bass fan), but JL are good and if it gets too much I can always swap them with the single 12" in the Celica (Cara is jealous that I've got more subs than her now anyway)

did the LED console mod now im blueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

though would be a little more happier if they were a bit brighter.. ah well

and also need find out the size of the cig lighter bulb

:D

Spent 1800 bucks on fixing front end damage

Then spent 1100 on a new motor because I melted pistons

Now I need to spend 1500+ dollars on a new gearbox and diff

Spent 1800 bucks on fixing front end damage

Then spent 1100 on a new motor because I melted pistons

Now I need to spend 1500+ dollars on a new gearbox and diff

ouch thats gotta hurt

Learn from my FAIL. Don't put a red bull in the back of the Aurions cup holders.

DSCN3203-1.jpg

Now, because I cannot clean exterior of the car since its pouring down rain everyday, I finally decided to clean the inside:

BEFORE:

DSCN3208-1.jpg

AFTER:

DSCN3213-1.jpg

BEFORE:

DSCN3206-1.jpg

AFTER:

DSCN3210-1.jpg

In addition to giving the interior a vacuum I applied a generous amount of Meguires Leather conditioner on all the seats with my applicator pad. Looking pretty good, loving the smell and how clean the interior is now. Feels like a weight has come off my shoulders.

DSCN3211-1.jpg

DSCN3212-1.jpg

Got car back. Various little fiddly fixed again, this time just a couple of noises and yay, a tune. About 260hp (at the hubs) was the highest dyno they had for the day, mind you being a tuning sesh and not a power run thats conservative due to huge heat soak from continuous runs.

Wont be getting much more from the lil CT26, maybe a few more HP if I turn the boost up a bit more, but its surging a bit and if I put it up I risk starting to hit boost cut.

Time to start saving for a lil Garret I think.

I don't usually like to post just to say I've cleaned my car, because at the end of the day, it's something that is a part of the car's life. But today's cleaning was much more significant than the usual clean.

At one point I was pretty picky about keeping my TRD well waxed etc etc. Then the Annual Meet happened. Prior to today, the last time I waxed my car/cleaned it with such passion was the day before the meet. Boy did I learn from my mistakes today (well kinda). Not doing any maintenance spray waxes etc had resulted in a fair coverage of these little dots of road grime/tar on the sides of the car which claying alone could not really remove. Had to attack it all bit by bit until it was all cleaned up. One conclusion I reached today as well is that I don't really want to clay this car again. Maybe that decision may change in the future, but right now I feel that when that time comes again, I am willing to pay someone to do it.

So I started washing her from 10:45am. The house next door is currently for sale and was open house for the morning. A couple went in to view around 11am, and by the time they left at around 11:30am, I was still drying my car. The reason I mentioned that is because later on at around 2pm, they drove past the house again (to show someone else it appears), and it was quite funny to see their 'WTF' expression as they drove by and could still see me cleaning the car; I was waxing it at this point in time.

Anyways, finally by 4pm I was all complete. I've had enough of this for now. I figured I'll take some photos to remind me of what it should look like and here is the end result of my 5 hour cleaning spree.

dsc06071d.jpg

dsc06072k.jpg

dsc06073r.th.jpg dsc06077.th.jpg dsc06079c.th.jpg dsc06081f.th.jpg

Started her up for the first time in around 3-4 weeks... with only a few litres left in the tank, she didn't start easy.

Also got started on the footwell lighting and general mucking about. Car always seems to win over house cleaning

I don't usually like to post just to say I've cleaned my car, because at the end of the day, it's something that is a part of the car's life. But today's cleaning was much more significant than the usual clean.

At one point I was pretty picky about keeping my TRD well waxed etc etc. Then the Annual Meet happened. Prior to today, the last time I waxed my car/cleaned it with such passion was the day before the meet. Boy did I learn from my mistakes today (well kinda). Not doing any maintenance spray waxes etc had resulted in a fair coverage of these little dots of road grime/tar on the sides of the car which claying alone could not really remove. Had to attack it all bit by bit until it was all cleaned up. One conclusion I reached today as well is that I don't really want to clay this car again. Maybe that decision may change in the future, but right now I feel that when that time comes again, I am willing to pay someone to do it.

So I started washing her from 10:45am. The house next door is currently for sale and was open house for the morning. A couple went in to view around 11am, and by the time they left at around 11:30am, I was still drying my car. The reason I mentioned that is because later on at around 2pm, they drove past the house again (to show someone else it appears), and it was quite funny to see their 'WTF' expression as they drove by and could still see me cleaning the car; I was waxing it at this point in time.

Anyways, finally by 4pm I was all complete. I've had enough of this for now. I figured I'll take some photos to remind me of what it should look like and here is the end result of my 5 hour cleaning spree.

dsc06071d.jpg

dsc06072k.jpg

dsc06073r.th.jpg dsc06077.th.jpg dsc06079c.th.jpg dsc06081f.th.jpg

LOVE IT! (althou whats with the soft toy hanging below the car? :P ) after a 5 hour deatail, theres nothing better than sitting back with a cold beer whilst admiring your work. :)

i cant wait to get my kit fitted and the paint out gassed so i can give mine the detail of her life!

until then its simply wax once a fortnight and wash twice a week with ultimate quik wax each time!

Silver FTW!

You should see my car now, its so dirty the back tyres have flinged up mud onto the back bumper. Looks like the cars a rear wheel drive and I've been doing burnout outs in mud. LOL.

No point cleaning her. It's raining everyday. In fact as I type this and about to head out it's pouring down rain. <_<

One day when the weather is going to be okay for at least a week (by checking on BOM) I'll be waking up at 8am and start cleaning by 9AM and this will be a clean like yours. The absolute works including clay.

This is probably irrelevant but do you think it takes longer cleaning the TRD or the Sportivo?

Edited by unique

On the Ae82 , Replaced the hubs on the front , set up the KYB's and the kings i bought with brand new bump stops and placed them all together and put them in the car , replaced the front and rear engine mounts and a few bolts here and there... tried on my new toys! Zender Turbo 15X7" Wheels in a +25-30ish offset!

47001_10150237731660083_777730082_14301945_5155506_n.jpg

Silver FTW!

You should see my car now, its so dirty the back tyres have flinged up mud onto the back bumper. Looks like the cars a rear wheel drive and I've been doing burnout outs in mud. LOL.

No point cleaning her. It's raining everyday. In fact as I type this and about to head out it's pouring down rain. <_<

One day when the weather is going to be okay for at least a week (by checking on BOM) I'll be waking up at 8am and start cleaning by 9AM and this will be a clean like yours. The absolute works including clay.

This is probably irrelevant but do you think it takes longer cleaning the TRD or the Sportivo?

I feel your pain unique.

1st sept and we're free :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful:

I somehow managed to get mud on my roof. <_< <_< <_<

It took me two days to clean it.

I started Monday and finished Yesterday, washed it three, yes three times! I washed HALF the car and by the time I washed half the car the bucket of water was almost black as, so I emptied it and made some fresh water for the other half of the car, I then dried, after drying I clayed, after claying I washed the car AGAIN.

I dried the whole car head to toe and every edge and corner, also gave the engine a clean.

Yesterday I drove the car into the garage and waxed the whole car, tyre shine and then sat back and marvelled at my work.

Car looks so shiny. Has that nice show room sparkle to it that I love after washing a car like that.

I'm NEVER going to leave it that long again. Rain or no rain.

Edited by unique

Today I fitted a gas strut to lift the bonnet on the 2002 Corolla Wagon.

post-16070-128340476093_thumb.jpg

Bought two struts back in 2008 and they have been sitting around until today.

The number on the gas strut is T112 from the Gas Strut Guys(0406 951 326), about 400 mm total length with 170mm stroke.

post-16070-12834055054_thumb.jpg

Needed new end, made from some nylon type material.

post-16070-128340545715_thumb.jpg

Mounting was pretty easy, there is a hole in the guard near the rear of the guard, drivers side.

Hole the right size and just needed the thread of the mount driven through the hole.

Washer mounted under the nut of the mount and another washer (~2mm thick) between the guard and another piece of metal under the guard lip.

Small bracket (aluminum) made to support guard as it was flexing somewhat without the extra support.

Nut then onto the end of the mount and tighten.

post-16070-128340556975_thumb.jpg

Attach guard end first, mark and drill one 4mm hole in bonnet where bracket will attach, put in one 4mm stainless pop rivet and partially tighten, check alignment, mark and drill 4mm hole (at other end of bracket), put in second pop rivet, pop both rivets once happy.

New Bracket made to suit bonnet end of strut, connector on this end came with the struts.

post-16070-12834055462_thumb.jpg

Seems to only need one strut to lift bonnet and to take the place of the standard stay. Left the standard stay in place.

Pleased with this, nice action when opening bonnet.

Another mod I have done is to mount two 1W Cree leds under the bonnet and switch them through a micro switch mounted on the passenger side bonnet hinge.

post-16070-128340598223_thumb.jpg

Micro switch. Fused 12v supply used from fog light install.

post-16070-128340601573_thumb.jpg

The metal extension that activates the micros switch touches the head of the bolt holding the guard, just before the bonnet closes. Leds are on only when bonnet is open.

Hope that this is both instructive and informative.

Please take care when doing anything like this, you can stuff up big time.

If you need more info please send me a PM.

soundbyte

Didn't do much (besides wash it) but I did get this:

post-14703-12834129968_thumb.jpg post-14703-128341300422_thumb.jpg

Sportivo Accessories bodykit. Front spoiler, rear lower spoiler (which I was really after), side skirts and sports grille. It's the wrong colour but @ $380 posted I couldn't say no.

Didn't do much (besides wash it) but I did get this:

post-14703-12834129968_thumb.jpg post-14703-128341300422_thumb.jpg

Sportivo Accessories bodykit. Front spoiler, rear lower spoiler (which I was really after), side skirts and sports grille. It's the wrong colour but @ $380 posted I couldn't say no.

Nice score...you can always prep them yourself and then get a painter to just shoot em,should be a bit cheaper and you should be able to control how the final finish comes out,painter has nothing to hide behind if your prep work is spot on. ;)