What did you do to your car today?

Started the AE82 for the first time in close to a year today - battery in it was completely dead so swapped over the healthy one from the AE102, got it started and cleaned out the lungs before taking it around the block to the servo to pump up the tyres, then a quick blast to say good-bye (which managed to take me straight past a cop at a speed-trap *ouch* - wasn't speeding, but even though he was on the other side of the road he could have noted the plates and checked up to find that the car has been unregistered since last September). Even though it still had half-a-tank of year-old fuel it still ran the best it probably ever had, which makes it seem even more of a shame for it to depart our presence tomorrow - nice healthy fun rev-y engine let down by a rusty shell and several half-****d former owners who put half-**** effort into half-**** work (the number of corners cut and bodgy things is phenomenal)

Farewell Rosie, we will miss you.

super lows in the rear

At first, it was actually 20mm higher (freak out time), but after a spirited drive, she's down from 65.3 in the rear to 63.4 and 62.8 in the front down to 62.4, measure concrete to guard... very happy indeed. Noticebaly lower and harder for my old bones to get up out of the car.

just squats and goes, when the tyres wear in, i'll have decision on handling, but so far, farrrrr less roll in corners..

pics to follow... where is the damn colt so i can get some good shots. 313?

whitestivo

I got this:

<California Scent>

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

That stuff smells nothing like new car.

It's good to see that I was not the only one thinking it doesn't smell like new car :lol: but its better then ambipur stuff that smells like toilet spray :lol:

Started the AE82 for the first time in close to a year today - battery in it was completely dead so swapped over the healthy one from the AE102, got it started and cleaned out the lungs before taking it around the block to the servo to pump up the tyres, then a quick blast to say good-bye (which managed to take me straight past a cop at a speed-trap *ouch* - wasn't speeding, but even though he was on the other side of the road he could have noted the plates and checked up to find that the car has been unregistered since last September). Even though it still had half-a-tank of year-old fuel it still ran the best it probably ever had, which makes it seem even more of a shame for it to depart our presence tomorrow - nice healthy fun rev-y engine let down by a rusty shell and several half-****d former owners who put half-**** effort into half-**** work (the number of corners cut and bodgy things is phenomenal)

Farewell Rosie, we will miss you.

And on Sunday, the saga came to an end.....

Photo039.jpg

Photo040.jpg

Looked at the Aurion. She is so dirty lol. It's been now I think a month since cleaning her. The weather in Melbourne has been crap all month. Last night when parked outside the gym when I came back the whole car had a layer of frost on it, its freezing here.

And its been raining heaps so lots of mud all over the joint. Not happy jan.

When weather starts drying up and heating up shes going to get a complete detail.

Reversed over a piece of concrete about half the height of a normal curb and shat my pants.

It made the worst donk and massive plastic scratching noise.

Lucky nothing happened except i scratched the **** out of the mud guard....... again.

I drove for about 5-10 minutes to my local shopping centre where I parked the '09 Ateva in an undercover car park and walked out to the bus stop to get to the CBD.

On Sunday I will likely clean my car for two hours. This is my routine:

1) hose off dust

2) wash

3) chamois dry

4) spray polish exterior (or wax if required)

5) armour-all interior

6) armour-all rubber seals around doors

7) clean interior window glass

8) clean and condition leather trim

9) vacuum carpets & deodorise

10) check engine & light clean of engine bay

11) clean exterior window glass

12) Mr Sheen exterior brightwork, incl grille surround and badges

13) clean tyres and alloys

14) spray disinfectant into interior

15) clean boot rubber seals

16) clean head and tail lights

17) Mr Sheen bumper bars.

That's all.

Today i replaced where the cross bar used to be with the lower bar and moved the cross bar back abit using longer bolts. No difference in handling as i already had the cross bar there. The lower bar came with the cross bar but never had it in.

dsc0175u.th.jpg

dsc0174n.th.jpg

dsc0171r.th.jpg

dsc0170j.th.jpg

dsc0169u.th.jpg

So once everything was bolted up. I add some black foam padding so that no one will be able to see the cross bar from behind. Just keeping things subtle so i wont get in to trouble.

dsc0173es.th.jpg

Decided to add cheap ebay foot well LEDs running off dome lights as a courtesy light. Spices up my boring interior. Now i can also see where i step when getting into my car.

dsc0188j.th.jpg

dsc0187np.th.jpg

Today I dropped her off at Southside Toyota so she can get her 45,000km service. Kinda funny in a way because her last dealer service was on 24/03/2010 and that was at 18,361km. Anyways, the warranty is going to expire tomorrow so I figured I would get one last dealer service and take advantage of the $120 service cap whilst at the same time, bringing up the steering knock issue which luckily started in the last month or so. More details about all of that are here:

Aurion intermediate shaft spline

Anyway, I called them up just then (because they have a tendency to not really call with updates during the late shift) and they said they will need the car till tomorrow morning around 7am.

So I really hope this is because they are in fact fitting my new intermediate shaft... otherwise I'm not going to be happy.

put a full tank of petrol in it $30.00 oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

... you dont really want me to comment on the Supra's fuel consumption and cost do you :P, bought 70L of 98RON recently?

What I did today: Pined for the Supra :lol:

Hopefully have it back on or just after Wednesday...

put a full tank of petrol in it $30.00 oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

... you dont really want me to comment on the Supra's fuel consumption and cost do you :P, bought 70L of 98RON recently?

What I did today: Pined for the Supra :lol:

Hopefully have it back on or just after Wednesday...

to me thats cheap :P