What did you do to your car today?

I figured since I don't really have to start till later today (and finish a bit earlier FTW), I thought I may as well change my brake pads. As expected, the passenger side was now on the wear indicator, and the drives side was just about there. So with that all sorted, I now have some EBC Red Stuff to complement the callipers.

di-6128770460813.jpg

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Melbourne, only 20 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. So perfect weather for washing the car, not too cold and not too hot.

Gave the whole car a nice wash with heap of suds, then attacked the engine and cleaned and washed that out. Then I went inside the car and pulled the whole bottom back seat out, and vacuumed then spray and wiped and vacuumed under the seat again.

Then tried out my new meguires classic shine spray on dash and trim(damn it smells so good) and a very thorough vacuum and then wiped down all windows and tyre shined the wheels.

A great car wash to compliment it's oil change a week ago.

Washed with Meguires NXT wash, waxed with NXT tech wax 2.0, cleaned the windows and gave the interior a wipe down. Pretty happy with the results. Might try Meguires Deep Crystal polish before the NXT 2.0 next time.. supposed to provide deeper better gloss. Any thoughts on that?

Losing light but you get the idea:

NXT-reflection.jpg

After upgrading the wheels a month ago and replaced rear springs with a set of heavy duty ones last week, today I decided to fit the white Philips globes for the low beam for a cool $95 :rolleyes:

Not as good as the HID but is the next best thing.

Edited by conroe

After upgrading the wheels a month ago and replaced rear springs with a set of heavy duty ones last week, today I decided to fit the white Phillip globes for the low beam for a cool $95 :rolleyes:

Not as good as the HID but is the next best thing.

Sorry to say mate but I think you got ripped off good.

Today... provided my package arrives, I shall be fitting my rear EBC Red Stuff pads and changing my brake fluid.

Discovered that some US dealer likes my Camry....

http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota/2002_2006_camry/

post-14703-076719400 1288153157_thumb.jp

Did they even ask permission to use your pics?

Nah, I only noticed because one of the AusCam members pointed it out to me.

The only thing that really bothers me about it is that it's such an old photo...!

Discovered that some US dealer likes my Camry....

http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota/2002_2006_camry/

post-14703-076719400 1288153157_thumb.jp

Did they even ask permission to use your pics?

Nah, I only noticed because one of the AusCam members pointed it out to me.

The only thing that really bothers me about it is that it's such an old photo...!

That's pretty awesome. What an honour it would be for you that your car is good enough to be front page on a car site.

That's pretty awesome. What an honour it would be for you that your car is good enough to be front page on a car site.

It's not bad :)

lol thats funny man...

you should take some new shots and email them saying "hey, i dont like that shot cause its old.. feel free to steal this image!"

That's probably my biggest gripe; it's such an old shot!

Can you please elaborate, as in the price or that it is not worth buying in the first place :huh: .

I really don't know much apart from the claim made by Philips itself, not that it's going to make any different, since I already paid for the lights, but perhaps for future reference.

Here is the link to the Philips bulbs:

http://www.invisionsales.com/lighting/philips/headlight-upgrades

Edited by conroe

Can you please elaborate, as in the price or that it is not worth buying in the first place :huh: .

I really don't know much apart from the claim made by Philips itself, not that it's going to make any different, since I already paid for the lights, but perhaps for future reference.

PowerBulbs.com will do them for you @ almost half the price including shipping from the UK (which doesn't take too long either)

PowerBulbs.com will do them for you @ almost half the price including shipping from the UK (which doesn't take too long either)

Ah gee, thanks for that, I should have consulted the forum first. It was kind of spur of the moment, but at least it should be better than the original right?

Any aftermarket Phillips or Osram will be better than the stock bulbs.

Which is quite funny in a way because the stock bulbs are Philips and Osram (for the headlights and foglights respectively... or the other way around). But I get what you mean though. OEM Philips/Osram vs. aftermarket Philips/Osram.

That said though, the statement there is not true for the high beams. Those are a Toshiba H1R1 bulb which is a fairly good bulb as it is.

Washed with Meguires NXT wash, waxed with NXT tech wax 2.0, cleaned the windows and gave the interior a wipe down. Pretty happy with the results. Might try Meguires Deep Crystal polish before the NXT 2.0 next time.. supposed to provide deeper better gloss. Any thoughts on that?

Losing light but you get the idea:

NXT-reflection.jpg

wouldnt bother too much with the deep crystal...

my suggestion would be:

either get a MILD paint cleaner such as swirlX.. and use that before you apply NXT 2.0.. as the swirlx has polishing agents inside, and also gets rid of minor imperfections...

or if your paint is already fairly swirl free, then try autoglym super resin polish...

ive had really good results with autoglym super resin polish... to my eyes it made my white a lot glossier.. and when i apply NXT2.0 ontop of it, it really shines hardcore :P

hope that helps :)

anyway didnt do much to mine... pumped tires up to 40psi.. and got some isopropyl to prepare headlights for eyelid application :)